Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 114 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

16.04.2018 10:46
This is them trying to Antworten

NEW YORK -- To Derek Jeter, it was just another day to get ready for spring training. Cliff Avril Jersey . On a minor league field at the New York Yankees complex in Florida, he took batting practice, fielded grounders and chatted with teammates. And then he drove away in his Mercedes, offering no hint that the countdown to his retirement had already begun. Hours later, Jeter alerted the sports world: This will be his final season. "I know it in my heart. The 2014 season will be my last year playing professional baseball," Jeter posted Wednesday in a long letter on his Facebook page. "I have gotten the very most out of my life playing baseball, and I have absolutely no regrets," the shortstop wrote. While it was no secret the team captain was getting close to the end of his brilliant career as he neared 40 -- especially after injuries wrecked him last season -- Jeters announcement caught many by surprise. In fact, some people wondered whether his account had been hacked. But it was quickly confirmed that one of the greatest players in the history of baseballs most storied franchise was serious. A 13-time All-Star shortstop who led the Yankees to five World Series championships, Jeter was the last link to the powerful Yankees teams that won three straight crowns from 1998-2000. Longtime teammates Mariano Rivera and Andy Pettitte retired after last year. "Derek Jeter is Mr. Yankee of his era," Yankees co-chairman Hank Steinbrenner told The Associated Press. "He was the face of one of the greatest teams ever." Jeter was limited to 17 games last season while trying to recover from a broken left ankle sustained during the 2012 playoffs. He hit only .190 with one homer and seven RBIs. "Last year was a tough one for me. As I suffered through a bunch of injuries, I realized that some of the things that always came easily to me and were always fun had started to become a struggle," Jeter wrote. "The one thing I always said to myself was that when baseball started to feel more like a job, it would be time to move forward." "So really it was months ago when I realized that this season would likely be my last. As I came to this conclusion and shared it with my friends and family, they all told me to hold off saying anything until I was absolutely 100 per cent sure," he wrote. "And the thing is, I could not be more sure," he wrote. His agent, Casey Close, said Jeter wanted to declare his intentions before the Yankees start spring training later this week so that his future status wouldnt be a distraction. The Yankees open camp for pitchers and catchers on Friday. Jeter has said hes healthy and ready to go -- at 39, his next birthday is in June. "Derek called me this morning to tell me that he planned to retire following the season," Yankees Managing General Partner Hal Steinbrenner said. Said Los Angeles Dodgers manager Don Mattingly, a former Jeter teammate: "Im excited for him. Its kind of nice to see him go out on his own terms." Jeter is the Yankees career hits leader with 3,316. Hes ninth on the all-time list; a 200-hit season would put him in fifth place. Jeter is a lifetime .312 hitter in 19 seasons, with 256 home runs and 1,261 RBIs. He has scored 1,876 runs, stolen 348 bases and is a five-time Gold Glove winner. Added up, his numbers put him among the greats in Yankees history, with fans often invoking the names of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio, Mickey Mantle when mentioning Jeters legacy. But No. 2 is defined by so much more than his numbers. His backhanded flip in the playoffs, his diving catch into the stands, his speech to close old Yankee Stadium and his home run for career hit No. 3,000. An October presence for so many years -- Jeter is a career .321 hitter in seven World Series -- he also became Mr. November in 2001. His winning, 10th-inning homer came shortly after midnight in a Game 4 that began on Halloween. Jeter was the AL Rookie of the Year in 1996, the season the Yankees won their first World Series since 1978 and re-established themselves as a major force. He was the MVP of the 2000 World Series. Commissioner Bud Selig said during his tenure, "Major League Baseball has had no finer ambassador than Derek Jeter." A staple for so long in the Yankees lineup, Jeter missed the first 91 games last year. He felt pain in his right quadriceps when he returned July 11 and again went on the disabled list. Jeter came back for three games but strained his right calf. In early September, he was done for the year. The Yankees will open the 2014 regular season on April 1 in Houston. Their final game is scheduled to be at Fenway Park, against the longtime rival Boston Red Sox. Rivera announced a year in advance that he would retire, and was saluted everywhere he played last season. Jeter is sure to get a similar farewell tour. "I wish everybody does it like that," Rivera told ESPN radio. "I think that would be the right thing for him to do." Jeter wrote that he wants to pursue business and other interests "in addition to focusing more on my personal life and starting a family of my own." "And I want the ability to move at my own pace, see the world and finally have a summer vacation," he said. "But before that, I want to soak in every moment of every day this year, so I can remember it for the rest of my life. And most importantly, I want to help the Yankees reach our goal of winning another championship," he said. Michael Wilhoite Jersey . Williams withdrawal came less than 24 hours after losing in the final Auckland WTA tournament final. "I dont believe she has an injury," Hobart tournament director Mark Handley said. Cortez Kennedy Jersey .com) - DAngelo Harrison posted 21 points to guide No. http://www.authenticseahawksstoreonline.com/Black-97-Patrick-Kerney-Womens-Jersey/ . The 6-foot-10 centre who won an NBA title with the Miami Heat was voted to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Monday, adding that honour to becoming a board member at his alma mater.David Prutton takes the reigns for this weekends Sky Bet EFL predictions, giving his thoughts on the biggest games across the three divisions. With Ian Holloway heading back to QPR, former midfielder Prutton takes his turn with ten games from the Sky Bet Championship, League One and League Two.Speaking about his former Sky Sports pundit, Prutton said: I am deeply honoured to step into the shoes of Ian Holloway after he left us behind to get back into the crazy world of football management. Heres how he sees ten of the weekends games going... Brighton v Aston Villa (Friday, Sky Sports 1, 7.45pm) Highlights from the Sky Bet Championship match between Bristol City and Brighton Im leaning towards Brighton because of how well they have done so far this season.I saw them against Bristol City just before the break and they were clinical - if not with a little bit of luck on their side - but also they were very composed. Villa have been on the up under Steve Bruce so far, but that could be brought to an end with a Brighton home win. PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-0 (Sky Bet odds 13/2) Brighton vs A Villa November 18, 2016, 7:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Ipswich v Nottingham Forest (Saturday, Sky Sports 1, 5.30pm) Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Sheffield Wednesday 1-2 Ipswich As much as it hurts to say, Nottingham Forest are on a dismal run of form at the moment with one win in 12 games.They are coming up against a team who have been middling, shall we say, but they had a good result against Sheffield Wednesday before the international break, which would put them ahead in my book. As much as my heart wants to say Forest, I cant see anything but an Ipswich win.PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-0 (Sky Bet odds 8/1) Ipswich vs N Forest November 19, 2016, 5:15pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Leeds v Newcastle (Sunday, Sky Sports 1, 1.15pm) Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Norwich and Leeds This is a score draw for me. If Newcastle had played this fixture six or seven weeks ago, it would have been a straight forward win, but theres a real doggedness and determination about Leeds at the moment and they have a nice bit of quality. If they play, I think both Chris Wood and Dwight Gayle can see it as a great opportunity to get on the scoresheet. PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-2 (Sky Bet odds 14/1) Leeds vs Newcastle November 20, 2016, 1:00pm Live on Get Sky Sports Get a Sky Sports pass Derby v Rotherham (Saturday, 3pm)Its looking pretty ominous for Rotherham. Hopefully that new manager bounce will come into effect sometime soon, but I cant see it happening at Derby. Highlights of Derbys 3-2 win over Wolves in the Sky Bet Championship They have been pretty solid since Steve McClaren came in - solid but spectacular - and for me, against a team that hasnt won any games in 12, its a home win.PRUTTON PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet odds 11/2)QPR v Norwich (Satuday, 3pm) Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Nottingham Forest and QPR Well, I have to lean towards our ex-colleague here! Hes already been at his most fully turned-up-to-11 Ian Holloway this week, hes been having a great time. Norwich havent been how we expected them to be this season and Alex Neil got plenty of defensive issues he needs to address. Ian Holloway says he wants to work with people who care about Queens Park Rangers after returning to the club as manager With Ollie being there and we know what he can do, hes very enthusiastic and Im sure hes going to get QPR pushing in the right direction, but I can see it being close. Frank Clark Jersey. . PRUTTON PREDICTS: 1-0 (Sky Bet odds 9/1)Birmingham v Bristol City (Saturday, 3pm) Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Huddersfield and Birmingham I saw Bristol City play just before the break, and I thought they showed a lot of effort and endeavour, and they dont lack in quality but they just have a little bit of naivety up against a solid Brighton team.Birmingham are unbeaten in six games at St Andrews. I think it is a challenging statistic against a very good team so I think it will be hard for Bristol City to get something. PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-0 (Sky Bet odds 10/1) LISTEN: EFL Weekly podcast Ian Holloway, Karl Darlow and Danny Higginbotham feature on this weeks EFL Weekly podcast. Fulham v Sheffield Wednesday (Saturday, 3pm)Fulham were so clinical against Huddersfield and they were very impressive across the board against Brentford. When you have been at certain clubs, you do vouch for them, but casting a critical eye over the fixtures, Im looking at a Fulham win. Highlights of Fulham’s 2-0 win away to rivals Brentford in the Sky Bet Championship They have been so impressive, not just on the pitch, but also with getting people back to Craven Cottage. Its a tough place to go and if they took their away form to the Cottage, then it is a Fulham team that should at least be in the top half, if not the top eight for me.PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-1 (Sky Bet odds 8/1)Cardiff v Huddersfield (Saturday, 3pm) Highlights of the Sky Bet Championship match between Newcastle and Cardiff I think this is going to be a draw. After a great initial start by Neil Warnock, he has lost the last two and Huddersfield are in that little pocket where they can be consistent with performances but inconsistent with results. This is them trying to balance things out a bit .I can see it being a solid enough away performance from Huddersfield and a solid point at home for Cardiff.PRUTTON PREDICTS: 1-1 (Sky Bet odds 9/2) Six months half price Upgrade to Sky Sports to watch Man Utd v Arsenal on Saturday and get the first six months half price Southend v Bradford (Saturday, 3pm) Highlights of the Sky Bet League One match between Bury and Southend. Again, this screams of a draw to me because they played each other not too long ago and that was a 1-1 draw.You look at recent league results and they both put four past Bury and Rochdale respectively. Highlights of the Sky Bet League One match between Bradford and Rochdale. Its two teams who are playing each other at the perfect time but I just cant see it being anything other than a draw with their previous game in their mind and both scoring four last time out. Theyll be confident going into it. PRUTTON PREDICTS: 2-2 (Sky Bet odds 14/1)Plymouth v Grimsby (Saturday, 3pm) Highlights of the Sky Bet League Two match between Crewe and Plymouth. I have to start by saying Grimsby have done wonders with how well they have adapted to being back in the English Football League, epitomised no better than by Omar Bogle who will get on the scoresheet in this game. But Im leaning towards a Plymouth team who look both rampant as well also consistent. PRUTTON PREDICTS: 3-1 (Sky Bet odds 14/1)Upgrade to Sky Sports now to watch Man Utd v Arsenal this Saturday and get the first six months half price! Also See: How good are Newcastle? Holloway feeling fresh at QPR Sky Live: Brighton v Aston Villa Sky Bet EFL: Fill in the blanks Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz