Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 55 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
chenyan94 Offline

Abban

11.09.2019 04:54
ENGLEWOOD Antworten

Adam Gotsis Jersey , Colo. (AP) — On a cool night in Santa Clara, California, on Feb. 7, 2016, John Elway thrust the Lombardi Trophy into the air and hollered, “This one’s for Pat!”It came 18 years after Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen had declared, “This one’s for John!” following the franchise’s first Super Bowl championship, a 31-24 win over Green Bay in San Diego after Elway helicoptered his way into NFL immortality in his fourth shot at a title.Elway called it the greatest moment of his Hall of Fame career, and he was determined to return the favor after rejoining his beloved Broncos as Bowlen’s general manager and vice president of football operations in 2011.He finally got the chance when the Broncos beat the Carolina Panthers 24-10 in Super Bowl 50, 18 months after Alzheimer’s forced Bowlen to step down from his daily duties running the team.“I’m just glad I had the opportunity,” Elway told The Associated Press in the locker room that night. “I didn’t want to think about it too much because I didn’t want to jinx anything. But I was waiting for the day that I was able to do that.”Bowlen, who transformed the team from also-rans into NFL champions and helped the league usher in billion-dollar television deals, died late Thursday, just under two months before his enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. He was 75.In a statement posted on the Broncos’ website, Bowlen’s family said he died at home surrounded by loved ones. They did not specify a cause of death. Bowlen had Alzheimer’s for several years.Bowlen was the first owner in NFL history to oversee a team that won 300 games — including playoffs — in three decades. He had as many Super Bowl appearances (seven) as losing seasons, and Denver is 354-240-1 since he bought the club in 1984.Under his stewardship, the Broncos won Super Bowls in 1998, ’99 and 2016.Super Bowl 50 was the Broncos’ eighth trip to the big game, the seventh under Bowlen’s watch.Bowlen’s wife, Annabel, who recently announced that she, too, has Alzheimer’s, and their children were on hand to accept the Lombardi Trophy on his behalf in Santa Clara.Elway delivered the third Lombardi Trophy to Bowlen’s home back in Denver, and more than a million fans packed downtown for a victory parade 17 years after Elway capped his remarkable playing career by leading the Broncos to back-to-back titles.“His soul will live on through the Broncos, the city of Denver and all of our fans,” Bowlen’s family said in its statement. “Heaven got a little bit more orange and blue tonight.”Bowlen was born in Prairie du Chien, Wisconsin, on Feb. 18, 1944. He earned business and law degrees at Oklahoma University before working in his father’s oil and gas company and embarking on a successful real estate business in Canada.He and his family purchased the Broncos in two transactions in 1984 and ’85 for $71 million. The franchise is now valued at $2.6 billion, according to the latest Forbes rankings.During 35 seasons with him as owner, Bowlen’s teams compiled a .596 winning percentage — tied for second-best in the NFL during that span. Among professional franchises in the four major North American sports, only the San Antonio Spurs, New England Patriots and Los Angeles Lakers were better, according to the Broncos.Bowlen relished working behind the scenes and shied away from the spotlight. In the words of former coach Mike Shanahan, “Pat just wanted to be one of the guys.”“That’s why I think he was so beloved by so many people, including myself,” Shanahan said. “And you also knew that he would give anything to make your football team better or at least get a chance at the Super Bowl. At that time you would say every ounce that he had — I should say every penny he had — he wanted to go into giving the football team a Super Bowl. That was his No. 1 priority. That was it. It was not trying to buy different companies and trying to make more money. His goal was winning a Super Bowl.”Bowlen served as a sounding board for NFL commissioners Pete Rozelle, Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell. He was crucial to the league’s growth as a member of 15 NFL committees, including co-chairing the NFL Management Council and working on network TV contracts such as the league’s ground-breaking $18 billion deal in 1998.“Pat personified all that’s right about the NFL and is extremely deserving of this summer’s recognition as a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame,” Goodell said.Hall President & CEO David Baker said: “Pat’s leadership helped shaped the NFL into what it is today. He also transformed the Denver Broncos into one of the finest franchises in the league and gave a winning identity to an entire region. He was a man who lived life with passion, conviction and demonstrated the highest level of integrity at all times.”Bowlen had a deep appreciation for his players , whether or not they were stars, and it’s not unusual to see ex-Broncos watching practice.“When I retired, Mr. B. told me I was welcome anytime at team headquarters,” said Hall of Fame tight end Shannon Sharpe. “He said I didn’t need a pass, either: ‘Your face is your credential.'”Ownership of the franchise is held in a trust Bowlen set up more than a decade ago in hopes one of his seven children will one day run the team. Until then, Broncos President and CEO Joe Ellis, one of three trustees, is doing so in a “What would Pat do?” sort of way.Although daughter Brittany is hoping to one day take over the team, the succession plan and the trustees’ oversight of Bowlen’s estate has been challenged in state district court in the last year by some members of the Bowlen family.Those who worked for Bowlen remember a man who put production ahead of profits; trained tirelessly for triathlons; fostered a winning atmosphere from the lobby to the locker room; and was always quick with a compliment and sure to couch his criticism.Bowlen flashed his competitive streak whether on the road conducting league business, on the sideline watching his team or on the StairMaster drenched in sweat.It was evident in his dislike for Peyton Manning when the quarterback played for Indianapolis before joining the Broncos in 2012.“I get it Gary Zimmerman Jersey , and I respect that,” Manning said, adding that Bowlen flew back to Denver from his offseason home in Hawaii to welcome him when he signed with the Broncos, and they were friends afterward.Bowlen is survived by his wife, Annabel, and seven children: Amie, Beth, Patrick, Johnny, Brittany, Annabel and Christianna.The Broncos and Bowlen’s family will host a public tribute Tuesday at Broncos Stadium at Mile High and a private funeral will be held June 24 in Denver. These are the three big things I’m looking for during the Denver Broncos home preseason game against the San Francisco 49ers." Denver Broncos Preseason3 things to watch during the Broncos-49ers preseason gameNew,161commentsThese are the three big things I’m looking for during the Denver Broncos home preseason game against the San Francisco 49ers. MDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:3 things to watch during the Broncos-49ers preseason gameTwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailA little over a week ago, Coach Vic Fangio has said that outside of 40 or so locked in guys, the other roster spots are up for grabs. We’ve reached that point in the preseason where a little clarity has come to some position battles. I wrote about how the Broncos’ stocks are trending last week and while there’s still enough time to halt the ax, this game is huge for the future of guys on the back end of the roster.If you read my questions prior to the Broncos game with the Falcons or Seahawks, you’ll know that some questions remain.You may notice for this week’s projection how I reordered the position battles. This is where I expect players currently stand based on snaps, tape, and reports out of camp. Guys marked yellow are players who’ve intrigue me going into this game, while red guys are players I’d bet are headed towards the practice squad or the street.Where things stand as of August, 18th. These are the three things I’m really keyed in on tonight:1. Can a backup lineman (or two) earn Munchak’s trust?I’ve probably watched the first two preseason games more than any sane person would recommend. One of the biggest concerns I have coming out of game two with the Seahawks is porous second and third lines. Before you panic, this is pretty standard across the NFL. If you’ve read my work for long, you know I’m an ardent believer in Bill Parcell’s planet theory, the idea that there’s simply a short supply of big people who are also athletic enough to thrive in the NFL. It’s why guys like Chris Lindstrom go in the top half of the 2019 NFL Draft despite playing guard: he’s an incredible athlete.What’s most concerning about the Broncos’ shaky depth along the offensive line is when you add in the starting right side’s troubling injury history. Ronald Leary’s health concerns are long past well documented at this point, but Ja’Wuan James has played in 62 of a possible 80 career games and started every game just once since his rookie year in 2014.It wouldn’t surprise me if Elijah Wilkinson’s currently seen as the primary backup behind four of the five spots. Down the 2018 stretch, he started 7 games for the Broncos at right guard and has worked at both tackle spots under Munchak.Behind him, Don Barclay looks like the primary depth inside after playing in place of Ron Leary for the majority of camp. Since coming into the league as an undrafted free agent in 2012, Barclay has worn Packers, Lions, and Saints uniforms in addition to his current orange and blue. So far this preseason he’s had a couple promising moments which have helped to keep most in the media at bay. 15 things I think I think after the Denver Broncos Hall of Fame game - Mile High ReportMake no mistake, his position as OL7 is a bit of an indictment for the younger competition for spots. It would be huge if any of them can show out in week 3.2. Can any of the linebackers push Alexander Johnson?The 27-year old second year pro has quietly been one of the best stories of camp so far. With Todd Davis, Josey Jewell, and Joe Jones all going through various ailments Johnson has locked down a roster spot and impressed with his play on defense.Watching him play, Johnson reminds me of both Davis and Jewell in that he’s more adequate than solid in space, but brings it against the run. Fangio’s scheme and the superstar duo of Bradley Chubb and Von Miller should work to hide the stack linebacker’s athletic limitations in 2019, but I’m curious if any of the younger guys can push Johnson.Justin Hollins looks most likely to. The 2019 5th-round pick has been working at both edge and stack linebacker and shows a ton of promise. Here’s hoping he can get to where Fangio uses him in sub packages. He offers an enticing blend of athleticism, length, and comfort in space to potentially thrive as a chess piece in nickel personnel.However, as exciting as he’s been, it’s important to remember he’s a rookie learning two positions, as Fangio said last Friday:3. Can the young Quarterbacks make a jump?After the first preseason game, there was a bit of pessimism in the air about Drew Lock mixed with his ardent believers arguing it was just one game. After the second preseason game, there was a lot of optimism in the air about Drew Lock with the realists arguing it was just one game.You probably see where I’m going with this. I’ve made a point to study Lock’s first two games so far this preseason and can see many of the promising things that had me rank him as my Broncos’ QB2 last April, as well as many of the reasons he scared me to death.Brian Baldinger highlighted Lock’s 10 great throws, which led to even more rampant speculation that the 2nd rounder is well on his way to Canton. It was easy to dismiss Lock’s safety, interception, and his throws into the dirt because of the struggles of the offensive line.This is on Lock as much as anyone. One big reason I’ve held off on any sort of definitive, sweeping statements about Lock thus far is the fact that it’s still so early in the process. He’s still working out how to get the verbiage out in the huddle, for goodness sake. John Elway hit the nail on the head when asked about it Saturday:So going into Monday night with the 49ers, my hope is to see Lock make another jump in his performance as he did from the Hall of Fame game to Seattle.My hope for Rypien is even more simple: I hope to see him. Many of his most ardent fans continue to believe that Hogan’s struggles make Rypien’s chances at the roster far more likely. This simply ignores the reality that Rypien played 0 snaps last Thursday.I continue to believe the Broncos are looking to stash Rypien on the practice squad this year while they carry Hogan or even just two quarterbacks, but the former Boise State Bronco could make that impossible for them if he can string together a few plays like this.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz