Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

14.11.2018 06:45
Visit www.baseball.c Antworten

OSTRAVA, Czech Republic -- Defending champion Czech Republic reached the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup on Sunday after Tomas Berdych won the first reverse singles to clinch the first-round series. Mariners Kristopher Negron Jersey . Berdych, an Australian Open semifinalist, dispatched Thiemo de Bakker 6-1, 6-4, 6-3 on an indoor hard court at CEZ Arena to give the Czechs an unbeatable 3-1 lead. In the final meaningless match, Igor Sijsling defeated Lukas Rosol 6-3, 6-3 to reduce the Czech overall victory to 3-2 in the best-of-five series. Berdych was never threatened and converted his first match point with a forehand winner. He hit 35 winners to De Bakkers 18. Seeking their third straight Davis Cup title, the Czechs won their 10th consecutive Davis Cup series. They will travel for the April 4-6 quarterfinal to Japan, which beat Canada 4-1. "I want to enjoy the victory now and well see what happens next," Berdych said. The seventh-ranked Berdych improved his record to 3-1 against the 139th-ranked De Bakker, who surprisingly beat the Czech at an ATP tournament in Bastad, Sweden, last year. "I may not have the best record against him," Berdych said. "Today I was ready." Berdych also swept aside Sijsling 6-3, 6-3, 6-0 in the opening singles on Friday and produced another dominant performance on Sunday. He didnt waste time and broke De Bakkers first two service games in the opening set for a commanding 5-0 lead. Berdych secured a break in the seventh game of the second set and served it out with an ace. De Bakker hit the net in the opening game of the third set to lose his serve and Berdych broke him again with a forehand winner to race to a 4-1 lead. Berdych lost his only serve to allow de Bakker to reduce his lead to 5-3 before breaking him again in the following final game of the match. De Bakker replaced the originally nominated Robin Haase, who was tired after spending almost eight hours in the previous two days on the court in the eastern Czech city of Ostrava. Haase gave the Netherlands a 1-0 lead with a 3-6, 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-2, 6-1 win over Radek Stepanek in the opening singles match on Friday and teamed up with Jean-Julien Rojer for a 7-5, 1-6, 7-6 (2), 7-6 (4) loss to Berdych and Stepanek. Mariners Mike Leake Jersey .com) - Houston Texans interim head coach Wade Phillips confirmed Monday that starting quarterback Case Keenum sustained a sprained right thumb during Sundays 25-3 loss in Indianapolis. Mariners Justin Grimm Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Duck Calling With several marquee centres available via trade and expected to be available via free agency, the Anaheim Ducks could be primed to be big players in the coming days. http://www.cheapmarinersjerseysauthentic.com/ . Louis Blues were workmanlike, methodical and -- most of all -- effective on Monday night.ST. PETERSBURG, Florida – Gareth Morgan sat in the dugout before Tuesday afternoons sun-soaked Baseball Canada Junior Teams tilt against the Blue Jays, visualizing what was to come both in the short term and in the future. "Its pretty cool and humbling," said Morgan. "Its an honour to be a part of this team and get an opportunity to do this. Its not everyday you get to put your uniform on and play against big leaguers." Morgan, who turns 18 next month, is a presence at 64", 220 pounds. He is the top-ranked Canadian heading into Junes amateur draft. Some projections have the product of Torontos Vaughn Road Academy going in the first round. An outfielder, he possesses all the tools over which scouts salivate. "Hes a high school player so sometimes I think the expectation is unrealistic given the skill set," said head coach Greg Hamilton. "He has tremendous talent. Hes got everything youre looking for. Hes got size. Hes got power. Hes got speed for a big man. Hes got a plus arm. Its a complete package. Its a major league right fielder in the making if everything falls into place and he stays healthy, obviously." Morgan grew up splitting his summers and winters between baseball and hockey. Three years ago, his first in high school, Morgan made a choice. He would commit to playing baseball full-time and, having already gone through a growth spurt, was showing signs of the imposing figure hes become. Fast forward three years, through all the games and the tournaments and the travel with the junior team, and he feels like he belongs. "I feel like Ive come a long way both mentally and physically," said Morgan. "I was a lot smaller back then and my skills werent as good. On the mental side, Ive gained more confidence and I just feel more comfortable with what Im doing." He recently spent a week visiting Larry Walker in West Palm Beach, Florida. They hit, shagged flies, worked out and talked the tools of the trade. It was an opportunity to pick the brain of a former great about life in the big leagues. "It was awesome," said Morgan. "We hung out, went kayaking, played a little baseball, hit with the Cardinals." Theres a big decision looming on the horizon. As he awaits the June draft, Morgan also has a scholarship offer from North Carolina State University. Hell have to weigh the value of signing with the pro club that selects him versus a free education at a strong ACC school. "It crosses your mind sometimes, of course youre going to think about it, but the less you think about it the better it is," said Morgan. "Just go out and play the game you love and have fun with it." "We try to give them the information thats objective so that they know all the opportunities available to them and then they qualify what resonates to them the most," said Hamilton. "As long as they understand what a Division I scholarship means and what that experience means; what signing out of high school and minor league baseball and the challenges that come with that mean, the day to day grind that theyre going to go through means to them on a personal level and where they are physically and mentally, I think if theyve got the comparables in front of them, everythings in order, then it becomes a personal decision. We try to convince them its not always about dollars." Morgan cites Brett Lawrie as his favourite ballplayer. The two shared the same field together on Tuesday. Mariners Wade LeBlanc Jersey. A few years from now, it could happen again. ONYSHKO GRINDS IT OUT Left-hander Ben Onyshko, a 17-year-old from Winnipeg, admitted to being nervous in the first inning. He walked the first two hitters he faced, Munenori Kawasaki and Colby Rasmus, almost hitting Kawasaki twice. Brett Lawrie followed with a single, loading the bases with nobody out for Jose Bautista. "I mean, I tried not to think about it," said Onyshko. "I tried to just execute pitches the same as always but Ive got to admit, my mind was racing a little bit. It was surreal." Bautista flew out to deep left centerfield for a sacrifice fly. "I was scared for a split second when he hit the ball," said Onyshko. "Once I was able to get that first out I think things started to roll a little bit better. I settled in." He certainly did settle in. Onyshko limited the Jays to that one run in the first and allowed two runs over his three innings of work. Onyshkos curveball caught the attention of onlookers. Its a pitch he started throwing when he was 12. "I just remember hanging in the backyard with my dad, just working on it, throwing it," said Onyshko. "He would sit there catching bullpens for me every couple of days." LAWRIE HAS FLASHBACKS It wasnt too long ago Brett Lawrie was playing for the Baseball Canada junior team in games like Tuesdays. "Its a lot of fun for me," said Lawrie. "Especially nowadays because theres a lot more guys coaching that Ive played with and had a chance to play with that are across the other way now. Its good to see those guys coming back and helping the young guys. It sets a good example for all them because the guys I played with were the good players and theyre fun to play with so things are probably pretty light in the clubhouse, which is cool." Lawrie and his Blue Jays teammates did most of the talking as they mingled with the young Canadians before the game. "I think its kind of keep your ears open, more or less," said Lawrie. "Theyre a little nervous, which I anticipated so I think, more or less, they just kept their ears open, listened to how the boys talked and just taking it all in." HAMILTON APPRECIATES BLUE JAYS APPROACH Brandon Morrow started for the Blue Jays. Baseball Canada alum Brett Lawrie, Jose Bautista, Colby Rasmus, Adam Lind and Dioner Navarro were in Torontos starting lineup on Tuesday. Head coach Greg Hamilton appreciated the Jays willingness to send some of the clubs top stars to the game. The rest of the roster was in Lakeland for a game against the Tigers. "Its a special day and an opportunity to come out on the field and play against the players that you watch on TV and aspire to be like is incredibly special," said Hamilton. Fans will follow the paths of these young players. Visit www.baseball.ca to learn more about the program. "Every player that weve got has a chance to play beyond high school," said Hamilton. "At minimum theyre going to go on scholarships and play collegiate baseball. You never know. You extend your playing career and you figure a few things out and there are some here today you think will be for sure potential major league prospects and there are others who will sneak up on you too just by having the opportunity to continue to play." Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Adidas Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Nike Baseball Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Authentic Cheap NHL Jerseys Canada Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China NCAA Jerseys Cheap Nike NHL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Football Jerseys Store Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Jerseys NCAA China Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz