Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 182 mal aufgerufen
 Homepage
zxlbxj1 Offline

Abbil

24.08.2018 08:43
working for each other, Antworten

s left on his nine-yearzBALTIMORE -- In his first year with the Baltimore Orioles, Brian Roberts played shortstop alongside third baseman Cal Ripken, Jr., who was in the final year of what turned out to be a Hall of Fame career. Now in his first season with the New York Yankees, Roberts is lining up next to shortstop Derek Jeter -- whos putting the finishing touches on what appears to be a Hall of Fame career. "Ive definitely been extremely blessed to take part in both of their last years," Roberts said. "They have so many similarities: the way they go about the game, the way they go about their business on and off the field, so professional in both ways, so respected by everyone. When you play with each of them you see why. They both do just do everything the right way, treat people the right way. Its something that all of us can learn from." The 36-year-old Roberts wont soon forget the experience. "We all take things from every place that weve been and people that we play with, but certainly when you play with guys of that calibre and that stature in the game, I think its special for all of us to have the opportunity to do that," he said. Roberts played 51 games at shortstop in 2001, his first year with the Orioles, and has been at second base ever since. After spending 13 years with the Orioles, he signed as a free agent with the Yankees in January. He returned to Camden Yards on Friday for the first time since his departure. "Its crazy," he said in the New York clubhouse. "I dont know if I walked in here one time in my career. Its definitely strange to walk by the home clubhouse and come over here but its kind of a new chapter of life. Im certainly excited to be back. Spent the night in my house. Good to sleep in your own bed sometimes." Roberts was extremely popular in Baltimore, but during the later stages of his career he played sparingly because of a variety of injuries -- most notably a concussion that impacted his 2011 and 2012 seasons. Being healthy with the Yankees was just what he wanted when he opted to play another year. "Its been great. Thats all I was hoping for this year was to have the opportunity to get out and play on a consistent basis and feel healthy and feel like I was contributing," Roberts said. "From that standpoint, its certainly been a year Ive been pleased with." Playing with the Orioles, however, was tough to beat. "Certainly the 13 years that I had in Baltimore were the best years of my life," Roberts said. "No one can take that away from us. Very appreciative to have those years. And now, to do this is just something new." New York manager Joe Girardi expected Roberts to get a warm reception from the fans at Camden Yards. "He put up a lot of big numbers here, did a lot of great things here," Girardi said. "He was a fan favourite for a long time here, so I would hope they would greet him well." When Roberts got to the plate in the second inning, he received a smattering of applause. He then drove the first pitch from Miguel Gonzalez over the right-field scoreboard for his fifth home run of the year. Custom Cowboys Jerseys . LOUIS -- David Ross never expected to be on a World Series podium. Terrell Owens Cowboys Jersey . He still wanted out. "It just seemed like the direction they were going didnt fit what I thought my career was going to be," Kesler said. "At the end of the day I want to win a championship and I want to win it now, and four years is a little too long for me. http://www.shoptheofficialcowboys.com/El...wboys-Jersey/.S. President Barack Obama saluted the Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks at the White House on Monday -- a rare moment for a president hungry to see more victorious teams from his hometown. Jamize Olawale Cowboys Jersey . The person, speaking on condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the search, confirmed reports by several media outlets. The interview took place in Southern California on Monday. Jihad Ward Jersey . -- LaMarcus Aldridge returned to the Trail Blazers lineup, happy to know that things didnt go awry without him. ST. LOUIS -- Frederik Andersen made sure the Anaheim Ducks wouldnt go on any kind of a losing streak. The rookie made 34 saves, and Ryan Getzlaf scored his 25th goal to lead the Ducks to a 3-2 win over the St. Louis Blues on Saturday night. Anaheim, which had an eight-game winning streak snapped on Friday in Chicago, has won 19 of 21. The Ducks have won nine of their last 11 on the road, and they lead the NHL with 79 points. Anaheim is 20-0-2 at home. Matt Beleskey and Cam Fowler also scored for the Ducks, who have a league-best 37 points on the road. Andersen (12-2) has won three straight. Anaheim had its three-week winning run halted with a 4-2 loss on Friday. Instead of dwelling on the setback, the Ducks took control against the Blues and grabbed a 3-0 lead in the first 29:13 against St. Louis. "If you lose, you just want to get back on the horse and win the next night," Andersen said. "We just stayed poised and focused." Anaheim coach Bruce Boudreau was pleased with the way his club bounced back. "Its hard to win as many games in a row as we did and lose," he said. "Then youre coming back against (one) of the best percentage teams in the league. It would be pretty easy to say, Hey, we had a good run. Lets take this next one off." But they didnt. "This is a prideful group," Boudreau said. Getzlaf got the turnaround started with a goal just 5:37 in. His tally, off a pass from Corey Perry, set the early tone. "We were able to rebound and play our game," Getzlaf said. "We showed that we needed to bounce back after a tough loss." Getzlaf, who added an assist, has 14 points in the last nine games. Barret Jackman and Jaden Schwartz scored third-period goals for St. Louis, which lost back-to-back games in regulation for just the second time this season. Anaheim scored three times on its first 11 shots against Brian Elliott, who had a franchise-record, 13-game home winning streak snapped.dddddddddddd Beleskey squeezed a shot through Elliott early in the second period. Elliott made the initial save, but the puck trickled through his legs into the net. "I tried to squeeze it," Elliott said. "Its a goal you definitely want back." Fowler then tallied on the power play with a shot from the top of the circle to push the lead to 3-0 midway through the second period. Schwartz got the Blues to within 3-2 with a power-play goal at 14:31 of the third. Andersen took over from there with a key stop of a shot by T.J. Oshie with 2.6 seconds left. The Blues pulled their goalie with 1:08 remaining, but Andersen held onto the lead. "He was fabulous, good since Day One when he got here," Boudreau said of Anderson. "He was calm. I thought he did a real good job near the end, especially for a first-year guy." Anderson made 15 saves on 17 shots over the final 20 minutes. "We showed a lot of character and kept working for each other," Andersen said. "This shows what kind of team effort we can have." St. Louis is 1-7 against California teams this season. The Blues lost 4-1 to the Los Angeles Kings on Thursday. "A three-goal deficit in this league against any team is tough," St. Louis captain David Backes said. "Hopefully, we can get something out of that third period." NOTES: St. Louis LW Alexander Steen returned to the lineup after missing 11 games because of a concussion. He had four shots in 20:56 of ice time. ... The Blues have an NHL-best, plus-57 goal differential. ... Anaheim RW Teemu Selanne didnt play in the second of back-to-back games, as usual. ... RW Chris Stewart played in his 200th game with the Blues. ... The Ducks are 22-3-4 in games in which they score first. ... Anaheim is 19-1-5 in one-goal games. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz