Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
zxlbxj1 Offline

Abbil

04.07.2018 10:37
had to face an extra hitter Antworten

DENVER -- Carlos Gonzalez has had an inconsistent season because of injuries. The 2010 batting champ showed what he can do when hes mostly healthy. Gonzalez homered, doubled and singled in his return to the lineup, and the Colorado Rockies snapped a five-game losing streak with a 13-4 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday night. It was Gonzalezs first four-hit game since he went 5 for 5 against Texas exactly three months ago. He sparked the team to a rare win since the All-Star break. "Hopefully its a sign that CarGos getting on track again," manager Walt Weiss said. "Weve seen him have a night like this many times. When he gets rolling its something to see." Corey Dickerson had four hits, drove in three and was a homer shy of the cycle. Mike McKenry also homered for Colorado. The Rockies hadnt won since beating the Cubs last week at Wrigley Field, but ended their struggles with a big sixth inning against starter Jake Arrieta (6-3). Trailing 4-3, the first seven batters had hits, including Gonzalezs 11th homer, a two-run shot that gave the Rockies a 6-4 lead. Gonzalez, who has played in just 67 games because of a number of ailments, had not started since aggravating his sprained right ankle in Detroit on Friday. Jordan Lyles (6-1) came off the 60-day disabled list to earn his first win since May 10. He allowed four runs on six hits in six innings in the first start by a Rockies right-hander in 21 games. Arrieta left after allowing pinch-hitter Brandon Barnes RBI single that made it 9-4. Kyuji Fujikawa came on and allowed the final run before retiring the side. "Guys were hacking at good pitches and taking the dirty pitches that he threw up there," Dickerson said. "We all had a pretty good plan." Arrieta, who had not allowed more than four runs in a game this season, gave up nine runs on 13 hits. The nine earned runs allowed matched a career high. "They took advantage of some kind of breaking, spinning stuff over the middle of the plate, just stuff that didnt have enough bite to it," Arrieta said. Colorado added four more runs off reliever Chris Rusin in the seventh on Dickersons two-run single and McKenrys two-run homer. "I was feeling it," Dickerson said. "Everyone was feeding off each other later in the game." Cubs leftfielder Chris Coghlan led off the game with a triple and scored on a sacrifice fly. He singled and doubled in his next two at-bats but walked in his last plate appearance to finish a home run shy of the cycle. Arismendy Alcantara made it 3-0 in the fourth with a two-run homer, his third of the season. WINDS OF CHANGE Lyles didnt sit idle in his two months off. The righty worked on a new changeup during his rehab and unveiled it against the Cubs. Lyles said he went from a circle change to a split change, and he thinks it could be a difference-maker for him. "Ive thrown it in three live (batting practice) sessions and two rehab starts and its been a plus pitch," he said. "Not one has been hit hard in those five appearances. The funny thing is the first one I throw Coghlan hits it for a triple. Im excited about that pitch." ITS NEVER OVER UNTIL ITS OVER Despite being down nine runs in the ninth inning, Cubs manager Rick Renteria challenged a play at first on the final out of the game. He felt pinch-hitter Junior Lake beat the relay throw from pitcher Brooks Brown to first and asked for a review. After 2 minutes, 1 second, the call was upheld. TRAINERS ROOM Cubs: Fujikawa came off the 60-day DL list before the game after missing nearly 14 months due to Tommy John surgery. He threw 10 pitches, hitting Charlie Blackmon with a pitch before getting out of the inning with a double play and a flyout. Rockies: Lefty Brett Anderson went on the 15-day disabled list because of a lower back strain. Anderson was injured on the first pitch of the fourth inning Tuesday night and left the game. He had trouble walking the rest of the night but was moving gingerly Wednesday. "Hes doing a little bit better today," manager Walt Weiss said. "With a back you never know. Well probably have to run some tests, but hes walking today." ON DECK Cubs: Right-hander Kyle Hendricks (2-1, 2.05) is the first Cubs rookie to record three consecutive quality starts since Casey Coleman had four straight in 2010. He allowed just one run in seven innings against the Dodgers on Friday. Rockies: Yohan Flande (0-3, 5.72) has seen plenty of the Cubs in a short time. He went 6 2-3 innings against them June 28 and took the loss despite allowing just two runs and striking out a career-high eight. Three days later, he pitched 1 2-3 innings of relief in the series final at Wrigley Field. Custom Seattle Seahawks Jerseys . The Canadian tennis players first full season on the WTA Tour was a strong one. She has risen to No. 32 in the world rankings and will likely be seeded at the first Grand Slam event of the 2014 season. Rasheem Green Jersey . On Friday night, after a long rain delay, he was scratched from his scheduled start. http://www.seahawksfansprostore.com/Blac...y.html?cat=1036. 4 jersey of former defenseman Rob Blake this coming season. The ceremony will take place prior to the Kings January 17 game against Anaheim. Rashaad Penny Seahawks Jersey Michael Dickson Seahawks Jersey . TSN Hockey Insiders Pierre LeBrun and Bob McKenzie both reported Thursday that there have been ongoing trade discussions between the Oilers and Los Angeles Kings over forward Sam Gagner.DETROIT -- The Detroit Tigers arent just winning games this week. They are making history. One night after Rajai Davis hit Detroits first game-ending grand slam in 10 years, Rick Porcello significantly raised the bar. In a 3-0 win over Oakland, Porcello became just the fourth pitcher in franchise history to throw a shutout without walking or striking out a batter, and the first since Dizzy Trout in 1944. Porcello was slightly disappointed by his 95-pitch outing, even after learning how rare it was. "In the last couple innings, I was hoping Id get at least one strikeout," he said. "I didnt want to go out there and put up a zero. Still, with a game like this, Im certainly not going to trade it in for anything." Porcello recorded 17 groundball outs and 10 in the air while becoming the first major-leaguer to accomplish the feat since Baltimores Jeff Ballard on Aug. 21, 1989. Porcello was eight months old when Ballard did it against Milwaukee. "To be honest, it was pretty boring out there," said Torii Hunter, who didnt record an out in right field. "But that just shows you how great he was tonight. He was throwing that sinker right down the middle, and it was dropping out of the strike zone, and they were just beating it into the ground." The As got three singles and a double, and only got one runner to third base. "Our guys were swinging at strikes, but everything was moving," Oakland manager Bob Melvin said. "Hes got a good sinker and a good change-up, and now hes mixing in a good breaking ball to keep you off balance. Thats just a very well-pitched game by him." Porcellos night might have been historic, but it certainly didnt come out of the blue. He pitched his first career shutout in his previous start, beating the Rangers on June 26, and pitched six shutout innings against Cleveland on June 20. "I dont want to jinx it," he joked when asked about his shutout streak. "All I know is that Im throwing the ball really well right now, Im making consistent pitches when I need them, and my defence is helping me out. Im also getting some good breaks, which every pitcher needs." Porcello (11-4) only had one career complete game before this stretch, but is now the first Tigers pitcher since Jack Morris to throw back-to-bback shutouts.dddddddddddd Morris threw three in a row in July, 1986. "Obviously, Rick is throwing the ball extremely well right now," Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said. "He had a great curveball and changeup tonight, and the sinker was better than that. It makes my job a lot easier when the starter has only thrown 88 pitches through eight innings." Brad Mills (1-1) took the loss for Oakland, allowing three runs on six hits and three walks in six-plus innings. The Tigers took a 1-0 lead in the fourth when Miguel Cabrera walked, took third on J.D. Martinezs double and scored on a groundout by Hunter. Oakland, in the meantime, was becoming the latest team to struggle for answers against Porcello, managing only two hits in the first six innings. Martinez, starting for the second straight night while Victor Martinez deals with soreness in his left side, made it 3-0 with a two-run homer in the sixth. After moving into the everyday lineup in early June, J.D. Martinez is hitting .376 with seven homers and 20 RBIs in 19 games. "I threw him a change, and I think he was sitting on it," Mills said. "I certainly didnt locate it where I wanted it." After that, the only suspense was if Porcello could finish off the shutout, and do it with a double-digit pitch count. He accomplished both, becoming the first Tigers pitcher to throw a shutout in under 100 pitches since Armando Galarraga in 2010. That was the game Galarraga had to face an extra hitter after first base umpire Jim Joyce blew the call on what should have been the last out in a perfect game. NOTES: Victor Martinez took batting practice before the game, and told Ausmus that he could play, but Ausmus decided to rest him for another day. ... Tigers 3B Nick Castellanos took full advantage of his position in Detroits shifted defence, picking up a pair of 5-3 assists while playing in short right field. ... Oakland C Derek Norris is getting closer to returning from a sore back, and could play in Wednesdays series finale. ... The time of the game was 2:13, meaning that a 7:08 start ended less than 10 minutes after sunset. ... As OF Yoenis Cespedes sat out after leaving Mondays game with a cramp in his hamstring, but Melvin said he will be available on Wednesday. Cheap NFL Jerseys Throwback Cheap Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Discount Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz