Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

05.10.2018 08:26
TORONTO -- Drew MacIntyre knows the significance of his record-setting win Sunday. [url=http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens- Antworten

TORONTO -- Drew MacIntyre knows the significance of his record-setting win Sunday. Michael Crabtree Jersey . The Toronto Marlies goalie made 30 saves in a 6-4 victory over the Abbotsford Heat, surpassing former Leafs prospect Justin Pogge in the record books with his single-season franchise best 27th win. "Its cool. Its an honour," said MacIntyre. "I dont take stuff like that lightly. Ive been in this league for a while so those kinds of things are nice." Marlies head coach Steve Spott said the game puck will be going to his star goaltender. "Its a special night for him and his family," Spott said. "Hes done so much for this organization on and off the ice. He really embodies what I think our organization is all about." Pogge, who now plays for Bofors IK in the Swedish Division 1 league, set the record during the 2008-09 season. "Good goalie. We had lots of battles I remember," said MacIntyre of Pogge. "Big guy and it wasnt easy to beat him." Leivo picked up the game-winner, giving Toronto a 5-4 lead at 9:51 of the third. He one-timed a shot from Greg McKegg from the side of the net, past Joni Ortio for his 18th of the season. "Great keep on by (Petter Granberg), kept it alive and it ended up with (McKegg) in the slot," said Leivo of the play. "He found me back door and I was fortunate enough to get it through that D-mans stick and put it into the net." Carter Ashton gave the Marlies a two-goal cushion at 16:19, beating Ortio for his 16th of the season. Toronto (41-20-6) had second-period goals from T.J. Brennan, Jamie Devane, McKegg and Tyler Biggs. Max Reinhart, Brett Olson, Ben Street and Shane OBrien responded for Abbotsford (37-25-7). Ortio, who was making his third straight start, made 21 saves in the loss. The win stretches Torontos unbeaten streak to five games (4-0-1). The Marlies also won two of three over a three-game, three-night stretch this weekend. The loss, meanwhile, halted Abbotsfords win streak at two games. Abbotsford and Toronto combined for eight goals in a 16:40 span of the second heading to the third tied 4-4. Brennan opened the scoring, on a power play, with his team-leading 22nd goal of the season at 3:15. The fourth meeting between the two teams, and second in a week, was a heated affair with the physical play reaching its peak near the six-minute mark of the second. Heat forward Tim Miller caught Marlies defenceman Andrew MacWilliam with a big open-ice, shoulder-to-chest hit leaving the Toronto blue-liner struggling to get up. MacWilliam was helped to the bench and did not return. Spott said MacWilliam suffered a concussion as his head took a good bump when he fell to the ice. MacWilliams injury left the Marlies, who dressed just five defenceman because Eric Knodel was suffering from the flu, with just four blue-liners for over half the game. "Its definitely a different type of challenge," said Brennan of playing with four defencemen. "We had a ton of help from our forwards helping out. We played together as one unit and pulled out the win." Brad Staubitz caught Jordan Kremyr with an illegal check to the head and was assessed a minor penalty at 5:33 of the second period. Then 1:13 later, Kenny Ryan was penalized for slashing, giving Abbotsford a two-man advantage for 47 seconds. The Heat, who entered Sunday with the leagues sixth best road power play, scored twice. Reinhart tied it 1-1 at 7:04 on the two-man advantage. With Ryan still in the box, Olson tipped a Corey Locke 2-on-1 feed past MacIntyre at 8:43 giving the visitors their first lead of the game, 2-1. Street beat MacIntyre stick-side off a Staubitz neutral zone turnover, giving Abbotsford a 3-1 lead at 10:17 of the second. Toronto then scored three unanswered to take a 4-3 lead. Devane pulled Toronto to within one, one-timing a Jerred Smithson feed past Ortio at 10:34, and the Marlies tied it 3-3 at 11:48 as McKegg put home a loose puck off a scramble in front of Ortio for his 17th of the season. Biggs gave Toronto its second lead of the game at 18:37 of the second, beating Ortio in the slot. "It was nice being down 3-1 seeing the pushback that we had," said Spott. "We beat a very good hockey club here today. Theyre well coached, they play hard and we had to play our A-game. It was a good win by our team." However, with just five seconds remaining in the second period, OBrien tied it at four. Allan McPherson picked up his first career AHL point with an assist on the goal. Marlies leading point scorer Spencer Abbott left the game near the end of the second with an upper body injury and did not return. Spott said Abbott would undergo precautionary X-Rays. Notes: Marlies goaltender Garret Sparks was a healthy scratch as the team continues to carry three goaltenders. Toronto forward Brandon Kozun was a healthy scratch after taking a penalty late in Saturdays 2-1 shootout loss to Iowa. Frazer McLaren (hip flexor) is expected back at practice Tuesday and in game action Friday in Utica. Robert Griffin III Jersey . The freestyle skier from Calgary finished sixth in the qualification round with a total of 82.00 points. Groenewoud won a silver medal at the X Games last month, just over five weeks after undergoing double knee surgery. Baltimore Ravens Jerseys .Cullen scored the go-ahead goal at 13:47 of the third period and Nashville beat the slumping Dallas Stars 3-2 on Thursday in a game that wasnt decided until the last shot of the night. http://www.ravensrookiestore.com/Ravens-John-Brown-Jersey/ . "Weve given ourselves now a tougher task," said Carlyle after the Friday practice, the Toronto head coach notably chipper and upbeat throughout. "But the bottom line is we just have to win our share of games [and] not worry about what anybody else is doing.PARIS - Bordeaux coach Willy Sagnol has apologized for making disparaging comments about African players in football, although he still maintains they were misinterpreted against a backlash of widespread criticism.Sagnol, capped 58 times by France and a member of the team which lost the 2006 World Cup final, gave a question and answer session Tuesday to readers of Sud Ouest regional newspaper when the subject of African players was raised.The advantage of what I would call the typical African player is that he isnt expensive when you sign him, (he is) a player who is ready for combat, but football isnt just about that, Sagnol said.Explaining himself, he continued: Football is also (about) technique, intelligence. You need a bit of everything. You need Nordics too, Nordics are good.Speaking Thursday at a pre-match news conference ahead of Saturdays game with Lens, Sagnol tried to explain his comments.If by my lack of clarity, or my imperfect semantics, I may have shocked, humiliated or hurt people then I am sorry, Sagnol said. The interpretation that these people may have made does not reflect my way of thinking in any way or my humanist convictions.However, he said the comments made sense in a sporting context.When I spoke about the African (player) who is cheaper and ready for combat, I simply meant to talk about the young African player arriving in Europe with all of his will to win and often to escape from a precarious situation, Sagnol continued as he read from pre-prepared notes. Then, since we were in a debate about football, the intelligence I spoke of was obviously related to tactical intelligence. The forming of young players in Africa, probably because of a lack of financial means, or (lack) of infrastructure, isnt always as complete as whats available in Europe.Sagnol distanced himself from accusations that his viewpoint was offensive.In no way did I mean to talk about an individuals intelligence in the proper sense of the term. Willie Snead IV Jersey. Regarding certain accusations of racism, Im 37 (and) Ive spent 32 of them in a football dressing room. Ive never had a problem with anyone, the former Bayern Munich player said.But Lens coach Antoine Kombouare, who was born in New Caledonia, is among those who felt offended by Sagnol.Lets make things clear: this is not a case of him being clumsy. Hes really messed up, Kombouare said. What he said is serious. Its unacceptable. Explaining that an African player is cheaper ... I felt humiliated and hurt.The International League against Racism and Anti-Semitism (LICRA) strongly condemned Sagnol, as did former Marseille president Pape Diouf, who called for African players to boycott one round of French league games in protest.French Football Federation president Noel Le Graet, who formerly employed Sagnol as coach of Frances Under-21 side, defended him, while former teammate Lilian Thuram — an active anti-racism campaigner — was more measured.I played alongside Willy, hes somebody I respect. I know him very well, Thuram told Sud Ouest. I dont think you should put Willy Sagnol on trial, but you should put prejudice on trial. Each one of us harbours some prejudice, which is why people working in football, who have a certain exposure to the media, should be educated on this subject.Sagnols captain at Bordeaux is Senegal international Lamine Sane, who called Sagnols comments clumsy before defending him, as did club president Jean-Louis Triaud.He doesnt have any twisted ideas. He believes in all the black players in the team, Sane told French radio. We believe in him and we hope to go very far with him.Bordeaux forward Henri Saivet, who is black, told RMC radio that Sagnol apologized.We all now pertinently well that the coach is not a racist, Saivet said. Its true that, at first, we asked ourselves a few questions. But he explained how it happened. He apologized to the players. That was very important. Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Mets Jerseys Cheap Phillies Jerseys Cheap Nationals Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Brewers Jerseys Cheap Pirates Jerseys Cheap Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Padres Jerseys Cheap Giants Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz