Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 77 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
panxing18 Offline

Abbil

05.09.2018 05:44
t are frustrated wi Antworten

The Chicago Bears hired former Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress as an offensive consultant and finalized new coach Matt Nagy's staff.

Childress coached the Vikings from 2006-10 and worked alongside Nagy as a member of Andy Reid's staff in Kansas City from 2013-17. Childress announced his retirement after the season. But the lure of working with Nagy apparently was strong.

The Bears said Tuesday that Dave Ragone will return as quarterbacks coach J.J. Jansen Jersey , Charles London will coach running backs and Mike Furrey will coach receivers. The defensive staff returns intact, with Bill Shuey joining as a quality control coach.

The Bears also hired Jason Loscalzo as strength and conditioning coach and Andre Tucker as a trainer.

Chicago announced last month that Vic Fangio would return for a fourth season as defensive coordinator. The Bears also hired former Oregon coach Mark Helfrich as offensive coordinator, Chris Tabor as special teams coach, Harry Hiestand as offensive line coach and Kevin Gilbride as tight ends coach.

Chicago fired former coach John Fox after going 5-11 and finishing last in the NFC North for the fourth straight year.

Edmonton Oilers CEO and vice chair Bob Nicholson still has full confidence in general manager Peter Chiarelli.

The same can’t exactly be said for head coach Todd McLellan and his staff.

Nicholson addressed reporters in Edmonton on Thursday and stated that he believes Chiarelli, also president of hockey operations Todd Gurley II Jersey , is still the right guy to lead the Oilers’ front office and isn’t going anywhere – despite Edmonton missing the playoffs for the second time in three seasons under his guidance.

However, when asked about McLellan or his assistants returning for 2018-19, Nicholson would only say the organization still has some thinking to do heading into the offseason.

”We will have a plan coming out in the near future with how we are moving forward,” Nicholson said. ”I think we want to do an evaluation and make the decisions we think are right. We are going through the process with not just the coaches, but everyone within hockey operations and (Oilers Entertainment Group) staff.

”It’s all being evaluated.”

The Oilers entered the 2017-18 season with high expectations Jacob McQuaide Jersey , but things quickly went downhill after they started 3-6-1 in October and chased the pack the rest of the way.

Despite another strong outing from superstar forward Connor McDavid – who earned his second straight league scoring title – the Oilers had a 25-point drop in the standings from the previous season, when they made the playoffs for the first time since 2006 with 105 points.

Edmonton finished 23rd this season with a 36-40-6 record. The Oilers were 25th in goals against, last on the power play and 25th on the penalty kill.

Nicholson plans to discuss coaches with Chiarelli, but says the GM will have the most input in any coaching changes.

”On the whole it was a challenge for our coaches this year,” Chiarelli told reporters in Edmonton on Wednesday. ”I think Todd is a very good coach Marshall Newhouse Jersey , but we’re in a period of evaluation right now with him and his staff. Certainly we didn’t perform the way we expected.”

Nicholson hired Chiarelli in April 2015 after he was let go by the Boston Bruins. Chiarelli brought in McLellan only a month later to be Edmonton’s sixth coach since 2010. Despite regressing in numerous ways over the course of a season, Nicholson is optimistic in Chiarelli’s vision.

”Yes we had a down year, but I really believe when I talk to Peter he has a plan to get us back in the playoffs next year,” Nicholson said. ”Our goal is to make the playoffs next year.”

Nicholson mentioned that he’s met with season ticket holders that are frustrated with the organization. He also says team owner Daryl Katz is: ”disappointed, angered and wants us to get it right.”

McLellan is 114-109-23 in three seasons with Edmonton.

Nicholson won’t hint at when an announcement on the coaching staff will be made.

”From my own personal side of it I’m not a person that’s going to rush it T.J. Jones Jersey , we’ll announce it when we are ready,” Nicholson said. ”I’m not going to put a timeline on it.”

More NHL hockey: Robert Williams Jersey ,

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz