Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
chenyan94 Offline

Abban

18.10.2019 04:40
Redskins Final 53-Man Roster Predictions Antworten

The Redskins have been through training camp and three preseason games to date. We have heard many reports out of camp from those who are able to cover it Ryan Anderson Jersey , and have seen plenty of pressers by Jay Gruden, Alex Smith and even Doug Williams. However, the proof is in the pudding when it comes to live game action, so who has stood out, and who hasn’t?Below is my final 53-man roster predictions for the Redskins as we approach final cut-down day. Offense (25):QB (2) - Alex Smith, Colt McCoy - With two veterans like Smith and McCoy, there is no need to add a third.RB (4) - Adrian Peterson, Chris Thompson, Samaje Perine, Rob Kelley- As much as I hate to say it, I think Rob Kelley makes the team. Gruden seems to mention him in the same sentence as durability and ball security, and we know these are both important things to the head coach. Peterson will be number one on the depth chart, with Thompson being the team’s third down back. WR (6) - Josh Doctson, Paul Richardson, Jamison Crowder, Maurice Harris, Trey Quinn, Cam Sims - The sixth wide receiver spot was a tough one as the Redskins do not have a lot of veteran leadership in this group. However, the long-term potential of Cam Sims outweighs that in my opinion. I’d hate to see Sims tearing up the league as a Colt. TE (4) - Jordan Reed, Vernon Davis, Jeremy Sprinkle, J.P. Holtz (H-back/Fullback) - This is where the first big surprise comes in. A late addition to training camp, Holtz is kept as an H-back/fullback. The big question here obviously surrounds the health of Jordan Reed. Sprinkle is coming along as a blocker, but he’s still a work in progress. OL (9) - Trent Williams Fabian Moreau Jersey , Morgan Moses, Brandon Scherff, Shawn Lauvao, Chase Roullier, Ty Nsekhe, Geron Christian, Tony Bergstrom, Kyle Kalis - The starting five of Williams, Moses, Scherff, Lauvao and Roullier are set. Christian, with his upside and draft position, will make the 53-man roster, although he may find himself inactive on game days. Despite getting longer in the tooth, Nsekhe will serve as the teams swing tackle. Bergstrom, with his versatility to play center and guard will earn a spot. I have the final spot going to Kalis based on his play this preseason. Defense (25):DL (6)-Jonathan Allen, DaRon Payne, Matt Ioannidis, Tim Settle, Anthony Lanier, Phil Taylor - The last spot between Taylor and Hood could be a tough call. I like Taylor here, as he is far more disruptive than Hood, and his presence at nose tackle could allow the Redskins to use Payne as a 3-4 defensive end opposite Allen in some base packages. Settle may be a guy we see inactive for the early part of the season until he gets his feet under him, but he’s just too good not to be on the roster. OLB (4) - Ryan Kerrigan Samaje Perine Jersey , Preston Smith, Pernell McPhee, Ryan Anderson - This should be pretty cut and dry. Kerrigan and Smith will receive the majority of the snaps this season. McPhee (who’s looked a bit rusty during preseason) and Anderson (who really needs to step up his game this year), will be the backups and play special teams. ILB (5) - Zach Brown, Mason Foster, Josh Harvey-Clemons, Shaun Dion Hamilton, Martrell Spaight - It was a tough decision keeping Spaight over Vigil, but the fact is, the guy is a heat-seeking missile as both an inside linebacker and on special teams. I thought his play so far this preseason was also better than Vigils. Brown and Foster will be your base backers, with Harvey-Clemons coming in when sub packages are required. Dion Hamilton has been a very pleasant surprise this preseason, and he’s going to play a major role going forward on this team. CB (6) - Josh Norman, Quinton Dunbar, Fabian Moreau, Danny Johnson, Greg Stroman, Adonis Alexander - I think the team could keep just five cornerbacks, but with the youth and inexperience in the room, and the potential of some of the young guys, they go with six here. Both Danny Johnson and Greg Stroman have had nice camps. Alexander is a project, but he’s long and athletic. It will be interesting to see what the team does if and when Joshua Holsey returns. S (4) - D.J. Swearinger, Montae Nicholson, Deshazor Everett, Troy Apke - I have very mixed feelings here. To date Montae Nicholson Jersey , besides a nice diving interception, rookie Troy Apke has done nothing to secure a spot on the roster; neither on defense or special teams. However, his draft position and intriguing athletic ability should force the Redskins hand on keeping him. Swearinger and Nicholson are the starters, and Everett will be the first off the bench if needed. The depth here really scares me, and I wouldn’t be surprised if a veteran safety is picked up once teams make final cuts. Special Teams (3):K (1) - Dustin HopkinsP (1) - Tress WayLS (1) - Nick SundbergRoom for some wiggle:There is definitely some room for a little wiggle here if the staff sees an area they’d like to improve on once final cuts are made by other teams. TE - We could easily decide to go with three traditional tight ends instead of keeping a H-back/fullback type. There is also a chance a true fullback gets cut, and we pounce. WR - With the versatility of guys like Trey Quinn and Mo Harris, the team could opt for just five wide receivers, leaving an open roster spot somewhere else. OL - I would not advocate keeping just eight offensive linemen, but the versatility of Ty Nsekhe, and Tony Bergstrom could make that possible if the team so chooses. DL - If we keep with the theme of talent and youth, Tomsula might be fine with his five studs up front. Considering the versatility of the group, and how many times we are in nickle, it might not be a bad idea if bodies are needed elsewhere.ILB - Could Spaight be out if we roll with just four?CB - Six is ideal, but if one between Johnson, Stroman or Alexander could be stashed on the practice squad, it would be a win-win. The Cardinals used the top waiver position in the league to snag tackle Desmond Harrison after the Browns dropped him from their roster this week, but they weren’t the only team interested in adding Harrison to their roster.Field Yates of ESPN reports that Washington also put in a waiver claim on Harrison. Per Yates, they were the only other team that made a bid to get the second-year player.The move comes after left tackle Trent Williams opted not to report to this week’s mandatory minicamp. There has been word that the way the team handled the diagnosis and/or removal of a growth on Williams’s head upset the veteran tackle along with a report that he’s looking for a new contract.Whatever the reason, Williams isn’t with the team and it’s not clear if that’s going to change for training camp. Harrison started eight games at left tackle as a rookie, so he would have given the team some experience as a starter as they try to work things out with Williams. Now they’ll have to look in another direction to make such an addition to the team.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz