Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 108 mal aufgerufen
 Anmeldung
zhanjiao1212 Offline

Mrigg

20.07.2018 07:47
I think, definitely, I really kickstarted maybe the last week," Park said. Antworten

LONDON -- Victoria Duval, an 18-year-old American tennis player, has been diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma but expects to make a full recovery within months after undergoing treatment for the cancer. Alex McGough Jersey . Duval, who lost in the second round at Wimbledon last week, was diagnosed after a biopsy was taken in England before Wimbledon and further tests in the United States confirmed the results, her management team said Friday. "It is with a heavy heart that I will have to step away from tennis competition for a short period after being diagnosed with Hodgkins lymphoma," Duval said in the statement. The statement said Hodgkins, the most common form of cancer in adolescents, "was caught in a very early stage." "(She) will undergo treatment right away and due to her overall good health and isolation of the cancer, the prognosis is a full recovery in a few months," the statement said. Treatment for Hodgkins lymphoma, a cancer of the white blood cells, has a high rate of success among young people. Its the latest challenge for Duval and her family: as a child, she was kidnapped in her parents home country of Haiti. And her father was trapped for days in the rubble of his house there after a devastating 2010 earthquake. Duval reached the second round of the U.S. Open last year, beating 2011 champion Sam Stosur in the first round. As a qualifier in the main draw last week at Wimbledon, she lost in the second round to Belinda Bencic of Switzerland. Duval said she received the news after the first round of qualifying at Wimbledon, but decided to continue playing. She beat 29th-seeded Sorana Cirstea of Romania 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 in the first round. "Being on court provided me with much comfort," she said. "I have complete faith that God will assist me and my family with all that we need, to achieve victory and become stronger from this journey. I picture myself healthy, stronger and competing again soon." Billie Jean King said in a tweet that Duval "is a fighter and she will approach this new challenge with a plan and a conviction to win. Thoughts go out to her & family." The Philadelphia Freedoms confirmed Duval would miss the World Team Tennis season beginning in July. Players plan to support Duval by wearing a special patch with her initials. Based in Bradenton, Florida, Duval was born in in the U.S. but grew up Haiti. She has said that when she was 7, she and some cousins were taken hostage there by robbers. "Its not a good memory, so Ive tried to forget as much as I could about it," Duval said at last years U.S. Open when the subject was raised after her win over Stosur. "I dont remember too much of it anymore, which is great." In 2010, when Haiti was rocked by an earthquake, her father was badly injured in the rubble. "Theres a lot to be thankful for. I dont take anything for granted. ... My Dad is really fortunate to be here," she told the U.S. Open crowd last year during an on-court interview. Other tennis players have had recent successful returns from Hodgkins lymphoma. At this years Australian Open, British player Ross Hutchins returned to the tour after almost a year-long layoff and several months of chemotherapy. Alisa Kleybanova of Russia came back at the 2013 U.S. Open after missing nearly two seasons because of the illness. Hutchins, a doubles player, and Kleybanova, in singles and doubles, both played at Wimbledon this year. Shaquem Griffin Seahawks Jersey . Hes recovered from a scary injury and cleared to play. Mingo, who was hospitalized with a bruised lung he sustained in an Aug. Seattle Seahawks Jerseys .com) - The Denver Nuggets snapped a losing streak last time out and will try to carry that momentum Saturday night when they welcome the Indiana Pacers to the Pepsi Center. http://www.footballseahawksfanatics.com/authentic-ed-dickson-seahawks-jersey/ . -- LaMarcus Aldridge returned to the Trail Blazers lineup, happy to know that things didnt go awry without him.WATERLOO, Ont. -- Despite periods of steady rain, Inbee Park was on fire. The South Korean burned up Grey Silo Golf Course on Sunday, tying a course record of 10-under 61 to win the Manulife Financial LPGA Classic by three strokes at 23-under par. Five birdies on the front nine and five on the back sealed the 10th career win and first this season for Park, who was two strokes off leader Shanshan Feng of China heading into the final round. Feng faltered on the day and was only able to shoot 3 under par 68 to finish at 18 under, slipping into third place. Miamis Christie Kerr blew by Feng with a bogey-free round of 8 under 63 to finish at 20-under par. Park will take home the $225,000 of the $1.5-million moving her up to fourth on the money list this season at $744,510. Kerr earned $136,903 and Feng $99,314. Had it not been for Parks scorching putter, Kerr might have caught her. "It seems like today I just put the putter head on my ball and it just wants to go in the hole. It was just one of those days where I really didnt need to try hard to make it go in. I just needed to really trust my break and just play my own golf," Park said, explaining her barrage of birdies. Park admitted she peeked at the leaderboard from time to time, as she didnt really pull away from the pack until she birdied the 14th hole to go to 22-under par and stretch her lead to four strokes. "I didnt really watch the board all the time. I watched a couple times and I knew everybody was having a good score. I didnt know where Christie was because she wasnt playing with me, but I always knew where Shanshan was." Feng said she was in awe of Parks putting, not believing that she could sink so many birdies. At one point, Park was in position for a coveted and extremely rare 59. "I was joking with her, because she made all the putts almost a I said, Do you have GPS in your ball," Feng said with a laugh. "She said this was her first time to putt this well this year. I said well, I bring you good luck, so she owes me dinner now. Shes going to spend a lot of money." Though she had a hard time keeping pace with Park, Feng wouldnt let up and cooncede the tournament. D.J. Fluker Jersey. "I didnt give up any time during the round," she said. "Three-under wasnt a great score, but I think I did well the whole week." Kerr basically had to tip her hat to Park for her day on the course. "I never looked at the scoreboard until I came off 17 just, with a reachable par 5, to see where I was and I was stunned because I was 7 under for the day (at that point). Youd think youd be close," Kerr said, adding that she did everything she possible could for the last two days, shooting a combined 14-under par. "I guess that second round at 2 under kind of hurt me. But I mean, with this kind of golf course, you have to have four really stellar days and I had three really stellar days. You know, theres only one winner so I have to be pleased with my performance." If Kerr and Feng has anyone to blame for Parks performance this week its Stacy Lewis, who knocked Park out of first in the Rolex rankings last week after 59 weeks as No. 1. "I think, definitely, I really kickstarted maybe the last week," Park said. "I just needed some kind of breakthrough or some kind of motivation to go lower. I played great golf, but just not enough. I feel like Im playing better golf and Ive got a lot of confidence from this week." Also gaining confidence is Sue Kim of Langley, B.C., who was the top Canadian at the tournament, finishing in a tie for 35th at 8 under par after shooting 3 under on the day. Kim said she almost skipped the tournament to have a week of rest after missing the cut the last two weeks in New Jersey and Alabama. "I hit it great out there," Kim said. "I hit the greens in regulation, every day, was improving. I hit 17 greens today and just gave myself a lot of birdie chances." Being the low Canadian on the weekend was special to her. "In Canada, as a Canadian, I always want to represent as well as I can," she said. Behind Kim was Brooke Henderson (68) of Smith Falls, Ont., and Hamiltons Alena Sharp (71) at 6 under, Jennifer Kirby (70) of Paris, Ont., at 4 under, and Brantfords Nicole Vandermade (72) at 2. White NFL Jerseys Cheap Youth NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Stitched NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Autographed Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz