Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
dan yu Offline

Abbil

22.10.2018 03:28
will take the mound for the middle game of the series Antworten

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Dodgers made a surprising and much dissected decision to start Hyun-Jin Ryu over Clayton Kershaw in Game 1 of the NL Division Series.Swell choice.The South Korean left-hander pitched seven dominant innings and Los Angeles launched three home runs to beat the Atlanta Braves 6-0 on Thursday night. Ryu delivered in his first postseason start since 2014. He allowed four singles — all with two outs — struck out eight and walked none.“He was in control. There was a lot of soft contact http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-jose-ramirez-jersey ,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. “He was doing what he wanted to do. It was good to see, and we needed that one.”The only slip Ryu made was when he mistook the second out of the fourth inning for the last out and started walking toward the dugout. He laughed upon realizing the gaffe.The 31-year-old Ryu missed 3 1/2 months of the season with a groin strain and returned Aug. 15 to post a 1.88 ERA in 52 2/3 innings.“When he came back we weren’t sure who we were going to get,” teammate Enrique Hernandez said. “It seemed like he didn’t miss a beat.”Dodgers great Sandy Koufax was among those who gave Ryu a standing ovation as he walked to the dugout after his final pitch.“I’m happy that I was able to keep my promise that I would go full-throttle from the get-go,” Ryu said through a translator.Ryu even collected his first career postseason hit with a single in the fourth.The Dodgers set franchise and National League records by hitting 235 homers during the regular season, and their tear continued with three more to begin their playoffs. The defending NL champions actually were outhit 6-5 by Atlanta, but the Braves only got singles.“I don’t really feel like there’s anyone on this team that’s going up there trying to hit a home run,” said Max Muncy, who had a three-run shot with two outs in the second. “It’s just a result of us having a good approach and good at-bats. I feel like a lot of the home runs we’ve had have come off of long at-bats, working the counts and wearing the pitcher down.”Game 2 in the best-of-five matchup is Friday at Dodger Stadium, with Kershaw starting for Los Angeles against Anibal Sanchez.“A guy with his pedigree and his track record, we’re pretty excited to have him going tomorrow night,” Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner said of Kershaw.The Braves have lost eight straight series openers in the postseason. They haven’t won a Game 1 since 2001 when they went on to sweep Houston in the NLDS.Rookie Ronald Acuna Jr. struck out twice and went 0 for 4 as the Baby Braves were blanked. This was Atlanta’s first playoff appearance since 2013, when they lost to the Dodgers in four games. Joc Pederson’s leadoff shot in the bottom of the first rattled Mike Foltynewicz in his postseason debut.Foltynewicz gave up four runs and three hits in two innings. The right-hander struck out five and walked two. He got out of a two-out, bases-loaded jam in the first by striking out Yasiel Puig.“If you don’t have your fastball command, they’re going to spit on a lot of things, which they did tonight,” Foltynewicz said.He found trouble again in the second.With two outs, Foltynewicz hit Pederson and walked Justin Turner before Muncy sent a 1-0 pitch over the wall in center, making it 4-0.“That three-run home run was big for all of us, including me,” Ryu said. Hernandez hit a solo shot with two outs in the sixth off Brad Brach. Pinch-hitter David Freese added a sacrifice fly in the eighth.Ryu allowed a two-out single to Freddie Freeman in the first.After that, he retired 12 consecutive batters before a pair of two-out singles to Ender Inciarte and former Dodger Charlie Culberson in the fifth. Puig charged in on pinch-hitter Kurt Suzuki’s fly to right field to end the inning. The Braves didn’t advance a runner past second base in the game.Ryu gave up another two-out single to Ozzie Albies in the seventh. With fans on their feet waving blue towels and the crowd of 50,947 chanting his name, Ryu got Inciarte on a swinging strikeout to end the inning.“Typically we’re not a team that strikes out a lot Ronald Acuna Jr. Jersey , and I think that just the fastball command really kept us off-balance the whole night,” Braves manager Brian Snitker said.Relievers Caleb Ferguson, Alex Wood and Dylan Floro completed the shutout.AT HOMERyu was 5-2 with a 1.15 ERA in nine starts at Dodger Stadium in the regular season. The Dodgers went 7-2 in those games. That’s the lowest ERA among pitchers with 50 or more innings at home, according to STATS.UP NEXTRHP Anibal Sanchez (7-6, 2.83 ERA) starts Game 2 for Atlanta. He is 2-4 with a 2.79 ERA in seven postseason starts. He last pitched in the playoffs in 2014 with Detroit. Kershaw (9-5, 2.73) goes for the Dodgers. The veteran ace is 7-7 with a 4.35 ERA in 24 postseason games. He gave up four homers in Game 1 of last year’s NLDS, the most allowed by a Dodgers pitcher in playoff history. MINNEAPOLIS (AP) The Minnesota Twins lost two more teammates to trades before the game.They finished the night, at least, in a better mood.Mitch Garver drove in the winning run with a one-out double in the ninth inning, capping a 5-4 victory over the Cleveland Indians on Monday night and triggering the familiar bucket-dumping celebration in the infield after he rounded second base.The Twins had more cold water poured on their disappointing season in the afternoon, when reliever Zach Duke and starter Lance Lynn were sent away in separate deals for more minor leaguers.”That was a big win for us as a group, as a group of brothers,” Garver said. ”We lost some key guys to our team this year, and to come back and kind of put that one away and finish that game like is pretty exciting for us.”Jose Ramirez hit two home runs for Cleveland to match Boston’s J.D. Martinez for the most in the majors with 32, but the Indians fell to 3-7 against the Twins this season. The Twins still trail by eight games in the AL Central, not nearly close enough for the front office to halt the sell-off two-thirds of the way through this disappointing season. Eduardo Escobar, who thrived at third base while Miguel Sano was out, and reliever Ryan Pressly were dealt for prospects on Friday.”It’s really good way to start the series, especially with all the tumultuous things that have been going on,” manager Paul Molitor said.Sano, who hit an RBI single earlier and went 2 for 3 for his first hits in the majors since June 12, drew a walk to start the ninth against Neil Ramirez (0-1). Jake Cave advanced pinch-runner Ehire Adrianza with a sacrifice bunt. Then Garver delivered the deep drive to left-center field.Fernando Rodney (3-2) pitched a scoreless ninth, striking out Yonder Alonso with runners at second and third. He struck out Ramirez two batters before that.Twins starter Ervin Santana got one out in the sixth before being removed, allowing four runs on six hits and two walks http://www.bravesfanproshop.com/authentic-sean-newcomb-jersey , and gave up both of Ramirez’s homers before another solo shot by Yan Gomes that gave the Indians a 3-2 lead in the fifth.Jorge Polanco’s two-run single in the bottom of that inning against Shane Bieber put the Twins in front, but Santana lost the lead again when Cave made an ill-advised dive for a sinking line drive by Alonso to center field. That went for an RBI double to score Edwin Encarnacion from first base with one out.HOLD TIGHTBieber allowed four runs, three earned, on six hits in 6 1/3 innings, a sharp improvement from the seven runs in 1 2/3 innings he gave up to Pittsburgh last week.”I felt more like myself tonight,” Bieber said.SLUMP? NOT SO MUCHRamirez hit his 31st homer on a full count in the first inning against Santana, a no-doubt drive to right field that stopped a hitless stretch of 17 at-bats. Ramirez had 11 walks during those seven-plus games.”Sometimes the pitchers are throwing you a lot of strikes. Sometimes they’re throwing balls. So I just stay focused on trying to get my pitches and, yeah, I feel normal,” Ramirez said through a translator.TRADE ADJUSTMENTSThe Twins announced Adalberto Mejia will start on Wednesday afternoon, taking Lynn’s place in the rotation. Duke’s departure opened a spot in the bullpen for Addison Reed, who was returned from his rehab assignment.TRAINER’S ROOMIndians: OF Greg Allen was called up from Triple-A Columbus before the game, and RHP Adam Plutko was sent down. With Lonnie Chisenhall, Tyler Naquin and Bradley Zimmer all out with injuries, Allen will help fortify the unsettled CF and RF spots with Rajai Davis, Brandon Guyer and Melky Cabrera.Twins: Sano, who missed a month with hamstring trouble and after struggling upon his return was sent to the minor leagues for what turned out to be a six-week stay for conditioning and refining his swing, went 0 for 7 with five strikeouts in his first two games back over the weekend.UP NEXTIndians: RHP Trevor Bauer (9-6, 2.32 ERA) will pitch on Tuesday night. The All-Star kept up his career-best season against Pittsburgh last week by striking out 10 batters over seven scoreless innings while surrendering only two hits.Twins: RHP Kyle Gibson (5-7, 3.42), who held MLB batting leader Boston to one run on four hits over eight innings last week, will take the mound for the middle game of the series.—

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz