Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 96 mal aufgerufen
 Ankündigungen
zhanjiao1212 Offline

Mrigg

03.08.2018 04:29
and that "rawness kind of seems to have gone away," Ausmus said. "Its just a matter now of building up the skin on the end of th Antworten

BOSTON -- Anthony Rizzo scored the tiebreaking run in the ninth, then endured some uncertain moments in the bottom of the inning before he could celebrate. Malik Monk Jersey . He and his Cubs teammates lingered on the field until a replay review confirmed the on-field decision: Rizzo had caught Luis Valbuenas throw from third base to first on a grounder in time to get Dustin Pedroia for the final out. "It was nerve-wracking," Rizzo said after Chicagos 2-1 win over the Boston Red Sox on Tuesday night, "especially with Big Papi coming up." Had the call been overturned, David Ortiz would have batted with runners at first and second and two outs. "I didnt even see the replay," said Pedroia, who gestured in frustration after crossing the bag. "I feel like I was right there. It was bang-bang. I dont know." Rizzo started the ninth with a single, went to third on a double by Starlin Castro and scored on Valbuenas sacrifice fly off Koji Uehara (3-2). Mookie Betts made the catch in medium right field, but his throw was off line and Rizzo scored easily. "Oh, gosh, what a great at-bat," Cubs manager Rick Renteria said. "He fell behind (and) was just still able to put enough of the barrel on the baseball to get it deep enough to score the run." The double was the 37th extra-base hit for Castro, who entered the game tied with Troy Tulowitzki of the Colorado Rockies for the major league lead among shortstops with 36. Pedro Strop (1-3) pitched a perfect eighth and Hector Rondon worked the ninth for his 11th save in 13 chances. Boston continued to struggle offensively one night after getting no hits against Jake Arrieta for 7 2-3 innings until Stephen Drew singled. The Red Sox ended that game with season lows of two hits and three base runners in a 2-0 loss. In their last five games, theyve scored more than two runs just once. "It gets a little frustrating at times, particularly with the number of opportunities we continue to create," manager John Farrell said. "And thats the thing that we have to continue to focus on internally, is that the opportunities are there and yet at times were not cashing in." But their dominant home pitching persisted. For the 14th straight game at Fenway Park, the Red Sox allowed no more than three runs, extending their franchise record. The last longer streak in the American League was 15 games by the Chicago White Sox, the last game in 1966 and the first 14 in 1967. The Red Sox took a 1-0 lead in the fifth against Edwin Jackson. Jackie Bradley Jr. doubled and scored from third on a single by Pedroia. The Cubs tied it in the sixth after going hitless against Clay Buchholz since Chris Coghlan led off the game with a single. "Both Jax and Buchholz were grinding it out against each other," Renteria said. Justin Ruggiano started the sixth with a double, moved to third on a single by Darwin Barney and scored when Coghlan grounded into a force play at second base. Ryan Sweeneys single put runners at first and third, but the threat ended when Rizzo lined out to first baseman Mike Napoli, who stepped on first to double up Sweeney. Chicago threatened again in the seventh when a single by Castro, a passed ball and a hit batter put runners at first and third with one out. Andrew Miller replaced Buchholz and struck out pinch-hitter Junior Lake and Ruggiano to end the inning. NOTES: Boston used an all-rookie outfield of LF Brock Holt, CF Bradley and RF Betts. Holt played only the infield in limited time in the majors the past two seasons. Betts was mostly a minor league second baseman but has played only the outfield in his three games since being called up from Triple-A Pawtucket. ... Jackson pitched six innings, just the second time hes lasted that long in his last eight starts. ... The Red Sox sent LHP Rich Hill from Triple-A Pawtucket to the Los Angeles Angels for cash and released LHP Chris Capuano, who was designated for assignment last Wednesday. ... Boston 3B Xander Bogaerts is hitless in his last 19 at-bats after going 0 for 4. ... Travis Wood (7-6) faces Bostons Brandon Workman (1-1) on Wednesday night in the finale of the three-game interleague series. Custom Charlotte Hornets Jerseys . A-Rod is also disqualified from any post-season play. So at the tender age of 38, he will miss all of next season. As a result of missing the coming season, hes also out $25 million (which coincidentally is my hourly rate). Charlotte Hornets Jerseys . -- The Golden State Warriors and Houston Rockets will forever be tied together for making the same spectacular misjudgment on budding NBA sensation Jeremy Lin. http://www.basketballhornetsauthority.com/nicolas-batum-hornets-jersey-c-3/ . -- Among the 31 players at the Montreal Canadiens rookie camp, none feels closer to cracking the NHL roster than right winger Aaron Palushaj. CHICAGO -- Bryan Holaday saw an opening and took advantage. Holaday drove in Austin Jackson with a two-out bunt single in the ninth, leading the Detroit Tigers to a 4-3 victory over the Chicago White Sox on Tuesday night. Holaday said he focused on White Sox third baseman Marcus Semien before going for the bunt hit against Ronald Belisario. "I noticed he was staring in and then he backed up and I thought I had a good chance to lay it down," the catcher said. Jackson bolted for home while Holaday beat the throw to first. Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said he was calling for the bunt, but he wasnt sure if the message ever got to Holaday. "I dont know if he heard us or saw it on his own and took advantage," Ausmus said. "(Holaday) is not a speed merchant but hes not slow. . Hes got the ability to beat it out." Jackson started the winning rally when he reached third on a one-out error by right fielder Dayan Viciedo. Belisario (1-3) pitched two innings, allowing one hit and striking out three. Holaday, a late lineup addition, went 2 for 4. White Sox starter Jose Quintana struck out a season-high 10 in six innings, but received a no-decision for the third time this season. The left-hander allowed three runs and eight hits. Justin Verlander allowed three runs and six hits in seven innings for Detroit. It was the right-handers 176th quality start since 2006. The White Sox jumped ahead with three runs in the third. Adam Eaton doubled home Semien and then scored on Gordon Beckhams base hit. Adam Dunn drove in Beckham with a two-out double to right. Detroit got one back on Victor Martinezs RBI single in the fourth, and then tied with two runs in Quintanas laast inning. Larry Johnson Jersey. The Tigers collected four straight two-out hits. Torii Hunters RBI single scored Miguel Cabrera and Jacksons base hit drove in Martinez. "He was doing pretty good, but you run into that part of the lineup, if youre not perfect, that can happen," White Sox manager Robin Ventura said of Quintana. "With Cabrera, then you go to Victor, so unless youre on it and youre throwing it right where you want, that can happen, it can sneak up on you." Quintana struck out Nick Castellanos to close his final inning. Alejandro De Aza tripled with one out in the seventh but was stranded when Verlander struck out Semien and Eaton. Verlander walked three and struck out four. "I was a little out of rhythm after six days off," he said. "After the third inning I kind of established a rhythm and got back to the way I should and have some quick innings." Tigers catcher Nick Avila was a late scratch with lower back spasms. He was replaced about 2 1/2 hours prior to the game by Holaday. NOTES: Ausmus said RHP Anibal Sanchezs finger "looked good" and he is scheduled to do informal throwing Wednesday. Sanchez was placed on the disabled list April 27 with a laceration on his right middle finger, and that "rawness kind of seems to have gone away," Ausmus said. "Its just a matter now of building up the skin on the end of that finger where it can take the friction of a baseball coming off of it again." ... The Tigers entered Tuesday after two days off having played just 21 games - the fewest in baseball. ... White Sox left-hander Chris Sale, sidelined with a left flexor strain, remains unlikely to pitch into this weekend. Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys Disocunt Football Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz