Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 106 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
dan yu Offline

Abbil

31.10.2018 10:56
any start this season. Antworten

The St. Louis Cardinals have lost consecutive games to the rebuilding Detroit Tigers in walk-off fashion.The Cardinals Austin Meadows Jersey , who sit second in the National League wild-card standings, will attempt to salvage the series finale Sunday afternoon at Comerica Park. Right-hander John Gant will start for them against Michael Fulmer.Gant has battled control problems in recent starts. He has issued 13 walks in his last three outings, including five in 4 1/3 innings at Washington on Tuesday. He gave up three runs that night, though none were earned.Article continues below ...“Felt good with the heater,” Gant told the St. Louis Post Dispatch. “My secondary stuff was iffy.”Gant (6-5, 3.19 ERA) has allowed two or fewer earned runs in his last six outings. He made one relief appearance against Detroit during his rookie season with Atlanta in 2016 and tossed 1 1/3 scoreless innings.Fulmer will make his fourth start since returning from an oblique strain. He gave up one hit, a leadoff homer, in his last outing against the Chicago White Sox on Monday. Fulmer threw 96 pitches in that 5 2/3-inning stint.“All the mechanical adjustments we’ve made over the past couple of weeks, I didn’t trust them at first http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-colin-moran-jersey , and I was still flying open (with his front shoulder in his delivery),” Fulmer told the Detroit News. “I came back inside and looked at the video and sure enough, I was flying open. So I closed it right off and I started to get weak contact.”Fulmer wound up with a no-decision that night. Detroit has lost 11 of his last 12 starts dating to late May. The lone win was a 3-1 decision over Minnesota on June 14.Fulmer (3-10, 4.57 ERA) was struck in the shin by a line drive at the end of his last start, but it turned out to be just a bruise. He’s looking forward to his remaining starts.“I am very excited where we’re going,” said Fulmer, who will face the Cardinals for the first time. “I just have to stick to it and trust the process.”If the Cardinals fail to make the postseason, they’ll look at this series as one of the big reasons they came up short.On Saturday, Victor Reyes scored on a wild pitch in the bottom of the ninth to give Detroit a 4-3 victory. Marcell Ozuna tied the score with a two-run homer in the top of the inning David Freese Jersey , his third long ball in two games.“They’re in a pennant race,” Tigers manager Ron Gardenhire said. “You can tell how tense it is for them over there. We’re getting a piece of it from the other side that we wouldn’t get if we weren’t playing teams that were in this pennant race.“So our guys are pretty fired up in the dugout and they’re getting after it pretty good. They’ve been doing it all summer long, but there’s definitely a different emotion going on right now.”It has been a rough weekend all around for the Cardinals. Infielder Jedd Gyorko was expected to be activated off the disabled list Saturday but instead returned to St. Louis for treatment on his left groin injury.Starting pitcher Michael Wacha was scheduled to make a rehab start Friday night but had a setback with his left oblique injury and it’s uncertain if he’ll return this season. SEATTLE (AP) — Seattle pitcher James Paxton had two goals heading into his final start of the season: to go over 200 strikeouts and reach 160 innings pitched.He accomplished both.Paxton quickly checked off the first item, striking out leadoff batter Jurickson Profar to become the sixth pitcher in team history to reach 200. In his second start back since missing time after a bout with pneumonia, he also reached his other goal, allowing one run and striking out nine over six innings as the Mariners beat the Texas Rangers 4-1 on Saturday night.“I felt a lot better. Felt like I had my energy back,” Paxton said. “It was great to get 160 innings like I wanted to do. Getting 200 strikeouts was special. I’m looking forward to building off this season and getting where we want to get to next year.”Seattle’s ace becomes the first Mariners pitcher to reach the 200 strikeout mark since Felix Hernandez in 2014. He also finished the season with a career-high 160 1/3 innings pitched. He wasn’t able to equal last season’s career-high 12 wins, as the no-decision left him at 11-6.Mariners closer Edwin Diaz also reached a milestone with his league-leading 57th save, tying Bobby Thigpen’s 1990 mark for second-most all time.“It’s an unbelievable number Tyler Glasnow Jersey ,” Seattle manager Scott Servais said. “He’s just a special talent.”Nick Vincent (4-4) pitched a perfect seventh inning to earn the win.Paxton had three strikeouts in the first inning, but also gave up Adrian Beltre’s run-scoring double as the Rangers took a 1-0 lead.Texas starter Adrian Sampson — who grew up in Redmond, just outside of Seattle — nearly stole the spotlight from Paxton, holding Seattle scoreless through four innings. The Mariners tied the game in the fifth on Mitch Haniger’s sacrifice fly, and then roared ahead in the seventh.Dee Gordon hit a two-out triple to give Seattle the lead and end Sampson’s outing. Jean Segura and Robinson Cano each had RBI singles later in the inning to give the Mariners a three-run lead.Sampson (0-3) ended up allowing three runs and seven hits, with four strikeouts and no walks.“It was disappointing not to be able to win that battle right there,” said Samson, who estimated he left about 60 tickets for friends and family. “Hats off to Dee right there. Just throwing the same pitch just one too many times, he made me pay for it.”WINNING SEASONSeattle improved to 88-73 http://www.piratesfanproshop.com/authentic-adam-frazier-jersey , equaling the sixth-best win total in team history. “It is a little bit of a disappointment, but at the end of the day, 88, 89 wins, whatever we end up with, it is an accomplishment,” Servais said. “It’s one of the better years in Mariners history. Unfortunately, we haven’t gotten over the hump, and that’s getting back to the postseason.”TRAINER’S ROOMRangers: Trainers checked on LF Carlos Tocci in the fifth inning Chad Kuhl Jersey , after he hit the wall catching Haniger’s sacrifice fly and stayed down on the warning track in pain after the play. Tocci remained in the game. … Interim manager Don Wakamatsu said he thinks Nomar Mazara continues to be hampered by his thumb. Mazara missed nearly a month on the disabled list with a right thumb sprain, and is hitting .220 since returning on Aug. 16. “We think he’s on the right track,” Wakamatsu said. “Obviously the biggest thing over the winter is going to be evaluating that thumb and making sure he’s healthy going into spring training.”Mariners: Gordon returned to the lineup in CF after missing three straight games with a sore toe after fouling a pitch off his foot Tuesday.UP NEXTRangers: RHP Yovani Gallardo (8-7, 6.40 ERA) will make his 18th start. He has taken the loss in each of his last four starts and is 1-6 in his last eight starts.Mariners: LHP Roenis Elias (2-1, 2.93) will close out Seattle’s season with his third start. Elias, who has also made 19 relief appearances, has not gone longer than 3 2/3 innings in any start this season.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz