Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 75 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
zxlbxj1 Offline

Abbil

11.07.2018 04:13
football-related activities Antworten

NEW YORK, N.Y. - Mike Napoli hoped Masahiro Tanaka would make a mistake. The New York Yankees ace sure did — he twice shook off his catcher, then threw a pitch the Boston slugger could handle. Napoli stung Tanaka by hitting a solo home run with two outs in the ninth inning, lifting Jon Lester and the Red Sox over the Yankees 2-1 Saturday night. "What an idiot!" Napoli was heard exclaiming on Fox television microphones as he high-fived teammates in the dugout. Napoli later said he didnt mean any disrespect, adding he was "surprised" Tanaka didnt throw his tremendous split-finger fastball. Napoli had struck out in his previous two at-bats, was down 1-2 in the count this time and was having all sorts of trouble with Tanakas diving splitter. "He had me where he wanted me," Napoli said. Tanaka, however, preferred to throw a fastball. Napoli lined it the opposite way, into the first row of the seats in right field. Napoli, who also homered off Tanaka at Fenway Park in late April, raised his right arm as he rounded first base and clapped his hands as headed for second. Tanaka, the top winner in the majors and the AL ERA leader, turned to watch the ball sail, twisting his body when it cleared the wall. "It was the worst thing I couldve possibly done," Tanaka said through a translator. Tanaka wanted to take a different approach than catcher Brian McCann. "He asked for a splitter and for a slider, and I shook off both of them," he said. Tanaka said he intended to throw a fastball out of the strike zone to set up a breaking ball. Instead, Napoli hit it out of the park. His third home run in five games, and 10th shot overall, flew far enough reach the short porch. "Power hitters are going to have the ability to hit to all fields. We all know that right field here is not very forgiving," Red Sox manager John Farrell said. "Last night, they hit one in the first row. Tonight, we did." The Red Sox won for just the third time in nine games. The victory made the defending World Series champions 37-44 at the midpoint of the season — its the first time since 1997 that Boston has been under .500 at the halfway mark. Lester (9-7) held the Yankees hitless until the sixth. He gave up an unearned run and five hits in eight innings, striking out six and walking two. Koji Uehara pitched a perfect ninth for his 17th save in 18 chances. Tanaka (11-3) allowed seven hits in a complete game, striking out eight and walking one. The Yankees lost for the fifth time in seven games. Tanaka dropped consecutive starts for the first time in the majors. The matchup between Lester and Tanaka shaped up as a pitchers duel, and it certainly was. Lester improved to 13-6 lifetime against the Yankees, including a loss to Tanaka in Boston on April 22. Lester and Uehara came through for a Red Sox team that has scored three runs or fewer in 12 of its last 14 games. Napoli did his part, too, tagging Tanaka. "He pitched pretty well to Nap all night," Lester said. "Im guessing Nap put a pretty good swing on that ball right there. Luckily, were in Yankee Stadium and not anywhere else and that ball goes out." An odd sequence ended the Yankees eighth. Jacoby Ellsbury tried to steal second with two outs and the fans cheered when catcher David Ross throw skipped into centre field. As Ellsbury headed toward third, however, the crowd began to realize strike three had already been called on Mark Teixeira. Earlier in the inning, second baseman Dustin Pedroia made a nifty pickup and glove flip to start a double play on Derek Jeter. Ross homered in his second straight game, launching a drive far over the left-field fence in the third. Tanaka muttered to himself as Ross rounded the bases. Lester, who threw a no-hitter against Kansas City in 2008, held the Yankees hitless until Brett Gardner bounced a leadoff single up the middle in the sixth. Lesters bid was extended with two outs in the fifth when Yangervis Solarte was called out on a video review, taking away an infield single. Pedroia opened the next inning with a single, and tried to test the arm of Ellsbury, his former teammate. The Yankees centre fielder made an accurate throw and Pedroia was called safe, but he was ruled out after New York challenged the umpires decision. The Yankees scored in the third when Brian Roberts reached on shortstop Stephen Drews error, Solarte was hit by a pitch, Gardner sacrificed and Jeter had an RBI grounder. NOTES: Of Bostons last 14 games, 10 have been decided by one run. The Red Sox are 6-4 in those games. ... The Red Sox are 26-26 at the new Yankee Stadium. ... Boston OF-INF Mike Carp (right foot) has started his rehab assignment at Triple-A Pawtucket. ... Yankees LHP CC Sabathia (right knee) made his first rehab start, pitching 2 1-3 innings for Class A Tampa and giving up two runs on three hits and a walk vs. Dunedin. Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys . The right-hander pitched into the seventh inning and boosted Cincinnatis struggling offence by hitting a double and scoring as the Reds ended a seven-game losing streak by beating the Atlanta Braves 1-0 Saturday night. Justin Smoak Jersey . The Raptors have to get through the pesky New York Knicks Wednesday at Madison Square Garden and can lock up the third spot in the Eastern Conference with a win or a Chicago loss in Charlotte. http://www.teambluejaysprostore.us/Kendr...ue-jays-jersey/. Ozuna hit Reeds 2-2 pitch off the batters eye far above the 407-foot sign in straightaway centre. It was the fifth blown save in 25 tries for Reed (1-5) and the ninth home run the closer has allowed in 38 appearances. Nuno, acquired in the deal that sent Brandon McCarthy to the New York Yankees, gave up three hits, struck out a career-high seven and walked one in seven innings. Custom Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys . Paul, MN (SportsNetwork. Paul Molitor Jersey .Stanton suffered fractures in his face and other injuries when he was hit by a pitch Sept. 11. The Marlins are confident hell fully recover and be ready for spring training, and they hope to reach a long-term agreement with him.With the majority of NFL training camps underway, the league is abuzz with position battles, injury news and rookies making an immediate impact. Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NFL beat. No QB Controversy? Though the pair are battling it out against each other for the starters role in New York, Jets quarterbacks Geno Smith and Michael Vick are getting along famously during camp. Both West Virginia products, Smith recalls Vick reaching out to him just after his release from prison when Smith was beginning to show elite potential at the school. "He called me on my cellphone," Smith told the New York Times. “He didnt want anything. He didnt want to recruit me for anything. He didnt want to ask me for anything. He just wanted to get to know me. He liked the way I played, and he said he wanted to give me some guidance." Vick, signed by the Jets this past winter after five years with the Eagles that saw him lose the starting QB job to Nick Foles, hopes that hell be able to set an example for Smith and make sure that the 23-year-old doesnt make many of the same poor choices that the first-overall pick in the 2001 NFL Draft did. Even though Vick admits there were those who warned him of similar dangers and he chose to ignore them, he believes it will be different with Smith. “People told me that, but, you see, Genos a different kid,” said Vick. “First and foremost, he has the fortitude to be the best. He understands that nothing is going to be given to you. You got to go out and earn everything in this league. Hes got us supporting him, cheering him on. There is no better feeling than to have guys behind you who want you to succeed.” As for still starting in the NFL after 11 seasons in the league, Vick is holding out hope. “I still want to start in this league one day," the four-time Pro Bowler said. "I still want to play. I want to play as long as I can. I love football. But as of right now, Im going to enjoy this moment right here with G[eno.] I want to see G try to go out there and achieve some things we know he can achieve." Still Packing Em In? Though hes a free agent and able to sign with any team hee chooses, Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy still considers tight end Jermichael Finley a member of his team.dddddddddddd "Jermichael Finley is a Green Bay Packer in my opinion and obviously hes going through a medical situation," McCarthy told the Appleton Post-Crescent. "First and foremost, you just want him to get healthy." Finley, 27, has been out of action since an October 20 game against the Cleveland Browns where he incurred a spinal contusion that required vertebrae surgery. Hes only recently been given the go-ahead by doctors to resume football-related activities. If Finley doesnt return, the Packers are looking at Richard Rodgers and Brandon Bostick for the role of starting TE. The team has also brought in the talented, but troubled Colt Lylerla, undrafted out of Oregon. "I like our tight ends. I think thats a group that were really got to get a lot of pad work," McCarthy said. "I mean, if there was ever, if you wanted to say, OK, what group progressed? You went, OK, wow (about tight ends) in spring." The Packers have one spot on their 90-man roster and $13 million remaining in cap space. The Welcome Matt Down in Oakland Inequivocly, Matt Schaub is the starting quarterback for the Oakland Raiders. Head coach Dennis Allen told ESPN that second-round pick Derek Carr isnt in consideration for the role. "Im really excited about Derek Carr," said Allen, who is heading into his third year as Raiders coach. "I think hes got a chance to be a top-level quarterback in this league. But hes young, and hes a rookie. Thats a tough proposition in this league. I know weve seen some guys that have been able to have some success as rookie quarterbacks, but Ive also seen some opportunities where guys have had a chance to sit in behind a veteran quarterback and watch and learn and go on to have successful careers." Schaub is coming off of one of the ugliest years in his pro career. Last year with the Houston Texans, Schaub threw for 14 interceptions, including pick-sixes in four-straight games, and had a career-worst 73 QB rating. Still, Allen is committed to Schaub. "Its Matt," said Allen. "Matts our quarterback." Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys From China China Jerseys Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys From China China NFL Gear Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz