Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

04.01.2019 08:38
survive a challenge Antworten

HOUSTON -- Derek Jeter began the first game of his final season by getting plunked with a pitch. Kevin Huber Jersey . The Astros then beat up on CC Sabathia even worse, ensuring the captains farewell tour would start with a Yankees loss. Jesus Guzman and L.J. Hoes homered off Sabathia to help the Houston Astros roll to a 6-2 win against New York on Tuesday night. "Trying to get your first win, your first hit, your first run, anything is kind of difficult to do," Jeter said. "The first, sometimes, is tough to come by." Jeter was hit on the left arm by Scott Feldman in his first at-bat and ended 1 for 3 with a single. The 13-time All-Star who helped New York to five World Series titles announced in February we would retire after his 20th season. "I was a little extra anxious because I hadnt played in a while, but when I got hit, I think that actually helped," said Jeter, who missed most of last season with injuries. The Astros added Dexter Fowler and Feldman to improve a team coming off three straight 100-loss seasons. On the first day, it worked. Fowler had two doubles as Houston jumped on Sabathia for six runs in the first two innings. Feldman allowed two hits in 6 2-3 innings in his Houston debut after signing a three-year, $30 million contract "This entire spring leading up to opening day we built that vibe up where these guys are confident, theyre playing with a lot of energy, focus," manager Bo Porter said. "The attention to detail is outstanding. Everybody wants to get out to a good start." Sabathia led the majors last season with 122 runs allowed and finished with a career-worst 4.78 ERA. Things went bad for him from the start on Monday night in a matchup of the leagues youngest vs. oldest rosters. "It got out of hand early," Sabathia said. "Ive got 34 -- hopefully more -- starts left. Im definitely not going to pitch like I did tonight in the first two innings. I know I can pitch. I love to get guys out. I feel great, so no Im not going to beat myself up over this." Yankees manager Joe Girardi tried not to make too much of the loss. "Well, its not what you want, but I had a feeling we were going to lose a game at some point this year," he said. "So, we got it out of the way early." Fowler, traded from Colorado this off-season, hit a leadoff double and scored on a one-out single by Jose Altuve that rolled just out of reach of a diving Jeter and into the outfield. Altuve made it 2-0 when he scored on a fielders choice by Jason Castro later in the inning. Things got worse for Sabathia when Guzman launched the first pitch he saw with the Astros into left-centre field for a two-run homer to push the lead to 4-0. Hoes -- making his opening day debut -- opened the second inning with a home run to left field. Altuve made it 6-0 with an RBI single. Sabathia allowed eight hits and six runs in six innings. The Yankees couldnt do much offensively until the eighth inning when Brian McCann and Mark Teixeira hit consecutive RBI singles off Chad Qualls to make it 6-2. Qualls got out of the inning when Alfonso Soriano grounded into a double play For the first time since 1947 and just the second time in team history, every position except pitcher had a different player on opening day than it did in New Yorks previous opener. The Yankees began 2013 with a loss to Boston and among those who have either moved on or to the bench are star second baseman Robinson Cano (who signed with Seattle) and aging outfielder Ichiro Suzuki (now a reserve for New York). Brett Gardner was the only player in both lineups, though he moved from centre to left to make room Jacoby Ellsbury, one of several newly acquired star for the Yankees. Feldman sailed through the first three innings against the new Bronx Bombers and New Yorks first hit didnt come until Carlos Beltran singled with one out in the fourth. He didnt allow another baserunner until Teixeira singled with one out in the seventh. NOTES: Former President George H.W. Bush and wife Barbara watched the game from front row seats behind the dugout. ... Hall of Fame pitcher Nolan Ryan, who returned to the Astros as an executive advisor in February, threw out the ceremonial first pitch to Craig Biggio. The pitch was terrible, flying far out of Biggios reach. "I tell you, my catcher didnt try," Ryan joked. "That ball wasnt that far outside and he just didnt get over." Jessie Bates III Jersey . -- Arkansas didnt need a spectacular dunk to beat No. John Ross Jersey . Vargas (8-3) allowed four singles and two walks while striking out five, allowing only two runners from a diluted Twins lineup to reach second base. Mike Moustakas and Jarrod Dyson hit RBI singles in the second inning against Kevin Correia (4-10), and that was all Vargas needed. http://www.officialcincinnatibengalsfootball.com/authentic-michael-johnson-jersey-womens . On Sunday, head coach Patrick Roy said the teams leading scorer will skate at Mondays morning practice and the club will make a decision on his status for Game 6 at that point.Charlottesville, VA (SportsNetwork.com) - Anthony Gill amassed career bests of 25 points and 13 rebounds, helping third-ranked Virginia survive a challenge from Davidson and come through with an 83-72 victory. Nineteen of Gills points came in the second half as the Cavaliers (12-0) overcame an early 12-point deficit to achieve their first 12-0 start since 1981-82. Malcolm Brogdon added 16 points and Darion Atkins had 13 along with 10 rebounds in a game in which Virginia trailed with under 11 1/2 minutes left before eventually pulling away. Davidson (9-2), averaging a Division-I best 87.7 points per game coming in, received 21 points from Jack Gibbs and a 20-point, seven-rebound effort from Tyler Kalinoski. The Wildcats had won seven straight since a 90-72 loss to North Carolina in Charlotte on Nov. 22, and gave Virginia all it could handle for much of the contest until ultimately running out of steam. When (Virginia) got their offense running and got the crowd into it, their defense was clicking more, especially in the second half, said Kalinoski. I thought we had great looks, but they just werent going down for us. Davidson owned a 52-51 edge following Brian Sullivans 3-pointer with 11:21 to play, but Virginia answered with a 12-3 run and continued to separate from the Wildcats the rest of the way. Justin Anderson buried triples on consecutive Cavalier possessions, the first breaking a 55-55 tie, before London Perrantes fed Atkins underneath to cap the spurt and stake UVA to a 63-55 lead. Those were significant, Cavaliers head coach Tony Bennett said of Andersons 3-pointers. Then our defense fed off the crowd and their energy and made them get some tough stops. Davidson drew within 67-61 with 6:19 left on another triple from Sullivan, but Gill scored on the Cavs next two trips down the court. His 3-point play with 3:06 remaining all but ended the Wildcats upset bid, putting Virginia up by a 78-65 count. The Cavaliers entered Tuesdays clash yiellding a nations best 46. Vincent Rey Jersey. 2 points per game, but Davidson came within striking distance of that number less than 15 minutes in behind the sharp shooting of Gibbs and Kalinoski. The duo combined to go 6-of-7 from 3-point range to begin the game, with both figuring into a 9-0 run that put the Wildcats up 17-9 with 13 1/2 minutes to go in the first half. Kalinoski and Gibbs knocked down back-to-back treys later in the period to increase the lead to 29-17, and Davidson owned a 34-22 cushion five minutes prior to the intermission. I thought our urgency and our alertness or awareness to start the game, and transition defense was very poor, Bennett said. Gibbs dominated and he got into the elbows and our bigs were going back and all you could see were the back of their heads. We told our guys all week that this will be one of the hardest offenses you will try to guard because they back it up with shooting and cutting. Virginia clamped down from that stage on, however, limiting the Wildcats to just one basket over the remainder of the half while concluding the frame on a 10-2 surge to trim the margin to 36-32 at the break. The Cavaliers regained the upper hand with a 6-0 run three minutes into the second half that gave them a 40-38 lead, and the game remained tight until Virginia seized control over the final 10 minutes. Game Notes Davidson shot 48.2 percent against a Cavalier defense that had held its first 11 opponents to 40 percent or under, including a 8-of-50 (16 percent) display by Harvard in Virginias last outing on Dec. 21 ... The Cavs also had allowed less than 70 points in their previous 17 games, the longest streak in the nation ... Anderson finished with 14 points, with Sullivan netting 14 for Davidson ... UVa has won eight straight meetings with the Wildcats ... Davidson fell to 1-20 against ranked teams since their run to the Elite Eight of the 2008 NCAA Tournament. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz