Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
chenyan94 Offline

Abban

11.09.2019 03:24
The search for talent at LG continues" Antworten

/>Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesHogs Haven homepageHorizontal - WhiteHogs Havena Washington Redskins communityFollow Hogs Haven online:Follow Hogs Haven on TwitterFollow Hogs Haven on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchHogs Haven main menuFanpostsFanshotsSectionsRedskinsMastheadOddsShopCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Looks Like Someone Has A Sixpack Of The MondaysDaily SlopRedskins RecapsNebraska that may become a valuable asset with some polishingNew Mason Foster Jersey ,14commentsThe search for talent at LG continuesEDTJames FitzGeraldShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:2019 UDFA Jerald Foster is a 6-3, 310 lb guard from Nebraska that may become a valuable asset with some polishingTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailPhoto by Frederick Breedon/Getty ImagesWhen I Googled for information about Offensive Left Guard Jerald Foster, I predictably got few returns.After all, journalists don’t write much about offensive linemen unless they are among the most dominant in the country, and Jerald Foster is not in that class of player.<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="r3WFUQ">Click this link to access all 2018 and 2019 Undrafted Free Agent profiles on Hogs Haven<hr class="p-entry-hr" id="6Na6Ln">He was interviewed briefly following his pro-day at Nebraska.I don’t get the sense from that brief excerpt that Foster has the alpha dog mentality that one associates with dominant NFL linemen.That said, he did start 12 games at left guard for the Nebraska Cornhuskers last season, so he’s got some skills.To find out just how strong those skills are, I turned to film analyst, James Fitzgerald.James FitzGerald (@GMDfitz7765) is a former college player, high school coach, and an avid college football fan who has spent hours in the film room watching opponents and his own teams. His analytical skill adds depth to these profiles that I can’t supply on my own.Let’s see what he has to say.Fitz’s film reviewFilm Watched: Nebraska v. Wisconsin and MinnesotaThe most important positive thing to know about Jerald Foster is that he is a strong technician.His pass pro technique is top notch. He keeps his weight back and has a strong strike and gets into pass pro quickly. He moves his feet rapidly when preforming a down block.He also pulls and gets to his block quickly.Foster plays strong on the field. I would be interested in finding out how much he squats cause he seems like a strong player. While Foster is a strong technician, his weakness is his lack of athleticism.Foster is slow getting downfield. In fact, he struggles running down field and getting an extra block to help the running back, which is a definite negative when it comes to playing in the Redskins offense, which requires a lot of movement from the guards.He struggles blocking on the second level as well. When he move past the defensive line to the linebackers he struggles to make a block. He looks to be too slow to block a linebacker at the college level. This is troubling because the NFL linebackers are faster.I’d go so far as to say that Foster looks out of shape. Often on the field he seemed gassed and finished the plays walking — giving up on plays because he looked too tired. He struggles to find and block the blitz in pass protection. This issue is tough to pin on just him. Pass protection is the combined job of the offensive line and QB; they need to read the blitz pre snap, and if it isn’t identified then it becomes a danger. However, even when identified Foster struggled to block the more athletic linebackers. How would he fit with the Redskins? I’m rather torn on my opinion about Foster. On one hand I see a strong technician, but on the other I see a poor athlete. The Redskins need depth at offensive line, but they need quality depth, and they drafted two players in Martin and Pierschbacher who will go a long way toward filling out the depth chart. There’s really no chance that Jordan Foster cracks the 53-man roster in 2019.I am also not sure I would give up a practice squad spot for him, but he’s the type of player who has been well-coached Jamison Crowder Jersey , so a year or two of NFL conditioning with Chad Englehart and training with Bill Callahan might be just what’s needed to turn this 23-year-old into an NFL player. I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and say he makes the practice squad, giving him the chance to develop. He has the technique, but the athleticism needs to develop before he can be put onto an NFL active roster. Dwayne Haskins is battling Case Keenum for the starting quarterback job in Washington. The 15th overall choice, though, isn’t concerning himself with that.“I don’t really worry about starting Week One,” Haskins said, via Peter Hailey of NBCSportsWashington.com. “I just want to be ready to play Week One, whether that’s this year or next year or whenever my time comes for me to play. I just want to make sure that when I do play, I don’t want to look back.”Keenum is new to the offense, having arrived via an offseason trade from Denver. Colt McCoy spent the offseason rehabbing after three surgeries on the ankle he broke last season.Washington drafted Haskins as their franchise quarterback. He won’t sit the bench long, if at all, but he has work to do to beat out Keenum and McCoy in training camp.Coach Jay Gruden likes where Haskins is after the offseason program, but the next six weeks could determine whether Haskins starts the season opener.Haskins’ vacation plans include studying and training, trying to “find that 1 percent [improvement] every day.”“When I know what I’m doing, I feel like I’m pretty good,” Haskins said. “Then, there are times where I got to freelance, where I don’t know. Just the biggest thing is trying to learn and add to the foundation every day. Once I figure out the plays, I feel like the sky’s the limit for me.”

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz