Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

26.08.2019 09:14
OTTAWA -- Paris Jackson says the way his time with his hometown B. [url=http://www.englandsoccerpro.com/Jordan-Henderson-England Antworten

OTTAWA -- Paris Jackson says the way his time with his hometown B. Jordan Henderson Jersey .C. Lions ended left him with a chip on his shoulder. Now, after 11 seasons in Vancouver, Jackson is heading east to rejuvenate his career. The 33-year-old wide receiver signed with the expansion Ottawa Redblacks in the off-season looking to prove hes still capable of making a valuable contribution both on and off the field. "Thats why I came here," Jackson said. "My family knew I wasnt too happy in Vancouver anymore, not having a role and not really knowing what was going on and just playing kind of spur of the moment and not getting many reps. "I needed a new spark in my career." Jackson was one of the Lions most consistent receivers. His best season was in 2008 when he caught 76 passes for 1,180 yards and eight touchdowns, and was named a CFL West All-Star. In 2009 Jackson moved to slotback, and recorded his second straight 1,000-yard season. In 2010 Jackson saw his receiving numbers decrease as he was hampered by injuries, and from that point on was relegated to a backup role with the Lions leading to frustration and disappointment. He used sparingly in his final three seasons in Vancouver before being released by the Lions. "I knew I still had a lot more athletic ability and a lot more plays to make before I retire," Jackson said. "I knew Ottawa was coming back in the league and I tried to be patient and not show all my cards, but at the end of the day I really wanted to come here because I knew I could help out a lot of young receivers." While his role with the Redblacks has yet to be determined, head coach Rick Campbell says hes been impressed with Jacksons work both on and off the field. "Hes in a competition to win a job and hes been doing a great job so far both on the field with his play and trying to be a leader trying to lead the way for some of the younger guys," said Campbell. "Hes looking good. Paris has been a good player in this league for a long time and I dont think hes done yet." Retribution can be a great motivating factor and its clear Jackson wants to prove hes still a playmaker. "I have a chip on my shoulder," Jackson said. "I wasnt beat out in Vancouver. They just gave someone my spot. Coming off an 800-yard season and two back-to-back seasons of 1,000 yards and they just gave a young guy my spot. Im old school and believe you should have to earn my spot." Jackson says the situation with the Lions didnt sit well with him, but he swallowed his pride, as he knew he was fortunate to still be playing in front of family and friends. But he still believed he could have an impact given the opportunity and thats exactly what he plans on doing in Ottawa. Quarterback Henry Burris believes Jackson has a lot to offer and even went as far as calling the receiver during the off-season and encouraging him to consider Ottawa as a destination. Burris sees no reason why Jackson cant excel and strongly believes the two can be a force for the Redblacks. "Ive already told him Im leaning on him this year," said Burris. "When you look at experience hes our leader on our receiving core. The guys a playmaker and I cant wait to get going with him because Ive seen his potential and the things that hes done in the past, killing us when I played for different teams going against BC. He just needed a chance to play and now hes getting that opportunity." Burris says hes spoken at great length with Jackson and sees a renewed passion. "Hes coming in full steam ahead," said Burris. "He plays with a level of passion you only see the greats play with. Hes chomping at the bit right now." Jackson appreciates having Burris in his corner. "When you have your quarterback on board and he knows where youre supposed to be and you know that the balls going to come it just makes things that much more exciting," Jackson said. While Jackson was determined to keep playing he says his two young children, a five-year-old daughter and three-year-old son, played a big factor in his decision to sign with Ottawa. "Theyve had opportunities to see me play, but I really want them to relish and understand how much I put forward in my career to try and solidify my family for the rest of their life," he said. "I also want them to have memories of me playing for the rest of their life and not just being on special teams." Kieran Trippier Jersey . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points. Harry Maguire England Jersey . Spieth again showed game well beyond his 20 years with a 9-under 63 on the North Course, giving him a one-shot lead over Stewart Cink going into the weekend at the Farmers Insurance Open. http://www.englandsoccerpro.com/Fabian-Delph-England-Jersey/ . It was the first game back in Columbus for Rangers star Rick Nash, the Blue Jackets franchise leader in goals, assists and games. He was given a standing ovation during a video tribute in the first period, but was booed loud and long after a second-period, two-handed shove up high on Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky.Melbourne, Australia (SportsNetwork.com) - The women will also have a new champion at the Australian Open. After three-time reigning mens titlist Novak Djokovic lost here on Tuesday, fifth-seeded Pole Agnieszka Radwanska took down two-time defending champion Victoria Azarenka 6-1, 5-7, 6-0 on Wednesday to set up a semifinal match with Dominika Cibulkova of Slovakia. "Im so happy and pleased, especially that I beat one of the best players in the world," Radwanska said. "Was not easy draw, not easy quarterfinal. Im very happy that I made my first semifinal here." The second-seeded Azarenkas 18-match winning streak in Melbourne came to a halt on Day 10. She was trying to become the first woman to win the singles title here in three consecutive years, or since Martina Hingis turned the trick from 1997-99. Radwanska, who ended a streak of three consecutive quarterfinal defeats at the Aussie Open, committed just 15 unforced errors compared to 47 for Azarenka. "She was aggressive. She was making everything. She was guessing right. I was just playing a little bit too predictive, you know," Azarenka said. Azarenka had been a dominant 12-3 lifetime against her fellow 24-year-old Radwanska, including a come-from-behind Aussie quarterfinal victory two years ago. Meannwhile, the 20th-seeded Cibulkova cruised past 11th-seeded Romanian Simona Halep 6-3, 6-0 in a match that lasted just 60 minutes to secure her spot in the final four. Jack Butland Jersey. The 24-year-old Cibulkova, who stunned No. 3 seed Maria Sharapova in the fourth round on Monday, is the first woman from Slovakia to reach the Aussie Open semis since Daniela Hantuchova in 2008. The diminutive Cibulkova improved to 2-3 in quarterfinal matches at Grand Slams, with her other win coming at the 2009 French Open. "That time I was 19 years old. I was pretty young. I would say also a different player. You know, I am much more experienced," Cibulkova said. Halep, who upended former world No. 1 Jelena Jankovic in the fourth round, appeared overwhelmed in her Grand Slam quarterfinal debut. "No, just I couldnt play today. I had emotions, big emotions, and I couldnt manage this," she said. "Before the match I was very nervous and I didnt feel the ball at all. I couldnt move my body and I couldnt play." Fourth-seeded Chinese star Li Na and 30th-seeded blossoming 19-year- old Canadian Eugenie Bouchard will meet in the other semifinal on Thursday. The former French Open champion Li is a two-time runner-up at Melbourne Park, including last year against Azarenka. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz