Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
zxlbxj1 Offline

Abbil

04.07.2018 10:26
limitations with the increased innings Antworten

NEW YORK -- All thats left for Derek Jeter to do is say goodbye. Right now, though, the captain is still stewing over a lost season. New York was eliminated from playoff contention Wednesday, wasting a three-run lead in a 9-5 loss to Nelson Cruz and the AL East champion Baltimore Orioles. "Its tough. Its what you play for. Its a rough feeling," Jeter said. Jeter went 0 for 4 as the designated hitter in his next-to-last game home game, ending a seven-game hitting streak and dropping his average to .253. The Yankees (81-77) missed the playoffs in consecutive years for the first time since 1992 and 93. The only other time New York did not play in the post-season during in the retiring captains 20-season big league career was in 2008. "Its disappointing. Its frustrating," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "This is not where you want to be at this time of year." When Jeter is lauded by fans Thursday night -- weather permitting. Theres rain in the forecast -- for a career that included five of New Yorks 27 World Series titles, he will be playing his first game in the Bronx that has no implications on his teams playoff chances. (Jeter was out with an injury last year). "For the guys that are coming back and the team that plays its a feeling you shouldnt like and you shouldnt want to get used to," Jeter said. Baltimore remained 2 1/2 games behind the Los Angeles Angels, who beat Oakland 5-4, in the race for the ALs best record and home-field advantage throughout the post-season. Manager Buck Showalter sees Thursday night festivities as good preparation. "Not everywhere you play in the post-season is going to be a friendly environment," he said, "so it is good to have that kind of emotion going on before you get there." Cruz had two of his four singles and slugger Adam Jones a safety squeeze in a six-run fourth for Baltimore. As they have throughout the final homestand, fans stood, cheered and chanted "De-rek Je-ter!" for each of the captains at-bats during a rare September mid-week afternoon game. Even though Jeter was the designated hitter, the Bleacher Creatures included Jeter in the first-inning roll call. Jeter wasnt in the dugout to acknowledge them with the customary wave. Jeter was given an extended ovation after he tapped out to first base in the eighth but he remained seated in the dugout and did not come out for the curtain call. The game ended when Brett Gardner struck out looking with Jeter on deck. "The game wasnt over. We were trying to come back," Jeter said of the eighth. "You cant help but notice. I catch myself looking around sometimes and Ive always tried not to do that but Ive caught myself a couple of times." Bud Norris (15-8) fell behind 3-0 despite getting seven of his first nine outs by strikeout. He allowed a leadoff homer in the second to Stephen Drew then fanned five straight, a string stopped in the third inning with Chase Headleys long ball. Norris allowed three runs and five hits in six innings and struck out nine. Shane Greene (5-4) loaded the bases in the third but got Jones to ground into an inning-ending forceout. The rookie had no such success in the fourth inning, when the Orioles sent 11 men to the plate and scored three times with two outs. Mark Teixeira had an RBI double and two-run homer for New York. TRAINERS ROOM Orioles: Showalter said he exchanged texts with suspended 1B Chris Davis. Serving a 25-game ban following a positive test for an amphetamine, Davis reported to the Orioles complex in Sarasota, Florida, and will play in instructional games. Davis could return late in the post-season. Yankees: Girardi said Carlos Beltran (elbow) will not play the rest of the season. He will monitor Jacoby Ellsbury (hamstring) but it seems unlikely he will play in Boston. UP NEXT Baltimores RHP Kevin Gausman (7-7) and New Yorks RHP Hiroki Kuroda (11-9) are scheduled starters in the series finale. EAST BEAST Norris improved to 9-1 against the division in 14 starts, and Baltimore is 13-1 in those games. STARRY FAREWELL Stars were out to say goodbye to Jeter, though. Former teammates Tino Martinez, Gerald Williams and Cecil Fielder were on hand as was Mo Vaughn, the 1995 AL MVP with Boston. Willie Randolph, a former Yankees co-captain and coach, caught a foul ball behind home plate. NO CHEAP SEATS Tickets for Jeters final home game on the secondary market are going from $248 in the bleachers up to $10K in section 19, right next to the Yankees dugout. NO MORE HITS Louisville Slugger said in a news release it is retiring model number P72, the bat Jeter has used for his entire career. It will be renamed DJ2. Carlos Correa Jersey .C. Lions signed cornerback Dante Marsh to a contract extension on Friay and released receiver Paris Jackson. Andy Pettitte Astros Jersey . -- Green Bay wide receiver Greg Jennings will be on the sideline as the Packers make their push for a perfect regular season. http://www.authenticbaseballshopastros.c...Bagwell-Jersey/. 22 because of a bruised foot and have added forward Sean Collins to the roster on emergency recall from Springfield of the AHL. Tyler Clippard Astros Jersey . NORRIS COLE (Heat): Its funny, you watch a guy play and now really produce and it just jumps off the page at you - why? You put a young player with potential in a winning environment where there is veteran leadership, outstanding coaching and management and a way that things are done and its a wonderful environment for growth, improvement in a climate of constant accountability and expectation of achievement/production. Jose Cruz Jr. Astros Jersey .com) - Longtime Senators star Daniel Alfredsson returned to Ottawa on Thursday to officially announce his retirement.Left-hander Ross Detwiler will get his wish to start again from the Texas Rangers after he spent last season in Washingtons bullpen.Texas completed a deal Friday to acquire Detwiler from the Nationals for two minor league prospects, infielder Chris Bostick and right-hander Abel De Los Santos.I dont really look at it as them giving me up. I look at it as the Rangers really wanting me, and they were willing to give up some of their prospects for me, Detwiler said. I think its going to be a better fit for me. ... I didnt really see myself in a relieving role. I think I am a starter. Im just ecstatic to get another chance to start somewhere.Detwiler was in the bullpen all last season, working mostly in long relief and going 2-3 with a 4.00 ERA in 63 innings over 47 appearances. The former first-round draft pick was left off the Nationals post-season roster for the NL division series against the San Francisco Giants.When youve got a player thats motivated and maybe has some internal drive, internal motivation to go out there and perform, its usually a good thing, Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said.Detwiler has started 69 of his 132 major league games, all for the Nationals after they drafted him sixth overall in 2007. His career record is 20-32 with a 3.82 ERA.Not involved in the market for upper-tier free agents, Texas went into the off-season looking to add another experienced starter in its rotation with Yu Darvish, Derek Holland and Colby Lewis. The fifth spot will likely be left open for competition in spring training among seeveral young pitchers in the organization, including some who have already made a number of starts in the majors for Texas.ddddddddddddWhile Daniels likes the internal options for the fifth spot, he said there will always be more conversations about adding starting depth.I do feel this does take the edge off a little bit in that we feel like Ross can come in and give us some innings as a starter, he said.Detwiler, who is arbitration eligible and can become a free agent after next season, has been working out this off-season as he did in previous years. He doesnt expect any physical limitations with the increased innings needed to be a starter again.His best season was 2012 when he went 10-8 with a 3.40 ERA in 33 games (27 starts). He started Game 4 of the NL division series, which Washington needed to win to avoid elimination, and allowed an unearned run over six innings against St. Louis.The lefty was limited to 13 starts in 2013, when he went on the 15-day disabled list for a right back muscle strain and later ended the season on the 60-day DL because of a lower back strain.Daniels said there are no concerns about those back issues. The team reviewed medical records before completing the deal that got done during this weeks winter meetings in San Diego.Bostick was at High-A Myrtle Beach last season, where he hit .251 with 11 home runs and 62 RBIs in 130 games. De Los Santos pitched for Myrtle Beach and Class-A Hickory, going 5-3 with a 1.92 ERA and eight saves in 41 relief appearances combined for those two teams. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz