Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 45 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

09.08.2019 05:26
TORONTO -- Canadian rugby coach Kieran Crowley will be able to rely on some veteran help next month at the IRB Americas Rugby Ch Antworten

TORONTO -- Canadian rugby coach Kieran Crowley will be able to rely on some veteran help next month at the IRB Americas Rugby Championship in Langford, B. Man Utd Home Kit 19/20 .C. The Oct. 11-19 tournament features sides from Canada, Argentina, the U.S. and Uruguay. Sanctioned by the IRB, its goal is to develop domestic-based players in the Americas. Canada was runner-up at last years ARC, defeating Uruguay 28-10 and the U.S. 23-3 before losing to unbeaten Argentina 28-9. While Crowley has selected some young players, he has also named such veterans as Ray Barkwill, Nick Blevins, Adam Kleeberger, Jamie Mackenzie, Mike Scholz, Andrew Tiedemann, Conor Trainor, Sean White and Doug Wooldridge. Uruguay, ranked 32st in the world, will be bringing its full national team this year, according to Crowley, with an eye to preparing for its World Cup qualification showdown next year with the 18th-ranked U.S. Eagles. Like Canada, the U.S., will be using a domestic side at the ARC although Crowley says it looks stronger than the one the Americans fielded last year. Argentina, ranked 10th in the world, will be bringing a developmental side with its top players currently involved in the ongoing Rugby Championship tournament. The Eagles Select XV includes capped players Shawn Pittman, Phil Tiel, Nick Wallace, Toby LEstrange and Tito Lamositele. The Canadian rugby schedule this fall also includes the Gold Coast Sevens in Australia Oct. 12-13 while the 15-man national team hosts the New Zealand Maori in Toronto on Nov. 3 before heading to Europe for tests in Georgia, Romania and Portugal. The Maori game in Toronto falls outside the IRBs international window so Crowley will not be able to summon all his overseas pros. But he hopes to have most back for the November tour. "Were still dealing with a couple (of clubs), trying to get players released," he said. The sevens circuit continues Nov. 29-30 in Dubai and Dec. 7-8 in South Africa. Crowley is dangling an ARC carrot for his 15-man squad. "Theres still probably a couple of positions open for the November tour which these guys get a chance to put up their hands for," he said. Depth is needed at prop and loose forward among other positions, he added. The Canadian ARC squad was picked after Crowley and his staff carefully watched this summers Canadian Rugby Championship. It features eight members of the B.C. Bears and seven from the champion Ontario Blues, five from the Prairie Wolf Pack and three from The Rock. Young talent includes Jake Illnicki and Irish-born fullback Jack Fitzpatrick, who played for Canada in the Junior World Rugby Trophy. "The younger guys get a chance now to play at a higher level and see what its like," said Crowley. "Its a stepping stone for them." Not available for selection due to injury are Tom Dolezel, Jake Webster, and Sean Duke. Ontario Blues fly-half Liam Underwood is unavailable due to university commitments. --- Canada roster for IRB Americas Rugby Championship Kyle Baille, Castaway Wanderers, Charlottetown; Ray Barkwill, Niagara Wasps, Niagara Falls, Ont.; Nick Blevins, Calgary Hornets, Calgary; Alistair Clark, Baystreet RFC, Oakville, Ont.; Zac Coughlan, Swilers RFC, St. Johns, N.L.; Joe Dolesau, Burnaby Lake RC, Burnaby, B.C.; Jack Fitzpatrick, Dublin University Football Club, Dublin; Aaron Flagg, Abbotsford RFC, Abbotsford, B.C.; Kyle Gilmour, St. Albert Rugby Club, Edmonton; Micha Gorvorchin, Burnaby Lake RC, New Westminster, B.C.; Matt Heaton, SABRFC, Godmanchester, Que.; Jake Illnicki, Williams Lake Rustlers, Williams Lake, B.C.; Adam Kleeberger, Castaway Wanderers, White Rock, B.C.; Jamie Mackenzie, UVic Vikes, Oakville, Ont.; Duncan Maguire, St. Albert Rugby Club, St. Albert, Alta.; Ryan March, Abbotsford RFC, Abbotsford, B.C.; Adam McQueen, Calgary Hornets, Canmore, Alta.; Henry (Hank) McQueen, Balmy Beach, West Vancouver; Callum Morrison, UBCOC Ravens, Victoria; Mike Scholz, Castaway Wanderers, London, Ont.; Andrew Tiedemann, Castaway Wanderers, St. Albert, Alta.; Conor Trainor, UBCOB Ravens, Vancouver; Sean White, James Bay AA, Victoria; Jordan Wilson-Ross, James Bay AA, Alliston, Ont.; Doug Wooldridge, Lindsay RFC, Lindsay, Ont. Head Coach: Kieran Crowley Assistant Coach: Chris Silverthorn Scrum Coach: Mike Shelley Manager: Mark Winokur Performance Analyst: Calum Ramsay Strength and Conditioning Coach: Andy Evans 2013 IRB Americas Rugby Championship Schedule (all times ET) Oct. 11 U.S. vs. Argentina, 9 p.m. Canada vs. Uruguay, 11 p.m. Oct. 15 Argentina vs. Uruguay, 9 p.m. U.S. vs. Canada, 11 p.m. Oct. 19 Uruguay vs. U.S., 6 p.m. Argentina vs. Canada, 8 p.m. Antonio Valencia Shirt Sales . They probably ruined Tim Duncans hopes of a career change, though. Duncan wants to be a point guard, coach Gregg Popovich revealed Saturday, a wish that wont be granted. Marcus Rashford Shirt Sales .Tzavelas opened the scoring in the 11th and Pereyra added another in the 51st. Emmanuel Kone pulled one back in the 80th and Levadiakos missed several chances to level in the last 10 minutes. http://www.ukmanutdjersey.com/romelu-lukaku-jersey-man-utd.html .Y. -- First, Ryan Miller.CALGARY -- When the buzzword "opportunity" is thrown around at an NHL training camp, it usually applies to rookies trying to crack the big teams roster. But for the Calgary Flames it also applies to a guy like six-year NHL veteran TJ Galiardi, who is looking to take his career to another level at a new position. The Calgary native was converted from wing to centre just a week ago when camp opened, and he has settled into his new responsibilities quite nicely. He had a goal and an assist and was the best player on the ice Tuesday as a Flames split squad scored four times in the second period on its way to a 5-3 victory over a New York Islanders split squad in NHL pre-season action. "I played centre growing up, I played centre in college, in the WHL and in my first year in the NHL when (current flames assistant) Jacques Cloutier was my assistant coach," said Galiardi, who centred Lee Stempniak and Curtis Glencross. "I think he was the one that suggested it to (Flames coach) Bob (Hartley) when they traded for me." Despite having played the wing the last four years, including the last year and a half spent with San Jose, Cloutier knew Galiardi could perform well as a centre. "I felt he could help us in the middle and its the perfect time of the year to try him because you need repetition," said Cloutier, who ran the bench with Hartley in Regina with the other half of the Flames split squad. "He needs to play down low and needs some forechecking and I think tonight was probably his best game. He was moving well and hopefully he can keep it up and we can keep him in the middle." Galiardis work included a strong play along the boards to help set up the first of two goals for Dennis Wideman, a couple other nifty set-ups including one to Tim Jackman and a nice toe drag move that he almost turned into a beautiful goal. On his goal, which made it 4-1 late in the second, he patiently waited for Islanders goalie Anders Nilsson to commit then stepped around him and rifled a shot under the crossbar. He hasnt hit the 10-goal mark since scoring 15 in 2009-10. But its something hes been workiing at as he knows hes capable or producing more and the Flames, who are very thin at centre ice are going to need it. Man Utd Shirt Sale. "Thats something I wanted to work on for sure. The last couple years, I feel like I could have had 10 more goals each year if I just beared down a little," said Galiardi, who was acquired from the Sharks for a fourth round draft pick. "There was even that chance early in the game that I probably should have scored. Those are things you learn from watching guys that are very consistent scorers." Thats players like Joe Thornton, who he ended up on a line with during last years playoffs. "If you look at the way he finished last year and played in the playoffs on the big line with Thornton and (Brent) Burns, he played some pretty important minutes and I think that maybe helped him recapture a little bit of his confidence. Now hes got a little bit of a different role. Especially playing in the middle. Its a big difference," Cloutier said. So far, so good for the 25-year-old. "I think thats part of the reason why they brought me in here. They saw that I could step up offensively but you have to prove it, right, or else its not going to happen," Galiardi said. "Ive been getting a lot of great opportunities, the coaching staff has been great to me and I want to take advantage of it." Also scoring for Calgary was Lance Bouma and Glencross into an open net. The Islanders got goals from Michael Grabner, Griffin Reinhart and Riley Wetmore. "It was exciting. My Moms family grew up here, My Dad (Paul) played here, Max is with the Flames franchise now so it was a cool opportunity to get into my first game here," said Reinhart, the Islanders fourth overall pick in 2012. Notes: Galiardi went 11-11 in 22 faceoffs ... Clutterbuck left the game early in the third period favouring his leg. He was shaken up after delivering a heavy hit on Paul Byron ... Joey MacDonald went the distance in net for Calgary, finishing with 18 saves ... Kevin Poulin finished with 14 saves on 16 shots while Anders Nilsson turned aside 11 of the 13 shots he faced. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz