Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
panxing18 Offline

Abbil

27.07.2019 05:21
We don’t like admitting that we don’t always hav Antworten

e the answer Walker Buehler Jersey , but I feel the Twins front office wants the organization to accept that this is okay."“The more I learn, the more I realize how much I don’t know.”This quote is attributed to Albert Einstein, noted physicist and go-to reference when a child needed a condescending response to a friend’s observation. It’s a quote that has stuck with me, acknowledging that even the experts in a field can recognize that they don’t have the answers to everything around us. Some people are turned off by this. For example, a student of mine revealed that some of her classmates didn’t like me as a teacher because I “didn’t know anything” compared to the older and much more seasoned calculus teacher. Hyperbole aside, I pointed out that I didn’t really care about their opinion because I knew that I’ve admitted to my students when I didn’t know the answer to some of their questions. They took it as me showing a weakness that I was unqualified; I felt I was being humble and honest.This past season of Better Call Saul, inconspicuous drug kingpin and chicken tender aficionado Gus Fring desired to build an underground meth lab beneath a laundromat. Fring knew it was a difficult task, essentially building a basement without anyone nearby knowing about it, and thus brought in several engineers to determine its feasibility. The first engineer stated that the project wouldn’t be a problem, while the second engineer immediately recognized the difficulty of the operation and questioned if he could even complete the project. Ultimately, Fring declined the first engineer yet hired the second. I tell these anecdotes and quotes because I feel we’re seeing a parallel within the Twins organization. The first instance is this 2017 Sports Illustrated profile of hitting coach James Rowson. In the article, it mentions how Rowson would work in the cage with Twins hitters before suggesting an odd mechanical change. The hitter would incorporate the change http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , causing Rowson to then suggest another, likely unrelated tip. Its purpose was that he’d spout BS until the hitters would question him, teaching them that they shouldn’t blindly trust every suggestion that he’d make. Specifically, Rowson commented, “...if I ask you to do something and I can’t tell you why, you shouldn’t (sic) it.” Fast forward to now with the hiring of new manager Rocco Baldelli. One of the traits that caught the collective eye of Derek Falvey and Thad Levine was, as Levine put it, “(He) was most comfortable telling us what he didn’t know.” Baldelli even demonstrated this during his first press conference as Twins manager while talking about getting Byron Buxton and Miguel Sano back on track. After fielding a question on how to fix the two young hitters, Baldelli responded by saying that he didn’t have any solutions at the moment but would figure it out after speaking with Sano and Buxton individually. While I can’t speak for any others in the Twins organization or on the coaching staff, I still think I can make a safe assumption that Falvey and Levine aren’t only looking to get the team a leg up with analytics but also wants to create a culture where decisions are made with the evidence to back it up. Sports have lacked progressivism due to being entrenched in old mantras while never questioning their validity, and I feel the team is looking for an environment where curiosity reigns supreme. Not everyone accepts the humility in admitting they lack the answers, but it appears the Twins want to build trust that it’s okay to face the unknown. The Cubs need Yu http://www.dodgersfanproshop.com/authentic-max-muncy-jersey , Grandpa’s birthday, and other bullets"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Chicago Cubs recapsChicago Cubs minor leaguesChicago Cubs essaysChicago Cubs game threadsWrigley Field renovationsFull archiveLibrary Bleed Cubbie Blue Community GuidelinesCurrent time in ChicagoBCB Specials & Site InfoWinter 2019 music threadsCubs StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Cubs newsYahoo Cubs team pageYahoo Cubs reportYahoo Cubs depth chartYahoo Cubs transactionsYahoo Cubs photosOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁旵ub TracksCub Tracks’ working titleNew,41commentsThe Cubs need Yu, Grandpa’s birthday, and other bulletsCDTShareTweetShareShareCub Tracks’ working titleGrandpaKim Klement-USA TODAY SportsHere’s today’s Cubs News and Notes. As always * means autoplay on, or annoying ads, or both (directions to remove for Firefox and Chrome).Duncan Wallis (msabr.com): 2019 Season Preview: Chicago Cubs. “An uncharacteristically quiet offseason resulted in a lot of upset fans, but maybe a more motivated team than ever.”Patrick Mooney (The Athletic {$}): How Tommy Hottovy is making a seamless transition as the new Cubs pitching coach. “... Hottovy also might have been the only person uniquely qualified for this job.”Mark Gonzales (Chicago Tribune* {$}): ‘We want to carry the innings load’: Cubs starters vow to relieve brittle bullpen. “It could definitely help,” Kyle Hendricks said. Bruce Miles (Daily Herald {$}): Around the Horn: Cubs need Yu Darvish to return to form. “What Kris Bryant is to the Chicago Cubs offense, Darvish is to their starting-pitching staff.”Mark Gonzales (Chicago Tribune* {$}): Cubs reliever Brandon Morrow ‘in a good place’ after throwing his 1st bullpen session. “He threw only 20 pitches but did so with ease and a zip on his fastball ...”Jordan Bastian (MLB.com*): Anthony Iapoce: Today’s hitters need to be ‘hybrid hitter’. ‘You can’t just be one-sided or you’re going to miss stuff,’ Iapoce said.Patrick Mooney (The Athletic {$}): With spring training ending, where are the Cubs at with Addison Russell? “This has always been very conditional Kenta Maeda Jersey ,” general manager Jed Hoyer said Sunday. Brett Taylor also has thoughts.Madeleine Kenney (Chicago Sun-Times* {$}): Cristhian Adames impresses Cubs manager Joe Maddon: ‘He’s had a hell of a spring’. “The fact he plays multiple defensive positions, he’s a switch hitter, he’s been a really good baserunner this camp, too,” Maddon said.Todd Johnson (Cubs Insider): Beyond obvious blue chips, these Cubs prospects are worth your investment. “If Nico Hoerner was a stock, investors would be bullish on his outlook. “Cubs Birthdays: Richie Ashburn (HoF), Paul Smith, Garry Jestadt, David Ross.Food for thought:Thanks for reading.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz