Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 66 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
xuezhiqian123 Offline

Ultrine

12.12.2019 07:03
ven when we're not quite sure Antworten

On Friday night Los Angeles Clippers Jersey , I learned my limitation. I took ten pre-teen girls to the ice rink--along with little brother Victor, who had never ice-skated in his life.

At fortysomething, I had no deep-seated desire to skate; the girls afterall would skate by themselves and completely ignore me. I was cold. I was sore from my early-morning tennis game and half-hour workout with weights. In tiny Ridgefield, Connecticut in January, ice skating on a Friday night is as good as it gets: the place was packed. Clearly two hundred children and hormone- impaired middleschoolers were lacing up, while little Victor begged me to skate alongside him, at this never-before-seen rink Myles Turner Jersey , with an almost-desperate look on his face.

Of course I had to oblige. "How tough could this be anyway?" I thought as I snapped on my rented skates. "I work out everyday," I reassured myself. I skated as a kid. We'll take it slowly. I look the part, what with my jeans, turtleneck, and down vest. I mean...I could pass for one of these kids if you caught me at the right angle!

We got onto the ice, Victor holding my hand with a look of "Can I do this, Mom?" and me with an "it's-like-riding-a-bike-you-never-forget-how" assurance.

The first time around was Jeremy Lamb Jersey , well, awkward would be an understatement. I was wobbly. Victor held me up. When I asked him how he was doing, he was clearly in control. "I rollerblade, remember, Mom?" Oh .

Dozens of wiry ly as high as my had clearly been skating since they could agged in and out of my path like cockroaches when caught in the dark by a quickly-turned-on light. Whippersnappers! In and out they skated, so fast and with such precision that it took my misted-breath away.

Did I mention the strobe lights? Just when I thought it was safe to look down and see where I was going, the lights playing on the ice only made me dizzy. I was reassured by my assessment when Victor exclaimed: "Mom Domantas Sabonis Jersey , don't look down! You'll throw up!"

By the third or fourth time around, I was feeling much more confident. But when a pre-teen girl caught sight of a hottie and abruptly skated ctly in front of me...I was knocked smack on the ice. I landed on my wrists, and fully realized how hard the ice really how much more brittle my bones are at my I picked myself up with a half- laugh and an under-my-breath grunt of "I hope he was worth it."

We were great, Victor and I. He took to the ice like a duck to water and passed me whenever he could, checking in with me every few dozen yards to make sure I was still alive. The second crash was my swan song; I exited to the slightly warmer viewing room with ice on my butt and two clearly bruised wrists, totally ticked off that these kids had gotten the best of me.

Five minutes later, I reminded myself why I was there in the first place: I had a 9-year-old son who needed me Victor Oladipo Jersey , for crying out loud! It was back to the ice for another half-hour. Round and round we went, avoiding the whippersnappers and pre-teen girls with a vengeance. My daughter and her nine friends? Forgetaboutem. Caught in their own little world-on-ice, checking out each face that whirled past them, I was only the night-time driver and MasterCard-holder.

The evening ended with hot cocoa drunk by giggling, rosy-cheeked girls. Victor, encouraged by my proddings of "You're doing so great!" now had his sights set on ice hockey. And my left wrist, though clearly black and blue from a dozen broken blood vessels T.J. Warren Jersey , was not much worse for the wear.

Will we do that again? Absolutely. Cold air, oxygen to the brain, rosy cheeks, laughter, friends, bonding with my kids, and a sense of community in this New England town of mine are just too compelling.

Looking like a fool when I fall? Black-and-blue reminders of my middle age? Bruises to my ego? 's all part of motherhood.

Keeping the spirit of the holidays after the holidays have clearly passed is one of the challenges of being a Rocket Mom. Keep your eyes wide open for opportunities throughout the next couple winter months to create special memories with your kids. Be it snow-skiing Reggie Miller Jersey , ice skating, or sledding; or ballsportsshop.com/cheap-indiana-pacers-paul-george-jersey/]Paul George Jersey[/url] , especially as we grow older. It means that ?Yes!,? not ?No,? must be the operative word, the word that propels us toward what we really want to do (even when we're not quite sure what that is).

The Challenge of Fear

Perhaps the greatest obstacle to all in the job market is fear. We fear that we will fail to find a new job or career, or that if we do, we will fail at it, not make enough money Indiana Pacers Jersey , get dead-ended, be unhappy, go backward in our career, etc.

The trouble is that such fears can hold us back. In his wonderful best-seller Who Moved My Cheese?, Spencer Johnson, M.D., set forth a few simple rules that apply to most everything we do in life James Harden Jersey , including finding a job or career. It's the allegorical tale of two mice (Sniff and Scurry) and two 'littlepeople? (Hem and Haw) who are as small as mice, but think like humans. All four happily inhabit a maze, living off their store of Cheese, which they found years and years ago. But one day things change: someone moves their Cheese.

The two mice react instinctively. They enter the maze and start looking for New Cheese. But Hem and Haw behave much as humans do when faced with change: they procrastinate. Either hoping that their Cheese would somehow be restored or fearing that things might get worse if they leave the security of what they know to look for something better, they dither, hoping that somehow their Cheese will be restored.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz