Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 150 mal aufgerufen
 Forum
LHX1990 Offline

Dobluth

02.07.2018 05:00
Villar homered again off Joe Smith (1-1) Antworten

TORONTO -- For the second time in as many games, a big fourth quarter saved the day for Canada. While Brady Heslip broke the game open in Thursdays victory over Jamaica, Andy Rautins got in on the action Saturday, scoring eight of his 11 points in the final quarter. Rautins came up big as Canada stormed back from a 17-point deficit to defeat Jamaica 77-72 and complete a sweep of the Jack Donohue International Classic. "As a leader on the team, as an older veteran a guy on the team, thats the role I need to play," Rautins said. "To bring that energy, to bring that shooting. Thats what we did tonight and we gutted it out and got a great win." Desperate for scoring in the fourth quarter, head coach Jay Triano paired Rautins with Brady Heslip in hopes of stretching the floor with two shooters in the lineup. It paid off. "Andys a scorer and we needed points," Triano said. "We had planned before this game on not playing him in the first half, we needed to look at other guys, but in the second half we knew that if they played zone wed need those two guys." Playing without Samardo Samuels, who missed the game with a tweaked hamstring, Jamaica looked like a different team than Thursdays iteration. The visitors connected from beyond the arc early and exposed Canadas lack of shooters on the floor. Leading 26-25 after the opening quarter, Jamaica stretched its lead to 49-37 at the half after making eight of 11 attempts from deep before halftime. "I give them a lot of credit, they shot the ball extremely well in the first half," Triano said. "Our defence held them to nine 1/8points 3/8 in the fourth quarter. We clamped down at the end when we had to and thats what were trying to do, we just need to do it from the beginning of the game." Veterans Levon Kendall and Jermaine Anderson helped Canada trim the deficit to nine at the end of three quarters. Thompson, who plays for the Cleveland Cavaliers and was named player of the game, scored his 16 points on 6-for-11 shooting. He also had 10 rebounds. "Its huge," Rautins said of Thompsons impact. "Offensive rebounding is huge for him. Its what he does. He makes a lot of money doing that. Were going to need him to do that for us game in and game out. Hes done a great job of improving his hook game. Even switching to his right hand, hes still knocking down shots." The game was intense from the opening tip and players let the officials know their thoughts on the non-calls as the game wore on. While it is an adjustment for NBA players like Thompson, Cory Joseph and Andrew Nicholson to get used to the officiating in the international game, veterans with experience abroad spent their time on the sidelines encouraging their teammates from the bench. "Having played in the NBA, having played overseas, its like a different world," Rautins explained. "The international game, its like another world. Its almost like a rugby match out there." Patrick Ewing Jr. led the way for Jamaica, scoring a game-high 20 points in the loss. Hydro Flask Store Sale . And follow TSN.ca right through Deadline Day for all the updates. From Pierre LeBrun While Anaheim GM Bob Murray said earlier this season he was not going to trade Jonas Hiller despite the fact hes an unrestricted free agent on July 1, some sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun that Murray might be willing to move another goalie. Lava Hydro Flask . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year. http://www.cheaphydroflaskstore.com/purple-hydro-flask.html . -- Washington Redskins tight end Fred Davis was charged Thursday with driving while intoxicated, a day after he was suspended for an NFL substance-abuse policy violation. Hydro Flask 40 Oz Graphite . Burris threw two TD passes, including a key 15-yard fourth-quarter strike to Bakari Grant that effectively countered a Toronto comeback bid and led Hamilton to a 33-19 victory. Hydro Flask 40 Oz Black . Artturi Lehkonen, Joni Nikko and Ville Leskinen had the other goals for Finland (1-0) while Juuse Saros stopped 28 shots. Tim Robin Johnsgard had the lone goal for Norway (0-2). MILWAUKEE -- The Chicago Cubs acquired Mike Montgomery in July with the intention of bolstering their bullpen.An injury prompted him moving into the rotation and in his fourth start with the Cubs on Wednesday night, Montgomery turned in five strong innings, allowing one run and two hits.He didnt factor into the decision as the Cubs lost to the Brewers 2-1, sparked by Jonathan Villars two home runs and a game-saving catch by Keon Broxton in the ninth.(Montgomery) was really good, Cubs manager Joe Maddon said. The hanging changeup to Villar, that was the pitch that hurt us. But good curveball, good changeup, good fastball.Montgomery, acquired from Seattle in a four-player trade, gained a spot in the starting rotation when John Lackey went on the disabled list with a shoulder problem. He remained in the rotation after Lackeys return on Sunday as the Cubs have temporarily opted to go with a six-man rotation.Montgomery faced the minimum number of batters through three innings.I felt a little better than the last couple outings, Montgomery said. I just wanted to go out and attack guys a little better, and get ahead. I made a mistake to Villar, but I felt good about (the outing).Milwaukee, which took two of three in the series, got its first hit when Villar homered leading off the fourth. Villar homered again off Joe Smith (1-1), the sixth Chicago pitcher, leading off the eighth.Corey Knebel (1-2) pitched a scoreless inning in relief to get the win. Tyler Thornburg notched his ninth save in 13 chances.With one out in the ninth, Rizzo hit a drive to deep center. Broxton drifted back and jumped above the wall to make the catch.I knew I hit it well, it just wasnt carrying as much as it was yesterday, Rizzo said. (Broxton) made a nice play.Maddon said he knew that ball would carry to the fence as soon as it was hit.That kid, Broxton, hes so athletic thhat he was able to go over it, he said.ddddddddddddThe Cubs loaded the bases with one out in the first against Milwaukee starter Matt Garza, but failed to score.Garza, facing his former team for the second time this season, retired 14 of 15 batters at one point before giving up the solo home run to Rizzo with two outs in the sixth.He made that one mistake to me on the slider but other than that, he really pitched us well, Rizzo said.Garza gave up one run and three hits in six innings.Milwaukee won for just the sixth time in the last 28 games against the Cubs.SLIDING BYRyan Braun tried to stretch a single into a double in the fourth but slid past second base and was called out when Cubs second baseman Ben Zobrist applied the tag.TRAINERS ROOMCubs: Reliever Justin Grimm left the game with an undisclosed illness after facing one batter in the sixth. ... Maddon thought about resting Rizzo but reconsidered. Watching him yesterday, he didnt look tired so I put him back in. I thought the day before (Monday) his bat looked a little bit off, Maddon said. But with the night game after the day game he got some good rest. We have a day off (Thursday) so I chose to play him today.UP NEXTCubs: Jon Lester (15-4, 2.61 ERA) gets the start as Chicago opens a three-game series at Houston on Friday. Lester took a no-hitter into the seventh inning in his last start on Friday against San Francisco and finished with a complete game three-hitter. He will make his second career start against Houston and first since June 2008.Brewers: Junior Guerra (7-3, 2.85 ERA) will take the mound as Milwaukee opens a four-game series at St. Louis on Thursday. Guerra is 0-2 with a 4.50 ERA in two career starts against St. Louis, both coming this season. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz