Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

03.11.2018 07:39
TORONTO -- There were several similarities between football and bobsled that drew former CFL running back Jesse Lumsden to the i Antworten

TORONTO -- There were several similarities between football and bobsled that drew former CFL running back Jesse Lumsden to the ice from the gridiron. Sergei Bobrovsky Jersey . For one, he still gets to crank the intensity to the max. "I push pretty angry. I ran pretty angry too though, but I have fun doing it," Lumsden said. "Its kind of an oxymoron but I dont know, it makes sense to me. Im grinding teeth and snorting and foaming at the mouth when Im pushing. "Like when I had the opportunity to hit somebody in front of me, I loved it. I loved that feeling of catching somebody on their heels and just going straight through them." Lumsden spent parts of six seasons in the Canadian Football League before retiring in 2011 after a few injury-plagued campaigns. His transition to the winter sports scene has been a smooth one. The six-foot-two, 223-pound brakeman from Burlington, Ont., first gave bobsled a try in 2009. He had aspirations of becoming a pilot but coaches told him his skills were best suited for the back of the sled. He took the news in stride and soon became one of the sports elite pushers. Lumsden qualified for the 2010 Olympic team in the two-man and four-man sleds, finishing fifth in both events. The 31-year-old Calgary resident has blossomed over the last few seasons, winning silver at the world championship last year and taking the World Cup title last season with pilot Lyndon Rush of Humboldt, Sask. The strong Canadian team tinkered with its lineup this season, with Lumsden now in the two-man sled with Calgarys Chris Spring. They won bronze at the season opener last month in Calgary and nearly reached the podium in the four-man event as well with a fourth-place result. With the season approaching the halfway point, Lumsden and Spring are third overall in the standings. "Were on the right path of where we need to be going," Lumsden said Thursday at a promotional event at a downtown mall. "Obviously the end of the road is Sochi and things are progressing nicely." The camaraderie that Lumsden experienced during his football days is much the same on the bobsled team. There is a great chemistry on the squad and a real sense of unity. Lumsden and Spring have been teaming with Ottawas Cody Sorensen and Saskatoons Ben Coakwell in the four-man sled. The other two-man sleds include Rush with Calgarys Lascelles Brown and the duo of Edmontons Bryan Barnett and Justin Kripps of Summerland, B.C. The womens team is led by the powerhouse pairing of reigning Olympic champions Heather Moyse of Summerside, P.E.I., and Kaillie Humphries of Calgary, who won gold at the season opener. Spring was born in Australia and became a Canadian citizen earlier this year. The third-place result at Canada Olympic Park was significant because it was his first World Cup medal with Lumsden. "Hes athletic so he contributes on the push as well," Lumsden said of his teammate. "He just has a presence about him thats very positive. Its confidence. Its not a cockiness but its a solid confidence that makes you feel good." Lumsden spent seven hours a day training in the off-season and has the chiselled physique to prove it. He generates his explosiveness from a rock-solid lower body and blasts out of the start area with a vengeance. He showed off that power last month in Calgary when he won the WinSport World Push Challenge to kick off the new season. Lumsden was formally named to the Olympic team this week. He learned a lot from the Vancouver experience but didnt feel a lot of pressure because he was so green. Things will be different when the Sochi Games begin Feb. 7. Lumsden is confident that hell be ready. "Theres more on the line this time around because I have invested my four years into it," he said. "This is my passion. This is what I love to do." Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys . Plata blasted a rising shot to the upper left corner for his team-leading seventh goal of the season. He got the kick after referee Allen Chapman ruled Chris Tierney fouled John Stertzer in the penalty area. Jordan Schroeder Jersey . In a pregame tribute commemorating his final contest at Coors Field on Wednesday night, Helton caught the ceremonial first pitch from his daughter with his wife, younger daughter and good friend Peyton Manning watching from the field. http://www.bluejacketsauthority.com/authentic-alexandre-texier-blue-jackets-jersey/ . The result was a game-winning, power-play goal. Chiasson snapped a third-period tie and lifted the Dallas Stars to a 3-2 victory on Monday night.ST. LOUIS -- Jedd Gyorkos grand slam gave him a spot in Padres history and his team a come-from-behind victory. Gyorko hit his third career grand slam and drove in five runs, sparking San Diego to a 9-5 rain-delayed victory over the St. Louis Cardinals on Saturday night. It was Gyorkos 31st career homer and set the team mark for most homers by a Padres second baseman, surpassing Mark Loretta. "It seems like once a game I come up with the bases loaded," Gyorko said. "Thats a credit to the guys hitting in front of me. I have to capitalize more like tonight." Gyorkos eighth homer came on an 0-1 pitch from Kevin Siegrist (1-3) with one out in the seventh. The Padres had loaded the bases on two singles and a walk before Gyorkos drive to left. "It was a fastball down and in," Gyorko said. "It probably wasnt a bad pitch. I just put a good swing on it." Rain then halted play later in the inning. The game was delayed 1 hour, 46 minutes and only a handful of the crowd of 44,079 stayed to watch the finish. The Cardinals, who had won three in a row, dropped to three games back of Milwaukee for the NL Central lead. The Brewers beat Clayton Kershaw and the Dodgers 3-2. "We get some offensive production early on; its hard to see that go away," St. Louis manager Mike Matheny said. "We had two really rough innings that made for a bad day." Alex Torres (2-1) earned the win when he got the last out in the sixth in relief of rookie starter Jesse Hahn. San Diego won for the sixth time in its last eight games. "Our guys did a nice job and swung at strikes for both of our rallies," San Diego manager Bud Black said. Matt Adams two-out RBI triple in the fifth gave St. Louis a 5-4 lead. It was Adams team-high fifth triple. The Cardinals struck for four runs in the second. Jhonny Peralta hit a run-scoring double down the left-field line and scored on Oscar Taveras one-out double that hit just in front of the wall in centre. Taveras returned to the starting lineup afterr two days on the bench. Scott Harrington Jersey. The rookie outfielder did have a pinch-hit RBI single Friday to snap a 2-for-20 slump. Matt Carpenter added a two-run double for the Cardinals. Rymer Liriano tried to catch the line drive. It landed in front of him and bounced by. But San Diego got the runs back against Shelby Miller in the third. "It was good to see us come back against a good young arm like that," Black said. "Im very happy for the guys and their at-bats." Gyorko had an RBI single and rookie Jake Goebbert hit a bases-loaded triple with two down. He had four RBIs in his first 25 games. "You get a four-run lead, you dont go out and give up four runs," Miller said. "Unacceptable. Obviously, it doesnt sit well with me. I should have done a better job of making pitches." Seth Smiths third hit in the eighth drove the Padres final run. TRAINERS ROOM Padres: 3B Yangervis Solarte returned to the lineup after missing two games with a mild left oblique strain. He was in the leadoff spot for the third time this season. Cardinals: RHP Michael Wacha (right shoulder) threw 30 pitches off the bullpen mound before the game. He had not pitched off a mound since his June 17 start against the New York Mets. He will undergo an MRI on Monday to check the shoulder. TARGET PRACTICE St. Louis CF Jon Jay was hit twice by a pitch. He also was hit by a pitch twice Friday, giving him four in two games. He leads the major leagues with 14 hit by pitches. CARDINALS HALL OF FAME Willie McGee, Jim Edmonds, Mike Shannon and the late Marty Marion were honoured Saturday with their induction into St. Louis newly created Cardinals Hall of Fame. UP NEXT Rookie RHP Odrisamer Despaigne (3-3, 2.72 ERA) faces Cardinals ace Adam Wainwright (14-7, 2.34 ERA) in the finale of the four-game series. Despaigne pitched seven scoreless innings in a victory over Colorado in his previous start. Wainwright is 5-2 with a 1.47 ERA against the Padres. He is coming off a 3-0 loss at Miami in his last outing. Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Baseball Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys China Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap Custom Jerseys China Cheap Basketball Jerseys Authentic NFL Jerseys China Cheap College Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz