Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 69 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

12.01.2019 09:18
Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your em Antworten

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Cheap Jordan 11 Wholesale .ca! Hi Kerry, In the Leafs/Penguins game on Monday night Rob Bortuzzo hits Jerry DAmigo, which leads to a 2-on-1 for the Leafs. No Pens ever touched the puck and the Leafs had a clear scoring opportunity. Why would the refs blow this play dead before a shot is even taken? Thanks,Chris --- Kerry, during Monday nights game between Pittsburgh and Toronto, Robert Bortuzzo hit Jerry DAmigo with a body check that appeared legal - at least to me. He was assessed a two-minute minor penalty for an "illegal hit to the head." Kerry, if you look at this on the replay, DAmigos body was bent over, clearly in the line of Bortuzzos shoulder. Bortuzzo did not target the head and thus should not have been assessed the penalty. To me, that hit was a clean body check. I am fast becoming an anti-NHL fan if this is the direction the league is going. Thanks,Karl Sundbo Chris and Karl: When a player delivers a devastating check, especially one that makes significant contact to the head of his opponent, the referees first and primary concern is for the safety of a player that might be in distress and require immediate medical response. Puck possession and a potential scoring opportunity become secondary when contact to the head and concussion related injuries are currently such sensitive and hot topic issues within the entire hockey community. The sight of Jerry DAmigo turned face down after being struck in the head by the tremendous upward velocity (video) generated through the check by Robert Bortuzzo might have even given the Officials cause to reflect on the number of times that players have been evacuated from the ice on stretchers this season. I commend the Official that blew his whistle to stop play in this situation. He was the "first responder" in providing swift medical attention to Jerry DAmico who appeared to be in obvious distress. Whenever a player is struck in the head with significant force I believe you will see the Officials will err on the side of caution to stop the play. It was certainly good to see Jerry DAmico return to the Leafs bench after being fully evaluated. Karl, as much I would hate to see you become an anti-NHL fan I dislike these "legal" checks to the head even more! Far too often excuses are being made for a player that delivers a devastating hit to the head when his opponent is vulnerable. Granted, Jerry DAmigos posture was low as he extended to play the puck; one that Robert Bortuzzo also made a stab at with his stick. DAmigo was certainly exposed and vulnerable to be legally checked and, as we know, must take responsibility for placing himself in this position. This is where hits of this nature go beyond acceptable for me with regard to "player safety" issues. Why, instead of just making reasonable contact to eliminate a player or finish a check, does the current "gladiator culture" of hitting deem it necessary to knock an opponent into the outer limits of space! I dont particularly blame Robert Bortuzzo for taking the shot when it was available to him. I say this even though I deplore the fact that Bortuzzo felt the need to elevate and fully leave his skates at impact against a smaller, bent over and vulnerable opponent. Like so many players today, Robert Bortuzzo likely believes thats whats expected of him; even when his opponents head is vulnerable. This mindset has become second nature and instinctive for todays players. It must be altered. I place much of the blame on the keepers of the game for letting this excessive culture of hitting perpetuate over time and consistently erode an ever declining respect players demonstrate toward their opponent! Many around the keepers table will deem this just another "good hockey play" as they hand out suspensions in an attempt to hold players accountable and make "better decisions" in dangerous situations. It will take a greater effort to derail this runaway train wreck because the train left the station years ago. Stephane Richer shared with me a valuable lesson that he learned from Hall of Fame defenceman Larry Robinson in a pre-season game in Richers rookie year with the Montreal Canadiens. The Habs were playing the Oilers in Northlands Coliseum when Richer cross-checked Oilers captain Lee Fogolin in front of the net. As Fogolin then pursued a loose puck behind the net, Richer hit Fogolin right in the numbers driving the veteran player face first into the boards. Fogolin turned and the two players fought. Stephane Richer was feeling pretty good about the outcome of the fight and his contribution as a rookie player. He did what he thought was expected of him. Richer was even expecting high-fives from his teammates upon his return to the Habs bench after serving the major penalty for fighting. Instead of a pat on the back, Larry Robinson had a heart to heart talk with young Mr. Richer on the Canadiens bench. Robinson explained to the rookie that to earn respect around the NHL he must show respect toward his opponents. The great Larry Robinson continued the lesson by adding, whenever a players numbers were exposed which placed the opponent in a dangerous or vulnerable position you dont hit him with any force. At times like that just do what is necessary to contain your opponent. Robinson suggested Richer would earn more respect for playing that way! I hope it isnt too late for this lesson to be instilled in the present generation of NHL players. All aboard! Air Jordan 11 For Sale Australia . The Redblacks are taking on the Edmonton Eskimos in their second regular season game Friday night. Catch the game live on TSN as the back end of a doubleheader starting at 10pm et/7pm pt. Jordan 11 Authentic Cheap . Specifically, thumbs up to the Canadian-based teams in the NHL, or at least most of them. http://www.airjordan11australia.com/ . In the days leading up to the draft, TSN.ca and TSN Radio basketball analyst Duane Watson looks at some of the names that will be headlining the event. Tonight, Michigans Nik Stauskas of Mississauga, Ontario.Norman, OK (SportsNetwork.com) - The Bedlam rivalry between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State proved to be quite calm as the 18th-ranked Sooners rolled over the 24th-ranked Cowboys, 82-65, on Saturday. Buddy Hield did not miss from the floor on his way to a 27-point game that included four 3-pointers for the Sooners (12-5, 3-2 Big 12). Jordan Woodard added 13 points and Ryan Spangler scored 11 points with 11 rebounds. My teammates found me in good spots, said Hield. I just stepped up and made some shots, but I couldnt do it without them. Hats off to them for finding me. Oklahomas defense was effective against the conferences two leading scorers, LeBryan Nash and Phil Forte. The Cowboys stars were limited to 15 and 11 points, respectively, well below their combined average of over 35 points per game. Off the bench for Oklahoma State (12-5, 2-3), Leyton Hammonds hit five shots from long distance for 15 points. Anthony Hickey chipped in 14 points with eight boards. After Oklahoma State scored the first bucket to go up 2-0, it was all downhill for the Cowboys. Oklahoma went on an 11-0 run to take command of the game. The Cowboys later got baskets on consecutive possessions, but Oklahoma State would not hit a shot from the field in the final six minutes of the half. Yeah, we didnt start the gamee the way we needed to, said Cowboys coach Travis Ford. Wholesale Air Jordan 11 Australia. The Cowboys went 0-for-13 from beyond the arc in the first half. Meanwhile, Hield could not miss. He was 3-of-3 from long distance in an 18-point first half as the Sooners took a 41-20 lead into the break. After missing 25 straight 3-pointers dating back to the first half against Kansas on Tuesday, the Cowboys finally connected from long distance 8 1/2 minutes into the second half. Hammonds hit his first 3 of the game, but Oklahoma State still trailed by 19. With 5 1/2 minutes to go, Hickeys layup cut the Cowboys deficit to 15. Hield responded immediately with another 3. A few trips down the floor later, Hickey hit a triple of his own to pull within 14 points, but again the Sooners had an answer from long range, this time courtesy of Frank Booker. Game Notes All three of Oklahoma States conference losses have come on the road ... This is just the second time since 2005 that Bedlam has been played between two ranked teams ... With five steals, Hickey moved past 250 in his career ... The Sooners are the first team to shoot better than 50 percent against the Cowboys ... Oklahoma travels to Kansas for its next game on Monday, and Oklahoma State hosts Texas Tech on Wednesday. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz