Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 100 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

16.08.2018 09:25
re opening day, includi Antworten

CLEVELAND -- Once he discarded his bat, rounded the bases and tossed his helmet, Michael Brantley was doused with water by his celebrating teammates. Bernardo Silva Jersey . Just like that, a four-game losing streak and a forgettable weekend were washed away. Brantley homered with two outs in the 10th inning off Al Alburquerque, giving the Cleveland Indians a 5-4 win over the drowsy Detroit Tigers on Monday night. Brantley connected on a 3-2 pitch from Alburquerque (1-1), driving it into the Tigers bullpen to end Clevelands four-game slide. Brantley held onto his bat until he nearly reached first base, unsure if the ball was going to clear the wall. "I was nervous," Brantley said. "I didnt know what do." After rounding third, Brantley flung his helmet to the side and received a wet welcome home. He was sprayed with bottles of water and then drenched by a bucket dumped over his head during a postgame interview. "It was cold," he said. It was worth it. Brantleys homer warmed the Indians, who have seen errors and losses pile up lately. Over the weekend, they were outscored 30-6 in being swept by Oakland. With the first-place Tigers in town, the Indians couldnt afford to fall any further in the AL Central, and Brantley gave them a dramatic win in the opener. "As long as we win, thats the main thing," manager Terry Francona said. "But the way it ended -- that was great." Scott Atchison (1-0) pitched a perfect 10th, retiring Miguel Cabrera and Victor Martinez for the first two outs. Detroits J.D. Martinez hit a pinch-hit homer in the ninth off Cody Allen to tie it 4-all, but the Tigers couldnt muster more magic in extra innings. The Tigers, who arrived just three hours before the first pitch because of travel delays from Boston, had their 11-game road winning streak ended. "We knew the game would end at some point, and wed be able to go back and get some sleep," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "We were hoping to go back and get some sleep with a win, but it wasnt to be." Rookie Jesus Aguilar had two RBIs for the Indians. Martinez hit his 11th homer for the Tigers, who despite the loss have won 19 of the last 26 against Cleveland. With Detroit two outs from losing its road winning streak, Martinez homered off interim closer Allen to tie it 4-all. Batting for shortstop Andrew Romine, Martinez drove a 1-0 pitch over the wall in centre, just over the glove of leaping outfielder Michael Bourn at the wall. It was Martinezs first homer in 40 at-bats and it came at the perfect time for the sleep-deprived Tigers, who earlier rallied from a 3-1 deficit to tie it in the fifth. The Indians took a 4-3 lead in the seventh on Aguilars sacrifice fly. Cleveland badly needed a strong outing, and Corey Kluber came through. The right-hander allowed eight hits and struck out eight in seven innings. He contained the ALs best hitting club and didnt show any fear while pitching inside to Cabrera, who didnt seem pleased with the right-handers challenge. Kluber set the tone early when he started Cabrera off with a high, inside pitch in the first that annoyed baseballs most feared hitter. Cabrera took his time getting back into the batters box as Kluber waited patiently. Cabrera, who came in batting .417 with three homers against Kluber, struck out and then shot a menacing stare toward the right-hander. "I saw him looking at me," Kluber said, "and I just ignored it. You got to keep them honest." The Tigers, who walked into Progressive Field wearing pajama-like travel suits after their long day, tied it 3-3 in the seventh on a two-run double by No. 9 hitter Rajai Davis. Nick Swisher and Aguilar hit RBI singles in the fifth off Detroit starter Drew Smyly, who was the only well-rested Tigers player. He spent Sunday night in Cleveland while his teammates were stuck in Boston, where they were forced to spend an extra night due to mechanical problems with their plane. The Indians went 0 for 15 with runners in scoring position against the Athletics before Swishers base hit. NOTES: Former Tigers manager Jim Leyland watched the game from the press box. Leyland, who retired after last season, is a special assistant to general manager Dave Dombrowski. ... Detroit starters came in with a major league-best 2.64 ERA. ... The Indians plan to activate DH Jason Giambi from the 15-day disabled list on Tuesday. The 43-year-old has been out with a calf strain since May 5. ... Indians OF Michael Brantley has hit safely in 16 straight home games. ... Indians RHP Trevor Bauer will be recalled to start Tuesdays game against Justin Verlander. Phil Foden Jersey .com) - The Tennessee Titans agreed to terms with running back Jackie Battle on a one-year contract Friday. Claudio Bravo Jersey . - Jayden Hart scored once and set up two more as the Prince Albert Raiders downed the host Red Deer Rebels 5-3 on Tuesday to clinch the final Western Hockey League playoff berth. http://www.tmancitysoccershop.com/c-49-brahim-diaz-manchester-city-fc-jersey.aspx . -- Caris LeVert had 14 points and a career-high 11 rebounds for his first career double-double, and No.DUNEDIN, Florida – Heres what we know when it comes to exactly who will fill out the back of the Blue Jays season-opening starting rotation: We dont know. At the moment, neither do the decision-makers. Dustin McGowan is front-and-centre in this ongoing saga, having thrust himself into the conversation with a dominating three-inning performance against the Phillies on Thursday, just hours after manager John Gibbons appeared to pour cold water on the notion. Heres part of Gibbons conversation with the media from that day: QUESTION: "So it seems like (McGowans) more in the bullpen picture then?" GIBBONS: "Yeah, yeah. Unless he comes out of nowhere and you know." Then, later: QUESTION: "How concerned are you if he went the route and got the innings needed to be a starter, worried about injury with him?" GIBBONS: "Well, me personally, I was concerned about that. Not everybody was, but I was, because thats where hes had his problems. We think hes beyond that kind of stuff. And, I thought he thrived in the bullpen, I thought that was a good role for him. But he had desire to do it, a lot of people had desire to see if he could do it. Myself, personally, I kind of had some reservations." On Saturday, Gibbons clarified his stance, saying hes always left the door open to McGowan beginning the season in the rotation. "Im concerned about his health but I didnt say we had to have him in the bullpen," said Gibbons. "That hadnt been determined yet. Did I officially say he was in the bullpen?" McGowan wants to be a starter. Hes expressed as much on repeated occasions dating back to the end of last season. But the 31-year-old, whose multiple shoulder surgeries have sidetracked a promising career, admits to having his own hesitations. Hes topped out at 47 pitches this spring, the Thursday outing, and plans to throw 65 pitches in a minor league game on Tuesday. "Its going to be tough, I think," said McGowan. "Anytime you increase by 15 to 20 pitches, its more stress and I havent done it in so long Im kind of eager to see how I feel after." As of Saturday morning, McGowan hadnt spoken with Gibbons or pitching coach Pete Walker about whats in store beyond Tuesdays appearance. If McGowan feels good the day after his next start, its believed the plan is to have him throw an 85-pitch outing in a minor league game on Sunday, March 30. "I have to try it to see if I can do it," he said. "I cant just say in my mind, oh I can do it or I cant do it. So well see. "Well have to see after the next one, after 65 how I feel," McGowan continued. "Its possible. It all depends on me." The fact that McGowan is even in the rotation conversation is reflective of a number of things: First, its a testament to the injury-riddled players resolve. McGowan hasnt been a regular starter in the big leagues since 2008. Second, J.A. Happ entered camp with a job in the rotation but three poor outings later (20.25 ERA) and uncertainty about the status of his back has cast a cloud of doubt; Esmil Rogers is better suited to a long relief role; Todd Redmond is a strike thrower who typically struggles after the first time through the oppositions lineup. Third, the failure to sign Ervin Santana, or acquire any major league-caliber pitching help via free agency or trade in the offseason, is forcing the Jays into a less-than-desirable decision. McGowan wont throw a bullpen session before Tuesday in the name of resting up. "Thats one of the things were kind of discussing," he said. "Would it benefit me more to throw one or not to throw one, to have more days in between to rest? I believe well kind of try both at some point to see if I feel better not doing it or if I need a bullpen. Gabriel Jesus Jersey. Its no big deal though." Regardless of whether hes a starter or a reliever, McGowan is poised to break camp with the Blue Jays for the first time since 2008. Theres still a week to go, though, and McGowans been through enough injuries to know he cant take anything for granted. "Weve still got a little bit to go in spring training so lets not jump ahead here," he said, pretending to knock on wood. Hutchison tosses gem Drew Hutchison pitched seven innings of one-hit, one-walk baseball in a minor league game on Saturday morning. The 23-year-old still hasnt officially secured a job in the starting rotation, although its difficult to believe the impending announcement is anything but a mere formality. "It was good to get stretched out, get 80 pitches and get up-and-down seven times," said Hutchison. "Those were the two most important things out of the outing." Its been a rewarding spring for Hutchison, whose positive results reflect the hard work he put in to rehabbing from Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery. General manager Alex Anthopoulos pursued pitching help in the offseason, both via trade and free agency, but failed to secure an arm. Hutchison watched from afar, unconcerned about what he couldnt control. "Ive always thought I was a guy that could contribute," said Hutchison. "Regardless of what is being talked about anywhere else, it doesnt change the way I prepare for a season." Janssen on track Casey Janssen, recovering from soreness in the back of his pitching shoulder, threw one inning in a minor league game on Friday. The key is the so-called "bounce back," how a guy feels the morning after his outing. "Good," said Janssen. "Not too bad on the soreness. Those guys were scrappy down there and made me work a little bit. Its good to get a little sore. Its good to get some work in." While Janssen estimated he threw 21 or 22 pitches, the official line given to the media was 17 pitches and 10 strikes. In his one inning, he allowed a hit, walked one and struck out two. "I was kind of more pitching, not necessarily to a Double-A Philly team, it was how I would pitch in the game or knowing in a 2-1 count I might throw an offspeed pitch because thats what I going to have to do in two weeks," said Janssen. "It was just here it is, hit it and see what you can do with it. I was pitching and trying to put sequences together." Janssens shoulder pain was in a different spot – the back of the shoulder where the decelerator muscles are located – than last years post-surgery soreness. The plan is for Janssen to pitch in three spring games before opening day, including two appearances on back to back days. Reyes leaves early Shortstop Jose Reyes left Saturdays 9-4 win over the Tigers before the fourth inning. He experienced tightness in his left hamstring. Asked quickly whether he was concerned, Reyes said he was fine. Camp cuts The Blue Jays reduced their major league camp roster be three on Sunday, optioning OF Kevin Pillar to Triple-A Buffalo and reassigning 1B Dan Johnson and P Aaron Sanchez to minor league camp. Getting buzzed for good cause Todd Redmond will shave his head on March 26, all in the name of a good cause. Hes supporting Cut for Cure, which raises money in the fight against pediatric cancers. "Im going to shave my head to I think a Number One," said Redmond. "Im shooting for a Two just so I can have a little bit of hair on there." The aim is raise $50,000. Former Atlanta Braves great Chipper Jones is also involved. For more information, visit Redmonds Twitter page @redneckred34 or click on the this link. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz