Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

17.08.2018 07:35
SEATTLE -- Learning that former Padres Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn had died completely changed Chris Youngs outlook on pitching aga Antworten

SEATTLE -- Learning that former Padres Hall of Famer Tony Gwynn had died completely changed Chris Youngs outlook on pitching against his former team. Raiders Jerseys . "I think any fun about pitching against them disappeared this morning with the news of Tony passing," the Mariners right-hander said after Seattles 5-1 win over San Diego on Monday night. "My condolences go out to his family, the Padres organization, the city of San Diego. He meant a lot to everyone there and Im grateful I had the opportunity to work with him and get to know him." The loss capped a sombre day for the Padres organization. Gwynn, 54, died Monday morning of oral cancer, a disease he attributed to years of chewing tobacco. "Even though were away from San Diego I think the Mariners did a good job of putting Tony out there," Padres manager Bud Black said. Kyle Seager hit a three-run homer in the first inning, Brad Miller added a solo shot, and Young threw six shutout innings against his former team. San Diego was on the verge of being shut out by Young (6-4) and a pair of relievers until Carlos Quentin hit a solo homer leading off the ninth. But Gwynn was on everyones mind at Safeco Field. Seattle honoured Gwynn with a video tribute and moment of silence before the game and put a 19 on the dirt in the hole between the shortstop and third baseman. Gwynn called that the "5.5 hole" and many of his 3,141 hits went through it. San Diego added black armbands to its uniform in honour of Gwynn, and his No. 19 jersey hung in the Padres dugout. His jersey also was scattered among fans in attendance. "He is the city of San Diego. You talk Padres baseball, Tony Gwynn is everything there," Young said. Seagers homer came on a 3-0 pitch from San Diego starter Tyson Ross (6-6). Coming off a 4-for-4 performance on Sunday, Seager was given the green light and hit his 10th homer of the season. Miller followed with a solo homer an inning later. Robinson Cano added an RBI double as Seattle scored all five runs in the first two innings. Seager leads Seattle in home runs and has seven hits in his last 10 at-bats with six RBIs. James Jones also stole three bases and scored twice for Seattle. "Its a good feeling that the skipper has confidence in you, thats always good," Seager said. "In that situation I had seen a couple of pitches ... when you get the opportunity you have to make sure you capitalize and get a ball in the air. Young was once an All-Star for the Padres and has become a valuable acquisition since joining Seattle at the end of spring training. After losing his last two starts, Young gave up two hits in the first inning and then cruised. He retired 16 of the final 19 batters he faced, giving up a pair of singles and issuing one walk. He matched his season high with six strikeouts. Joe Beimel, who gave up the final home run in Gwynns career, pitched one inning of relief for Seattle. Tom Wilhelmsen then got the final six outs, but couldnt complete the shutout giving up Quentins third homer of the season. Ross had allowed only one homer in his previous six starts, but struggled all night. He walked a career-high seven and at least one in every inning. Ross pitched into the sixth inning and helped save the Padres bullpen. "My command wasnt very sharp tonight," Ross said. "I kind of grinded through some innings there and overall just wasnt in the strike zone early and often enough." NOTES: Young has now faced all 30 teams in the majors. ... Seattle hopes to send injured 1B Justin Smoak (quad) out on a rehab assignment Wednesday. Corey Hart (hamstring) and Michael Saunders (shoulder) could join Smoak on rehab assignments by the end of the week. ... In 11 career games against Seattle, Gwynn hit .261 (12 for 46) with three doubles and four RBIs. Brandon Parker Jersey . -- The NFL cancelled its Hall of Fame game between St. Dwayne Harris Jersey .com Tours Nova Scotia Open. The 27-year-old Sloan, a former Texas-El Paso player from Calgary matched first-round leader Rodriguez at 10-under 132 on Ashburn Golf Clubs New Course. http://www.shoptheraidersonline.com/Elite-Shareece-Wright-Raiders-Jersey/ . Coetzees finish, with six birdies and no bogeys, took him to 19-under 268 overall and past South African compatriots Thomas Aiken and Justin Walters, the overnight co-leaders. Coetzee was flawless on the East Course at Royal Johannesburg and Kensington Golf Club to clinch his maiden title after 24 top 10 finishes. DENVER -- Paul Stastny was slumping and frustrated with his scoring drought. Facing the Dallas Stars helped clear that up for the Colorado Avalanche centre. Stastny scored twice and added two assists and the Avalanche beat the Dallas Stars 6-2 on Monday night. Erik Johnson and Andre Benoit also scored in a four-goal second period, and Nathan MacKinnon and Tyson Barrie scored for Colorado. Stastny hadnt notched a point since Nov. 19, when he had a goal and assist against Chicago. The scoring drought grew to nine games before he put together one of his best periods of his career. "I always put pressure on myself," Stastny said. "Of anyone I was probably the most frustrated. Whether I show it or not, you guys wont see it." It was a familiar feeling for Stastny, who had a two-goal game against the Stars on Nov. 1. The lone hat trick of his career came against Dallas on Oct. 3, 2007. His breakout couldnt have come at a better time for him or his team, which has struggled to score lately. "I feel like that, especially for Stast," said forward P.A. Parenteau, who tied a career high with three assists. "We were on the puck the last few games and couldnt get it done. The confidence was low for a couple of guys and its tough on you. Youre playing decent hockey and youre not rewarded." Tyler Seguin had a goal and an assist and Kevin Connauton scored his first NHL goal for the Stars, who have dropped three of the past four. Goalie Kari Lehtonen stopped 42 shots for Dallas in a rare poor start against Colorado. Lehtonen was 8-3-2 with a 2.52 goals-against average against the Avalanche before Monday. "That was pretty much us laying an egg," forward Jamie Benn said. "They came out strong and jumped all over us." The Avalanche outshot Dallas 21-10 in the first period, but managed just one goal against Lehtonen. It was a different story in the second. Stastny broke a 1-all tie when he knocked in Jamie McGinns tip pass 8:29 into the period for his ninth goal of the season. Benoit made it 3-1 when he pinched in from the blue line and blastted a shot through traffic past Lehtonen. Daryl Worley Jersey. . Stastny scored again when he tipped a shot by Gabriel Landeskog in front of the net, and Johnson finished the run with a shot from the top of the right circle with 3 seconds left in the period to make it 5-1. Seguin scored early in the third, but Barries first goal of the season on Stastnys second assist made it 6-2. It was more than enough for the Avalanche, who improved to 3-0 against the Stars this season. Colorado scored six goals despite going 0 for 5 on the power play and failing to score on a pair of two-man advantages. "The power play was really good, to be honest. We had a lot of shots," Avalanche coach Patrick Roy said. "What else can you do? I dont want to over talk about the power play; tonight we didnt need the power play." The teams will play again in Dallas on Tuesday night. Colorado took a 1-0 lead midway through the first period when MacKinnon beat Lehtonen with a shot from the left circle. It was his seventh goal of the season. The Avalanche continued to get shots on Lehtonen, and had a chance to add to their lead when they had 1:26 of a two-man advantage. They couldnt convert, and moments after the Stars killed off Sergei Gonchars penalty, Matt Duchene was sent off for hooking. Connauton tied it on the ensuing 4-on-4 with 33 seconds left in the first. "I was elated," Connauton said. "The elation wore off pretty quick -- as quick as it took them to take over in the second period." Dallas nearly scored again with 12 seconds left, but Seguins shot from a sharp angle never crossed the goal line before resting on goalie Semyon Varlamovs back. Varlamov had 31 saves for Colorado. NOTES: Colorado D Ryan Wilson (back) was activated from the injured list, but did not return to the lineup. Wilson has missed 18 games after being injured Nov. 6 against Nashville. ... MacKinnon extended his points streak to four games. ... The 48 shots were the second most Lehtonen has faced this season. Chicago had 50 shots in a 4-3 loss to Dallas on Dec. 3. ... Colorados six goals tied a season high. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz