Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

10.08.2019 05:54
Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your em Antworten

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Georges-Kevin NKoudou Hotspur Jersey .ca. Hi Kerry, In the Boston-Buffalo game on Wednesday night in the second period, Sabres defenceman Tyler Myers slashes Bruins forward Brad Marchand and then punches him in the head! How and why does Marchand get the penalty, with no call on Myers? He then scores a go-ahead goal! My question would be - does a supervising official between periods give the refs the talking down a player would get from his coach? This call could cost a team two points on very questionable officiating! Thanks,Ken MacAskill Ken: Both you and broadcast analyst Joe Micheletti made the correct call on this play. At the very least the Bruins and Sabres should have been playing four men aside as a result of the altercation between Tyler Myers and Brad Marchand. In a perfect world, Myers deserved an extra minor penalty as the aggressor in this incident following his slash and punch at Marchand. You asked how and why, only Brad Marchand received the penalty on this play. The trailing referee is responsible for all players behind the Sabres blue line. As the Sabres went on the attack from their end zone, Marchand cut across the ice toward his bench for a line change and in doing so skated directly in front of Myers. The altercation began when Marchand dropped his hip toward Myers who responded with a cross-check shove, a slash by each player and then the Myers punch. At this point play was stopped to assess a penalty. The camera picked up the trailing referee with his arm raised and approaching the two players on an angle back from the neutral zone toward Tyler Myers and Brad Marchand. From the referees angle of return it is apparent to me that he had vacated the Sabres end zone prior to players clearing that zone and failed to recognize and observe the hot spot between Marchand and Myers. I dont believe the ref saw the start of the altercation but picked it up when Brad Marchand jammed his stick into Myers midsection. He therefore deemed Marchand to be the instigator of the scrum. The easy call should have been to penalize both players for their actions. Unfortunately that didnt take place and resulted in a Tyler Myers power-play goal. Officiating managers (supervisors) very seldom enter the officials room between periods unless something extremely serious has gone afoul. Instead, the manager will review his observations and game report with the officials at the conclusion of the game. In certain cases, depending upon travel schedules or a perceived need, a follow-up telephone call or even breakfast meeting might take place with an official. Typically though any instruction/coaching will take place in the officials dressing room after the game. There was a time when supervisors entered the room between periods but team management objected to this practice when they felt the officials approach to the game changed to drastically following between period instructions. I dont agree with this practice in principle, but whenever the conversation does take place the supervisors proper approach and coaching techniques are vital in advancing the officials learning curve. When I observe a Division I College game for my former colleague and referee-in-chief of the ECAC Paul Stewart, I always visit the officials room between periods; if for no other reason but to be supportive and available should they have any questions. My approach is always to be positive and point out the good things they did but also to make them aware of any potential hot spots that might develop in addition to any positioning issues I feel the need to address. The game can certainly look different from the press box or the television monitor than it does at ice level. In a flash from the past, when I first signed a contract with the NHL there was a different and much more aggressive approach taken by the supervisors of that day which could be very intimidating for an official; especially a young one. Team general managers were not fined for approaching the officials room and shouting matches often took place in the hall outside the refs room. Supervisors were subjected to angry rants from team personnel in the press box which could result in a between period visit to the officials room by a supervisor. I can tell you there were trash cans kicked around the officials room and rolled up programs thrown at the wall in some of these "coaching" sessions. As you can imagine they werent very productive from a teaching perspective but could have a profound effect on how the next period was officiated! In todays fast paced game the two referee two linesman system is mandatory. An influx of younger officials has been hired to the staff when the veterans retire. Enhanced coaching and mentoring techniques are required to quicken the learning curve that takes place in addition to holding all the officials accountable to the expected standard. This is a work in progress. Fernando Llorente Jersey . Louis Blues and Buffalo Sabres came to an agreement on a big trade that may only offer incremental improvement to the Blues in their quest for a Stanley Cup. Harry Winks Hotspur Jersey .Gasol had 16 points and 13 rebounds, and the Bulls beat the winless Orlando Magic 98-90 on Tuesday night.Jimmy Butler led the Bulls with 21 points and Taj Gibson added 16 for Chicago, which finally pulled away in the final minutes of a game that was tied after three quarters. http://www.footballhotspurstore.com/Women-Ben-Davies-Tottenham-Hotspur-Jersey/ . The Raptors have to get through the pesky New York Knicks Wednesday at Madison Square Garden and can lock up the third spot in the Eastern Conference with a win or a Chicago loss in Charlotte. MIAMI -- Zack Wheeler and the New York Mets got the best of Andrew Heaney during the Marlins prospects major league debut. Wheeler tossed his first shutout and made David Wrights first-inning home run hold up in the Mets 1-0 victory over Miami on Thursday night. "He showed you exactly what weve been talking about all along -- plus stuff. Tremendous, great effort," Mets manager Terry Collins said of Wheeler. "He went after them. It was his night." Wheeler (3-7) outdueled Heaney in the longest outing of the Mets starters career. "It feels great, I know I can do it every time out," Wheeler said. "I know I have the stuff. It finally feels good to go out there and do it and be efficient with my pitches and get ahead of guys." New York, which won at St. Louis on Wednesday, has consecutive victories for the first time since a three-game streak from May 31-June 2. The Mets had dropped eight straight on the road before Wednesday. Wheeler, the No. 6 pick in the 2009 draft, struck out eight. He allowed three hits and one walk, and 70 of his 111 pitches were strikes. He pitched to only one batter over the minimum and was helped by three double plays. "Anytime somebody gets on, whether it be a walk or hit, you just try to make a pitch and get a double play. I was able to do that," Wheeler said. The 24-year old right-hander lowered his ERA to 0.96 in four starts against the Marlins. "He didnt miss over the plate much," Marlins catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia said. "He was really good with locating his pitches off the plate. He threw a lot of fastballs, like we expected, but he didnt leave anything over the plate. "Youve got to tip your cap to a guy who pitched a great game." Heaney (0-1) gave up four hits in six innings, allowing only Wrights home run. The 23-year old lefty, the ninth pick in the 2012 draft, struck out three and walked one. "He did a nice job, gave us a chance and kept us in the game," Marlins manager Mike Redmond said. "He gave up one pitch to a really good hitter for a home run and that was it. He executed his pitches, got hiis pitch count up high early, but then settled in. Eric Dier Hotspur Jersey. "All in all it was a good start for him." It was a battle between two young starters that could see a lot of each other in coming years in the NL East. "Thats what the game is coming to," Collins said. "The game is changing where those big power arms are coming up in every organization, and theyre all young." Heaney allowed an infield hit to Eric Young, Jr. to begin the game, but got Daniel Murphy to bounce into a double play. Wright then hit his sixth homer of the season off the sculpture in deep left-centre field. No one else got into scoring position against Heaney. "I had no expectations, to be honest," Heaney said. "I just wanted to pitch well. I felt early on I didnt know how it was going to go. It was kind of on the edge with every guy. From that fourth inning on I got into a rhythm." Bryan Morris relieved Heaney in the seventh and faced a bases loaded situation, but he got Wheeler to ground out and end the threat. Wheeler, who made his much-anticipated debut a year and a day before Heaney, complimented his mound opponent. "I sat on the bench in between innings and just watched him, knowing that I was there not too long ago and knowing how he felt," Wheeler said. "He has a good arm, and I think hes going to do well." Kevin Gregg pitched the ninth in his season debut with Miami. He earned 61 saves for the Marlins in 2007-08. Reed Johnson singled in the ninth off Wheeler with two outs, but Rafael Furcal lined out to centre to end the game. Wheeler threw a 95 mph fastball on his final pitch. "I still had plenty," Wheeler said. NOTES: Mets OF Kirk Nieuwenhuis was recalled from Triple-A Las Vegas, and OF Matt den Dekker was optioned to Las Vegas. ... Marlins slugger RF Giancarlo Stanton went 0 for 3 with two strikeouts after coming out of Wednesdays game because of a bruised left wrist. ... New York will send RHP Daisuke Matsuzaka (3-0, 2.81) to the mound on Friday against Miami RHP Henderson Alvarez (3-3, 2.56). ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz