Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 48 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

17.10.2018 09:51
Canadian skip Cheryl Bernard feels she could still compete at an elite level for the next year or two. [url=http://www.juventusf Antworten

Canadian skip Cheryl Bernard feels she could still compete at an elite level for the next year or two. Alex Sandro Jersey . Shes just unsure whether she could still do it for a four-year Olympic cycle. That was one of the reasons why she announced her retirement from competitive curling on Tuesday, ending a career highlighted by four appearances at the national championships and an Olympic silver medal at the Vancouver Games in 2010. "When youve been there, thats really all you want is to get back," she said from her hometown of Calgary. "Its a funny thing, so I realize that." Bernard, 47, said she started to seriously consider retirement after losing the Alberta provincial final to Val Sweeting last January. "I really had to sit down and think," she said. "We came so close and that was a heartbreaker. Funny, Ive lost a few of them. And that one was without a doubt the worst because it would have just been a really neat way to maybe end the year and at least have a couple more years to look forward to." Bernard skipped Team Alberta at the Scotties Tournament of Hearts in 1992, 1996, 2007 and 2009. The best result for the Grande Prairie native was a runner-up finish in 1996 at Thunder Bay, Ont. One of her most memorable victories came over a decade later as she defeated Shannon Kleibrink in the final of the Olympic Trials in 2009 at Edmonton. At the Games, Bernard and her team of third Susan OConnor, second Carolyn Darbyshire (now McRorie), lead Cori Bartel (now Morris) and alternate Kristie Moore took top spot in the round robin at 8-1. They defeated Switzerland in the semifinal before dropping a 7-6 decision to defending champion Anette Norberg of Sweden in the final. Bernard had the final throw in the extra end but couldnt knock the two Swedish rocks out of the house and settled for second place. "I tried to really look at the positive that came out of that," Bernard said. "I really wanted to go through my life looking at it like our team won a silver and we didnt lose a gold." Both competitions provided lasting memories. "(The Trials) are kind of the pinnacle for Canada because its all the Canadian teams and its all your peers," she said. "Theyre both so up there in my memory and in my mind. Being able to stand on the (Olympic) podium in your own country. Ill never forget that, that was pretty neat." Now that shes retired, Bernard plans to spend more time with her family and continue her charity work and public speaking endeavours. She usually brings her silver medal along during her talks and the gold-medal game is a frequent discussion subject. "I relive it a lot," she said. "I talk about that and I have realized that sometimes youre lucky enough to win and sometimes youre lucky enough not to win. Because I think the things you get from a loss can sometimes be more educational, they can be more life-changing than the things when you win. "I think you look at a lot of different things after a loss and I think you can actually do a lot of good with that knowledge and see some really great life lessons. I really try to look at that as some great lessons I learned. I learned some amazing things about my teammates and about my family. You learn a lot when something doesnt maybe go exactly like you hoped." Bernard is excited to tackle some new challenges. She recently completed her first marathon and plans to work with World Vision and climb Mount Kilimanjaro to help children in Third World countries. "The marathon was something I really wanted to do and I trained the last five months for it," she said. "I absolutely loved focusing on a different sport. It felt so amazing to win a (participation) medal at a marathon. It was a nothing medal -- it was a completion medal, and it just felt so good. "I just thought, You know, Im missing trying to push myself at other things. So thats the next step." After a run of over two decades in the sport, Bernard is also quite proud of the friends she made along the way. "I always look back so much at the players," she said. "I look at the accomplishments of course and the highlights of winning the Trials and winning a silver medal and playing in an Olympics in Canada. I dont know if you can ever beat playing in an Olympics in your home country. "But I really look back at the people and the relationships that youve developed and the people youve influenced. I think those things maybe more make my career than the hardware." Stefano Sturaro Jersey .C., has been named Canadas top female official, winning the 2014 SOC Award of Excellence. Cranes career as a figure skating judge has spanned over 40 years. Rodrigo Bentancur Jersey .com) - Bayern Munich winger Xherdan Shaqiri is expected to miss the next two weeks because of a thigh injury. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Mario-Mandzukic-Jersey/ . -- The San Francisco 49ers have re-signed cornerback Perrish Cox to a one-year contract. BOSTON -- The new World Series championship banner was blowing stiffly from left field to right. The wind caught the bunting behind home plate and puffed it out like a pillow. And in the dugout, the Milwaukee Brewers were ready to end this game. "It was freezing," right fielder Logan Schafer said. "We were all really cold so we said, Hey, lets hurry up so we can go home." Khris Davis doubled in the 11th inning and scored on Schafers double on Saturday night as the Brewers beat the Red Sox 7-6 to hand Boston its second straight defeat. With a gametime temperature of 48 degrees that dropped into the 30s by the extra innings, when all but a few thousand or so fans had left, Davis had four of Milwaukees 19 hits. "My body is mad at me right now," he said. "Its hard to stay warm out there." Tyler Thornburg (1-0) earned the win with a perfect 10th inning. Burke Badenhop (0-1) came in to start the 11th and gave up Davis one-out double, then Schafer one-hopped the Green Monster between the left and centre fielders. Francisco Rodriguez struck out the side in the 11th for his second save. The Brewers led 3-0 and 6-2 before allowing Boston to come back with two errors that led to four earned runs. Milwaukee batters struck out 18 times -- the most for Boston at Fenway since Roger Clemens fanned 20 for the first time, on April 29, 1986. "You dont feel good about the game when its happening like that," Brewers manager Ron Roenicke said. Jean Segura and Aramis Ramirez each had three hits for the Brewers, who gave former NL MVP Ryan Braun the day off. Carlos Gomez and Mark Reynolds each hit a solo homer in the second inning -- the first hit of the season for Reynolds, who signed as a free agent this winter. The Brewers scored one in the first, two in the second and three in the third off Clay Buchholz, who gave up a career-high 13 hits and lasted only 4 1-3 innings. "It took a little bit to get loose. It was pretty cool out there," Buchholz said. "You dont want to give up that many hits ever. Theyre swinging early and putting balls in play." It was 6-2 before Boston came back on Mike Napolis threee-run homer in the third and an unearned run in the sixth. Medhi Benatia Jersey. Xander Bogaerts led off with a double and scored from third when Segura fumbled Jonathan Herreras slow roller at shortstop for an error. Ramirez also had an error at third base on Dustin Pedroias grounder that kept the third inning alive; one out later, Napoli homered to deep centre. The Brewers threatened in the eighth and again in the 10th, but both times Jonathan Lucroy lined out to Daniel Nava -- at two different positions. After scoring six runs in the first three innings, Milwaukee led off the fourth with back-to-back singles from Gomez and Segura. But Buchholz struck out Lucroy before Ramirez hit a long fly ball to centre field. Gomez tagged up and took third base and then tried to score, when second baseman Dustin Pedroia bobbled the throw from centre fielder Grady Sizemore. But Gomez was out at the plate to complete the inning-ending double play. The rally rescued Buchholz, who was 12-1 in an injury-plagued 2013 season, from matching his loss total from all of last year. The Brewers put the go-ahead run on third in the eighth inning against Brandon Workman when Segura singled with two outs, stole second and took third when A.J. Pierzynskis throw went into centre field. Lucroy lined the ball toward right field, but Nava leaped at first base to snare it and end the inning. Milwaukee also loaded the bases with two out in the 10th when Segura struck out but reached on a wild pitch. Lucroy hit one deep to right, but Nava had moved to the outfield and he went back to get that one, too. Notes: Braun was out of the lineup one day after going 0-for-5 on Friday in the series opener to extend his slump to 14 hitless at bats. He is 1-for-16 on the season. ... World Series MVP David Ortiz was not in the starting lineup for the Red Sox for the first time of the season. He pinch hit for Jackie Bradley Jr. in the ninth, but grounded out. ... The Red Sox shuffled their lineup repeatedly before the game, scratching Will Middlebrooks (right calf) and Mike Carp (lower back tightness). ... Red Sox closer Koji Uehara struck out all three batters he faced in the top of the ninth. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz