Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 80 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

25.10.2018 07:56
TORONTO -- Brian Burke is not concerned about bullying in the Calgary Flames dressing room. [url=http://www.cheappackersjerseyss Antworten

TORONTO -- Brian Burke is not concerned about bullying in the Calgary Flames dressing room. Bart Starr Jersey . The teams president of hockey operations has a no-hazing policy -- and always has. The issue of bullying in pro sports locker-rooms has taken centre stage recently after Miami Dolphins offensive linemen Jonathan Martin left the team amid accusations he had been harassed by teammate Richie Incognito. During a keynote address at the PrimeTime Sports Management Conference on Tuesday, Burke was asked whether his team has had to implement any changes as a result of the Dolphins case. "We already have a no-hazing policy," said Burke, who was hired by the Flames in September. "I mean when I was a rookie in the American (Hockey) League, I got shaved, I got initiated and all that stuff. Ive seen that happen to a lot of guys and I thought it was really stupid at the time. So weve never allowed hazing on any of my teams, even when I was an assistant GM back in 87 with Pat Quinn (in Vancouver). "No rookie initiations, no shaving, no physical abuse whatsoever. One of the forms of abuse (elsewhere) is to make the rookies (pay) a huge tab for a rookie dinner, where it costs them 15 to 20 grand. We have a cap of $5,000 on the rookie dinner. No rookie can pay more than $5,000. Theres no physical abuse, no racial abuse, no homophobic abuse. So Im not worried about having that situation on our team." Burke had a brief pro career as a player in the American Hockey League before going to law school. He won a Calder Cup with the Maine Mariners in 1978. "Now I know as a player, if I felt I was getting bullied, I know what Id do -- Id end it right there in the dressing room," Burke said. "Whether I wanted to fight or not, Id fight the guy. Im amazed that this has gotten to where it is without the players dealing with this." Martin, a second-year pro, left the Dolphins two weeks ago. His lawyer has alleged Martin was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito, who has been suspended. Incognito is white and Martin is biracial. Teammates both black and white have said Incognito is not a racist, and theyve been more supportive of the veteran guard than they have of Martin. Burke said on occasion he would confront teammates if he thought they were being timid during a game. "I have gotten right in their face and cursed at them and said, You better stop worrying about what this (opponent) is going to do to you and you better start worrying about what I might do to you if you dont get going here," he said. "Now is that bullying in the middle of the game when you think a guy is losing courage and youre trying to buck him up? Is that bullying? To me its not." Burke added that players often work things out on their own. "In our (game), Ive had coaches grab me, Ive had teammates grab me and Ive grabbed teammates during games and during practice," he said. "Ive fought teammates in practice that I thought were disrespectful to the coach, I fought them in practice. "I wont apologize for that. Thats not bullying, thats a team sorting things out." Burke, a former player agent, has had a long career as a hockey executive. The 58-year-old native of Providence, R.I., joined the Canucks as director of hockey operations in 1987 and later served as general manager of the team. He also worked as a GM in Toronto, Hartford and Anaheim. Burke has also worked at the NHLs head office and in an executive capacity for USA Hockey. He was GM of the American mens team that won silver at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. Burke is director of player personnel for the squad that will play at the 2014 Games in Sochi, Russia. -- With files from The Associated Press Nick Perry Jersey .J. -- Pete Carroll said it was the suspension of linebacker Bruce Irvin last spring that finally got the attention of the rest of the Seattle Seahawks that they needed to be taking their commitment to the team more seriously. Korey Toomer Jersey . Louis Cardinals are one of Major League Baseballs model franchises. http://www.cheappackersjerseyssale.com/?tag=lane-taylor-jersey-sale . Saskatchewans Darian Durant is expected to miss the rest of the Roughriders season with a torn tendon in his right elbow. The 32-year-old, who will undergo surgery in the next couple days to repair the injury, was added to the teams six-game injury list Tuesday.BARCELONA, Spain -- An equalizer from Neymar saw Barcelona salvage a 1-1 draw at home to Atletico Madrid on Tuesday after a stunning opener by Diego Ribas in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal. Atleticos chances were dealt a major blow half an hour in when striker Diego Costa came off injured, while Barcelona had lost defender Gerard Pique to injury before that. But Diego Ribas, who replaced Costa, stunned the Camp Nou 56 minutes in with a powerful shot from about 25 metres (yards) that grazed the fingertips of goalkeeper Jose Manuel Pinto as it soared into the top corner. With Lionel Messi kept quiet by Atleticos well-organized defence, Neymar stepped up to curl the equalizer around goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois in the 71st. Courtois made a number of acrobatic stops after that to preserve the draw, including in the 85th when he tipped Messis free kick around the post. "They played a good game and they made it very hard for us to create chances," Barcelona midfielder Xavi Hernandez said. "We have to try and score in the return -- this was not a good result for us." Atletico, which leads Barcelona by a single point in the Spanish league, leaves with a valuable away goal before the return on April 9. In Tuesdays other quarterfinal first leg, defending champion Bayern Munich drew 1-1 at Manchester United. For the fourth time this season, neither team emerged victorious but Atletico returns to the Vicente Calderon buoyed by its performance after having lost its top player to a hamstring injury that could sideline him from the second leg. Pique has already been ruled out with a hairline fracture of his right hip. "This is a team of men, who play with heart and pride, who never give up," Atletico coach Diego Simeone said. "Im happy because we can compete with them. Im very happy because we are in this." While Piques exit hurt Barcelonas brittle defence, Dieggo Costas injury left the visitors without their leading scorer and scrambling for options off the bench with Raul Garcia suspended. DeShone Kizer Jersey. Diego Ribas was the lone option. Striker David Villa had Atleticos best scoring chances in the first half as the former Barcelona forward curled wide a clear opportunity from inside the area five minutes in -- before forcing Pinto into a diving stop just before halftime. Between those efforts, Barcelona dominated possession, with Diego Godins sliding block keeping Andres Iniestas effort out before Diego Costa pulled up clutching his right thigh. Atleticos physical play proved wearing for Barcelona, and pressured Pinto into errant goal kicks like the one that gave Villa his opening opportunity. Courtois was alert to a Messi header to keep it scoreless at the break, but Atletico regrouped and emerged for the restart to stun the hosts with Diego Ribas opener. Neymar and Messi failed to link up on a cross in the 65th, as Atleticos back four continued to make life difficult for the Spanish champions -- until Iniesta spotted Neymars run and the Brazil striker curled his shot around Courtois. Barcelona coach Gerardo Martino brought Alexis Sanchez on for Cesc Fabregas and shifted Neymar to the left side. The extra attacking player clearly helped as Iniesta threaded a perfect ball into the area for the Brazil striker to equalize. The goal lifted the Camp Nou crowd and turned the tables on Atletico. But Courtois settled his teams nerves by making a diving save to Iniestas long-range shot in the 73rd minute, before then stopping a late effort from Messi. "Its going to be such a hard game against a great opponent. Its going to be a very passionate game," Simeone said before calling on his players to seize the opportunity should Diego Costa not be available. "Its up to the team and the players to respond and make up for his (possible) absence." Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz