Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
chenyan94 Offline

Abban

26.09.2018 10:39
can be a better team Antworten

Cam Newton has already been good at football. His new offensive coordinator thinks he can make him something he hasn’t been 鈥?efficient.

Longtime offensive coordinator Norv Turner said he likes what he’s seen from the former MVP so far this offseason http://www.broncoscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-case-keenum-jersey , and thinks he can help him become more accurate.

Newton has accomplished great things without ever being described as a precision passer. He’s topped 60.0 percent completions once in his career (2013) and has a 58.5 career percentage.

“I see Cam as a guy that can be in the mid- to high-60s in the completion percentage,” Turner said, via David Newton of ESPN.com.

The Panthers moved into phase three of OTAs this week, which allows Newton to do more 7-on-7 and 11-on-11 work against teammates. But through the individual work Turner has been able to do, he has been impressed. And he walked in the door with a high opinion of his new quarterback already.

“To me, Cam is one of the three or four 鈥?if not THE hardest 鈥?guys to defend in the league,” Turner said. “Coaches spend extra time when they play against Cam Newton because he can beat you in so many different ways.

“Our intention is to expand on those things that he can do well and things he may not have been exposed to yet.”

It helps that they brought in some more help for him this offseason Golden Tate Jersey White , beyond upgrading from Mike Shula to Turner. They remade their receivers room for a threadbare bunch in last year’s playoffs, adding veterans Torrey Smith and Jarius Wright and using their first-round pick on D.J. Moore. Coupled with extending tight end Greg Olsen and signing a 1,000-yard running back in C.J. Anderson to complement Christian McCaffrey, the Panthers are suddenly deeper at the skill positions than they’ve been in some time.

Now they just have to adapt those pieces to Newton’s particular gifts, if they want to fulfill Turner’s goal.

Indians reliever Andrew Miller threw off the mound Wednesday at Progressive Field, a major stride in his recovery from knee inflammation.

”Really well,” manager Terry Francona said describing Miller’s workout http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-leonard-fournette-jersey , which was closely observed by pitching coach Carl Willis. ”I think every time he throws, he takes a step in the right direction.”

Miller has been on the disabled list since May 26, and the left-hander’s absence has had a detrimental effect on Cleveland’s bullpen, which entered Wednesday’s series finale against Cincinnati with the AL’s highest ERA.

On Tuesday, Indians closer Cody Allen and Dan Otero couldn’t protect a 4-0 lead as the Reds rallied for a 7-4 win.

Miller has been throwing off a bullpen mound, but the Indians moved his workout onto the ballpark’s main mound so the team could better use monitoring equipment to track his mechanics, velocity and location.

Francona said the next step for Miller before he returns to the Indians – and that won’t be until after the All-Star break – is to pitch to hitters and it’s possible he could do that as early as this weekend against players from Double-A Akron.

At this point http://www.jaguarscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-jalen-ramsey-jersey , the most important thing is for Miller to pitch in a game.

”It’s been a while now,” Francona said. ”He needs to pitch. I think for his own well-being. Not coming in with bases loaded. We rely on him so much. We’re fortunate that it’s July and we have time to let him get on a roll. Because we’ve all seen what he can do when he gets on a roll. We’ve just got to do it right. And up to this point we have. I think we’re going to get rewarded for it at some point because he’s going to help us a ton.”

Miller nearly carried the Indians to a World Series title in 2016. The club is hoping a healthy Miller can be just as valuable in the postseason again.

While he’s been out, Cleveland’s relievers have struggled as a whole. But Francona hopes the other pitchers – and Miller – will benefit from his time away.

”Last night was a bad night and I mean we gave up a four-run lead, it hurts on a number of fronts, especially the way it ended,” he said. ”I think they’re OK. I think they know he’s coming and it will certainly help us. In the meantime, I think way back when this first happened http://www.texanscheapshop.com/cheap-authentic-j.j.-watt-jersey , I remember saying I think in the long run it will make guys better and I believe that.

”I think we’ll be better for it. Our record might not be, but when we get fully healthy we can be a better team.”

As the Indians wait for Miller, their bullpen got one piece back as Tyler Olson was activated from the 10-day disabled list after being sidelined with a strained back muscle. To open a roster spot, the club designated veteran left-hander Marc Rzepczynski for assignment.

Olson gives Francona a dependable option against lefties.

Tennessee Titans Elite Jerseys

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz