Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

29.08.2018 08:16
VANCOUVER -- Toronto FC head coach Ryan Nelsen was surprised to see star striker Jermain Defoe left off Englands 23-man World Cu Antworten

VANCOUVER -- Toronto FC head coach Ryan Nelsen was surprised to see star striker Jermain Defoe left off Englands 23-man World Cup squad, but he knows that snub could pay dividends in the long run for their Major League Soccer outfit. Cheap Dean Lowry Jersey . Defoe failed to make England manager Roy Hodgsons team announced Monday, instead being named to a seven-man standby list that will only be used in the event of injuries in the leadup to the tournament in Brazil. The 31-year-old Defoe is healthy, scoring goals in MLS and could well take out his frustration at being left out by Hodgson on opponents in North America. "You never like to take benefit from other peoples agony, if you know what I mean," Nelsen said Tuesday. "If Jermain stays with us, hes probably going to be motivated to prove a lot of people wrong, which I suppose is nice for us." That could come as early as Wednesday night when Toronto FC visits the Vancouver Whitecaps in the second leg of the Amway Canadian Championship semifinal. Toronto holds a 2-1 lead after a victory at home in the first leg last week. Even though its a boost for his team, Nelsen also couldnt hide his disappointment. "Obviously devastated for Jermain. Its surprising," he said. "I dont know how Roy Hodgson picks his team. Its a surprising decision -- gutted for the man. I know Ive played against all those guys and I know with 10, 15 minutes to go in a World Cup, I know who Id want with the ball at his feet in front of the net." Defoe said he was stunned not to be heading to Brazil after figuring into all but two of Hodgsons matchday squads prior to this announcement. "I was shocked, like you can imagine," Defoe said after training at B.C. Place Stadium. "Especially when youve been involved in every squad, and then for some reason youre not included. But (I) always remain positive and just continue doing what Im doing. Ive come over here and done exactly what I used to do at home and thats play well and score goals." A veteran of the 2010 World Cup who has scored 19 times in 55 games for his country, Defoe added that he didnt think his move from the English Premier League to MLS had anything to do with Hodgsons decision. "Ive been here two months. Does it really change much? I dont think so," he said. "I mentioned before the squad was announced that the manager, he knows most of the players, even before he was manager. He knows the players. I think the fact of me being here two months, that shouldnt play a factor at all." England is bringing four strikers to the World Cup, including Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge, Danny Welbeck and Rickie Lambert. Defoe said that despite this disappointment, he will remain available for England selection. "Im not going to retire (from the national team) just because someone doesnt put me in a squad," he said. "I would never do that. I would never turn my back on my country because I still feel like Ive got a lot to offer. The games Ive played and just being involved with England over the years, its been great. "I think my record speaks for itself and Ill just try and continue to work hard and enjoy my football." Defoe will remain with Toronto FC and only join up with England if called upon. He added that Hodgson told him: "He wants to go with the young kids. Thats it." Toronto midfielder Michael Bradley, who was named to the U.S. 30-man provisional roster and will leave to meet up with the American camp after Wednesdays game in Vancouver, said he was disappointed for his club teammate. "He and I have developed a really good relationship since weve come (to Toronto), both on the field and off the field," said Bradley, who along with Defoe, joined Toronto FC in a big-money off-season deal. "Ive seen first-hand what a great player he is, what a great person he is and I know how much it meant to him, so on a personal level I know were all really disappointed for him. "Hes taken it exactly how youd expect -- committed and ready to keep going, keep fighting, keep scoring goals here and do as much as he can to help us win in Toronto." With about a month to go before the World Cup, Defoe said he will continue to work hard in MLS and see what happens. "Its still a long way to go. You never know what happens, people get injured, but at the same time if it doesnt happen, then it doesnt happen," he said. "I wish the team good luck, all the young players that are in the squad, I wish them good luck because Ive had that experience, been at a World Cup, and its the best feeling ever. Its special." 20:21ET 13-05-14 Cheap Davon House Jersey . Rob Klinkhammer and Mikkel Boedker scored 63 seconds apart in the first period for the Coyotes, who handed the Kings their third straight loss and took over sole possession of eighth place in the Western Conference. Mike Smith made 36 saves. Cheap JK Scott Jersey . Virtanen opened the scoring at 6:45 of the first period, then gave Canada a two-goal lead with a power-play goal 1:03 into the second. Sweden cut the lead in half when Daniel Muzito Bagenda scored a power-play goal at 10:57 of the second. http://www.cheappackersjerseyselite.com/?tag=cheap-tramon-williams-jersey . Mike Babcock has turned to the Montreal Canadiens goalie over Roberto Luongo, who backed Canada to a gold medal in Vancouver in 2010, for Canadas final preliminary round game against the ailing Finns.Ladies boss Scott Rogers insists Liverpool are in great shape and has praised the one-club mentality Jurgen Klopp has helped instill since his arrival at Anfield 13 months ago. The 30-year-old, who stepped up from his role as Matt Beards assistant to take charge of Liverpool Ladies in October last year, was invited to Melwood by Klopp last month to watch the first-team train and talk tactics.It was a fantastic opportunity for me as a young coach to tap into his knowledge and experience, Rogers told Sky Sports at Liverpool Ladies end-of-season awards dinner at Anfield. Rogers says Liverpool are in a very positive place I learnt a lot in the time that I spent with him. He was very welcoming and said that we [my assistant Phil Backhouse and I] can come down whenever we want and that just shows the one-club mentality we have here at Liverpool, and the fact that hes prepared to support me and my staff in our development.Im told that at every club that Jurgen has been at he has adopted this one-club mentality. Hes a big believer in that its one big family. I think were in a very positive place as a football club - both the mens and the womens teams - and thats down to everyone at the club. Liverpool and Liverpool Ladies launched the 2016-17 kit together (pic: Liverpool FC) Liverpool sit top of the Premier League for the first time since 2014, despite rivals Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal dwarfing their transfer spending over the summer.Jurgen buys into the team ethic. You dont the need the most money in the world. Its only 11 v 11 on the pitch, Rogers added.If you can get the players to buy into how you want to play, and your philosophies and beliefs, you can be successful. Hes come in and freshened the place up and the football is exciting again. Cheap Mike Daniels Jersey. he way the mens team is playing at the minute is fantastic, arguably they are the best in the league and hes been a breath of fresh air. Caroline Weir was named Fans Player of the Season and was presented with her award by ex-gymnast Beth Tweddle Klopp paid tribute to Ladies skipper Gemma Bonner via a pre-recorded video message shown on the big screen at the Beautiful Game Suite inside Liverpools new Main Stand during Monday nights awards.Two-time title winning captain Bonner was presented with a special recognition award for her service to the club and Rogers is banking on the Leeds-born central defender to feature prominently for his side going forward.Gemma has been fantastic for me and has put a lot of trust in me as a young manager by signing a new contract [last November], he said. Liverpool legend John Aldridge with award winners Sophie Ingle and Gemma Bonner (R) Shes bought into what I want to do, shes a great role model for the club and I want to keep her here long-term.Rogers was also full of praise for Wales international Sophie Ingle who scooped the Players Player of the Year award after a sterling debut season at the club following her move from Bristol at the turn of the year.Sophie has been brilliant, Rogers admitted. I knew what I was getting when I signed her. Her passing range is unbelievable and she really doesnt know how good she is. Shes a fantastic footballer who reads the game really well and can play in numerous positions. Also See: Liverpool video Liverpool fixtures Liverpool stats Get a £10 free bet! Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz