Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

22.12.2018 07:44
MELBOURNE, Australia - Stanislas Wawrinka backed up his upset of four-time champion Novak Djokovic by reaching his first Grand S Antworten

MELBOURNE, Australia - Stanislas Wawrinka backed up his upset of four-time champion Novak Djokovic by reaching his first Grand Slam final with a 6-3, 7-6 (1), 6-7 (3), 7-6 (4) win over Tomas Berdych in the Australian Open semifinals on Thursday. Wayne Ellington Jersey . Wawrinka ended a 14-match losing streak against Djokovic with a dramatic five-set, four-hour win in the quarterfinals, then followed that with a dominating performance against Berdych, the 2010 Wimbledon finalist. "I dont know what to say. Im speechless," he said. "I didnt expect to make a final in a Grand Slam — tonight its happening." Wawrinka will meet the winner of Fridays semifinal showdown between Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer, the 33rd installment of their rivalry and the first at a Grand Slam since Nadal knocked Federer out of the Australian Open at the same stage in 2012. Whoever he plays, Wawrinka will go into the final as an underdog. He has never won against Nadal in 12 meetings, and he has lost all but one of his 14 matches against his countryman, Federer. Wawrinka has long been in Federers shadow as Switzerlands less-heralded No. 2, but hes been slowly gaining confidence in his game since narrowly losing a heartbreaking marathon match to Djokovic in Melbourne last year. In April, he hired a new coach — Magnus Norman, a former Swedish player once ranked as high as No. 2. Since then, hes risen to a career-high No. 8 in the rankings and reached his first Grand Slam semifinal at the U.S. Open. Now hes taken the next step into the final of a major, where he could meet his good friend and sometimes doubles partner, Federer. Federer, who has reached his 11th consecutive semifinal at the Australian Open, said hed love to see an all-Swiss final at Melbourne Park. "Im worried about my match clearly, but Ill definitely watch his first," Federer said after his quarterfinal win over Andy Murray on Wednesday night. "Hopefully he can make it." Wawrinka jumped out to the early lead against Berdych, getting the only break of the match when the Czech player, looking tentative at the start, made several misses on his forehand before driving an easy overhead long. With neither player giving anything on their service games after that, Berdych was the first to crack in the crucial tiebreakers. He double-faulted twice in the third-set tiebreaker, including on set point, and then again in the fourth-set breaker. Little separated the two players in the match — Wawrinka won total 143 points and Berdych 142. The Swiss player served a bit more consistently, though, facing only one break point in the match. Edrice Adebayo Jersey .Stanton suffered fractures in his face and other injuries when he was hit by a pitch Sept. 11. The Marlins are confident hell fully recover and be ready for spring training, and they hope to reach a long-term agreement with him. Alonzo Mourning Jersey . The Maple Leafs may not have had a pick until the third round, but they have made the biggest move of the second day of the Draft, dealing defenceman Carl Gunnarsson and a fourth-round pick in the draft to the St. http://www.authenticbasketballshopheat.info/dwyane-wade-heat-jersey/ . It was the most lopsided loss in Lakers history. Darren Collison had a team-high 24 points while starting at shooting guard for the injured Jamal Crawford. Chris Paul added 13 points and 11 assists for the Clippers, who apparently are trying to make up for decades of humiliation at the hands of the Lakers all in one season; theyve won the last two meetings by a combined 84 points.LAS VEGAS -- Former UFC welterweight champion Matt Hughes says Georges St-Pierre should retire for good. St-Pierre has been on hiatus since vacating his 170-pound title following a controversial win over Johny (Bigg Rigg) Hendricks at UFC 167 last November. The 33-year-old from Montreal cited unspecified personal matters, saying he needed time away from the sport. Hendricks went on to win the welterweight crown while St-Pierre, who continues to work out, required knee surgery after an injury in training. St-Pierre has not announced his future plans other than to say that if he comes back, it wont be in 2014. Firas Zahabi, his longtime coach, told the MMAFighting website recently that he expects his fighter to return. "I think theres a lot of fire left in him," he said of St. Pierre. "Especially since he got injured now, hes probably more motivated than ever ... I think theres a lot of martial arts left in him." But Hughes, who lost the UFC title to St-Pierre at UFC 65 in November 2006, says now may be the time for St-Pierre to finish on a winning note. "The UFC would hate me saying this but Im going to say it anyway," said Hughes, now vice-president of athlete development and government relations for the UFC. "If I was GSP, Id probably hang them up. Here I am a guy that lost my (last) two fights and Id love to get back in there (to finish on a win). And Georges got his hand raised the last fight. Udonis Haslem Jersey. "So if I had to give advice, Id say, You want to get out? Get out." The 40-year-old Hughes, a UFC Hall of Famer, prefaced his remarks by saying he is a fan of St. Pierre. "I like him. He always gets his hand raised and he always does it with a method. But he took a punishment with Johny Hendricks and you could tell that by his face at the (post-fight) press conference. "Hes made a lot of money. I dont know what he makes a fight, but hes made a lot of money. He made a lot more money than I have. And Im retired. So he could step back, retire. Hes got plenty of money. "And it seems like maybe hes even lost a little bit of the drive. I wish he was more wanting to go out and finish somebody nowadays. Its just like hes going out there and kind of going through the moves, so I dont think his hearts there. "He did get beat up last time. I dont know if he wants to come back and take a beating like that." If GSP was to return to the Octagon, there will be people waiting to welcome him. "Hes going to come back against a guy like Robbie Lawler, whos going to hit him. And Johny Hendricks, whos going to hit him," said Hughes. Hughes also cited St-Pierre branching out into movies like "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." "So theres not many reasons for him to come back ... You tell me whats he got to come back for?" Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz