Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

15.09.2018 05:55
MONTREAL - The Bell Centre was sombre and almost silent as hundreds of fans paid tribute on Sunday to legendary Canadiens captai Antworten

MONTREAL - The Bell Centre was sombre and almost silent as hundreds of fans paid tribute on Sunday to legendary Canadiens captain Jean Beliveau. Trumaine Johnson Jets Jersey .A line had started to form hours before the doors opened on the first of two days of public viewing for one of the most admired and respected players in Canadiens history.When the doors opened, they moved slowly down a flight of stairs to ice level, where Beliveau, who died on Tuesday at 83, lay in a closed casket at centre ice attended by his wife Elise, daughter Helene and granddaughters Magalie and Mylene and other family members.Photograghs on giant banners, one depicting a young Beliveau holding the Stanley Cup and the other when he was older lifting a torch, as well as a banner with his famous No. 4 served as a backdrop.It was wonderful, said former teammate Dickie Moore, who visited Beliveau often during the illness that preceded his death. I think Jean would love to stand up and say thank you.Its a sad day. Elise has got to be commended. Really, she did a great job with Jean. She did everything for him. Its a shame.Beliveaus wife greeted every mourner who passed, which is how Beliveau would have liked it. The player known as Le Gros Bil was known never to refuse an autograph or turn away and admiring fan.The top level of the arena was ringed with lighted copies of his famous signature, which unlike many celebrity autographs today was perfectly legible. The trophies he won as a player — the Stanley Cup, plus the Hart, Art Ross and Conn Smythe — were also on display.Another touch was having Beliveaus jersey on the seat behind the Montreal bench where he watched nearly every Canadiens game.He was a heck of a skater, a heck of a hockey player and a great individual, said Moore. You had to follow him and you couldnt go wrong. He gave so much to the game.Moore, Yvan Cournoyer, Rejean Houle and other former Canadiens paid their respects, as did Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard and Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre.Beliveau won 10 Stanley Cups as a player with the Canadiens from 1950 to 1971 and another seven as an administrator. In 1,125 career regular season games, he had 507 goals and 712 assists.But he is best remembered as an iconic team captain, and for the grace and class he exuded away from the rink.Couillard recalled getting the autographs of Beliveau and other Canadiens when he was a teenager.To me he summarizes elegance, confidence, and the image of what we would like ourselves to be, said Couillard. I think I can speak for all Quebecers presenting my sympathies to the family.Asked what he felt Beliveaus life represented, Couillard said confidence.It was at a time when Francophone Quebecers in particular needed much more confidence in themselves and I think he was one of the elements that created that confidence, he said. For this, we are immensely grateful.He was not only a great athlete and player, he was a great man, a great Quebecer and a great Canadian.It was a difficult week for the Canadiens, who had lost Gilles Tremblay, a speedy left winger from the 1960s, to an illness only days before Beliveau died.Cournoyer, who once played on a line with both Beliveau and Tremblay, did his best to keep his emotions under control as he met with the media after the viewing.When I started with the Montreal Canadiens, he was my first captain, said Cournoyer. I always called him not Jean, but my captain.I had a chance to win my first Stanley Cup with Jean, I had a chance to dress beside him and I roomed a lot with Jean. For me, he was like a father. He called me his son many times. OK son, lets go to bed. I was the youngest and he was the oldest, we have 12 years difference. Jean, for me, was everything.He loved Montreal. We grew up with our fans in Montreal. It was close to being our house, the Montreal Forum and the Bell Centre. Everywhere you go, people want talk to you. Everyone who talked to Jean, they can talk with him for hours.George Gillett, who owned the Canadiens from 2001 to 2009, said Beliveau taught him about the team, its history and its place in the community.Its a sad day, said Gillett. The man had more style than anyone I ever met and was a very special friend.Many who came were dressed in the Canadiens red, white and blue jersey.Its important for me to come because, of course I didnt see him play because of my age, but its important for people to have someone to get behind and put aside all the differences between us, said one young woman dressed head to toe to Canadiens gear. I think thats why so many people are here today, because he was such a big part of our history.A funeral is to be held Wednesday at Mary Queen of the World Cathedral near the Bell Centre.Note to readers: This is a corrected story. A previous version stated that Beliveau won the Lady Byng trophy instead of the Art Ross. Trenton Cannon Jersey ... as usual. Even with the salary cap being set lower than many general managers expected and hoped for at $69 million and whats considered a shallow pool of top-end players available, this unrestricted-free-agent period figures to follow the familiar script of teams bidding up prices to keep up with each other. Terrelle Pryor Sr. Jets Jersey . New York secured second place in the Metropolitan Division when the Philadelphia Flyers lost at Tampa Bay later Thursday. The Rangers will face either the Flyers or Columbus in the opening round of the post-season. The Rangers struggled throughout against the lowly Sabres and goalie Matt Hackett, who played in just his seventh NHL game of the season. http://www.authenticjetsfootballonline.com/authentic-chris-herndon-jets-jersey/ . Lupul injured the hand in a fall at practice on Thursday. He will wear a cast for a minimum of 10 days before he can put a glove back on it and get some mobility back, said Carlyle, who added the winger wont go on the teams upcoming road trip.1. The man in charge of hockey decisions for the Toronto Maple Leafs is...? A. Dave Nonis B. Brendan Shanahan C. Dave Shanahanonis 2. Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is...? A. A racist B. Not a racist C. Creepy 3. Toronto Blue Jays infielder Brett Lawrie belongs at...? A. Third base B. Third base C. Third base (Just making a point) 4. The way to improve NHL games is to add...? A. Coachs challenges B. Bigger nets C. Squirt guns 5. The truth about Martin Kaymers sensational par putt on the 17th hole at The Players Championship is that...? A. He knew he would make it B. He was hoping he would get close C. He was asking himself "How bad does it look if I bogey on this stupid hole without going into the water?" 6. Canada lost to France at the World Hockey Championship and the only thing more embarrassing would have been to...? A. Lose to a team worse than France B. Rip the shootout (which they did) C. Celebrate a win over France 7. Among those hoping that the Pittsburgh Penguins blow a 3-1 series lead against the New York Rangers are...? A. The New York Rangers B. The Secret Society of Sidney Crosby Haters C. The San Jose Sharks 8. On November 16, when the Houston Texans play the Cleveland Browns, and Jadeveon Clowney is chasing Johnny Manziel, you will hope that...? A. He catches him B. Manziel escapes C. Clevelands next quarterback isnt watching if the result is "A" 9. Deputy Mayor Norm Kelly declared May 12 “Raptors Day” in the city of Toronto because...? A. The Raptors made the city proud B. The Leafs didnt C. Rob Ford wasnt available 10. The Leafs want to trade captain Dion Phaneuf because...? A. This season was his fault B. Last season was his fault C. Next season will be his fault 11. For escaping a ninth inning that included one run allowed, followed by a bases-loaded, none-out jam,, St. Isaiah Crowell Jersey. . Louis Cardinals closer Trevor Rosenthal should have earned...? A. His 10th save of the season B. A demotion C. Membership in Harry Houdinis Society of American Magicians 12. Shelly Sterling should be allowed to keep her half of the Clippers because...? A. She loves the Clippers B. She doesnt love her husband C. She never said any of the things that Donald Sterling doesnt remember saying 13. Instead of kissing his boyfriend, some think Michael Sam should have celebrated his NFL Draft selection by kissing...? A. The air B. The ground C. Mel Kiper, Jr. 14. One look at Darryl Sutters face and you...? A. Arent sure if the Los Angeles Kings are winning or losing B. Cant wait for the next expression C. Want to add captions 15. This years "Mr. Irrelevant" at the three day-long NFL Draft was...? A. A Memphis free safety named "Whats His Name?" B. Lonnie Ballentine C. Truly irrelevant 16. In Game 7 at Boston, it would help the Montreal Canadiens if they...? A. Scored first B. Kept scoring on the power play C. Put Ginette Reno on the team bus 17. The best reason not to hit “send” on Twitter these days is...? A. Youve mentioned Michael Sam in a negative way B. Youve mentioned the St. Louis Rams in a negative way C. Youre a member of the Miami Dolphins 18. The biggest reason the Brooklyn Nets lost Game 4 to the Miami Heat was...? A. Ray Allens key free throws B. Chris Boshs key three-pointer C. LeBron Jamess key 49 points 19. Donald Sterling would be wise to tape...? A. No more conversations B. No more TV interviews C. His mouth shut 20. And finally….Joe Maddon wants his Tampa Bay Rays to know more about Woodstock because...? A. He never did until recently B. Crosby, Stills and Nash were new and great C. The Rays are in last place and people forgot their worries at Woodstock Cheap Chargers Hoodies Cheap Browns Hoodies Cheap Texans Hoodies Cheap Ravens Hoodies Cheap Panthers Hoodies Cheap Jets Hoodies Cheap Titans Hoodies Cheap Chiefs Hoodies Cheap Bills Hoodies Cheap Colts Hoodies Cheap Cardinals Hoodies Cheap Buccaneers Hoodies Cheap Rams Hoodies Cheap Jaguars Hoodies Cheap Falcons Hoodies Cheap Bengals Hoodies ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz