Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 90 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
zxlbxj1 Offline

Abbil

23.07.2018 10:14
BEAVER CREEK, Colo. -- Lindsey Vonn knows it was just some youthful exuberance when teenager Mikaela Shiffrin playfully announce Antworten

BEAVER CREEK, Colo. -- Lindsey Vonn knows it was just some youthful exuberance when teenager Mikaela Shiffrin playfully announced she was dreaming of winning five gold medals at the next Winter Olympics. Vonn certainly appreciates such a lofty goal by Shiffrin, who captured the slalom title at the Sochi Games last month. A light-hearted warning, though. "Im going to compete in the 2018 Olympics," Vonn said with a laugh. "So shes going to have tough competition in the speed events." With four years down the road in mind, Vonn is taking it slow with her surgically repaired right knee. She said she doesnt anticipate a return to racing until early December. The four-time overall World Cup champion had her ACL fixed for a second time in January, sidelining her for Sochi. As it turned out, there was "quite a bit of meniscus damage" in the knee and thats caused her to push back her time frame. Vonn hopes to train on snow by October and be racing in Lake Louise, Alberta, two months later, on a hill where shes always done well. But thats all tentative. No sense rushing back to racing, no matter how antsy shes growing to step back into the starting gate. "If I have to push the date back when I start, so be it," Vonn told The Associated Press on Saturday. "To ensure the next four years go smoothly, I have to give this meniscus some time to heal." In between rehabilitation sessions, the 29-year-old Vonn is finding plenty of other things to occupy her time. Shes sneaking in some fly fishing with her dog, Leo, starting a new foundation and having coffee with skiing great Annemarie Moser-Proell, whose record Vonn is chasing. Vonn remains three wins from matching the World Cup record of 62 race victories by Moser-Proell. "She wants me to break her record," Vonn said. "You dont see that. I think shes a really, really nice person and I really enjoyed spending time with her." Vonn ventured around Beaver Creek on Saturday to support "Ski Girls Rock," a program that focuses on empowering girls through skiing. She met with the kids, signed autographs, posed for pictures and then called a brief timeout to sit on an outdoor couch near a fire pit to rest her knee and film a video. She put an ice bag on the knee as she settled into the couch. "The knee is coming along nicely," she said. "Its obviously a slow process, but Im making progress every day, so thats good." Vonn has already decided shes not even going to try to walk every hole as she trails boyfriend Tiger Woods around at the Masters next month -- provided, of course, Woods even plays, given his ailing back. "Well see how far I make it," Vonn said. "With my meniscus the way it is, its not great to be on my feet all the time." Vonn tore two ligaments in her right knee during a high-speed crash at the world championships in February 2013. She then re-injured her surgically repaired ACL in a crash during training last November. Vonn tried to rehab the knee in time for Sochi, but sprained her MCL racing a downhill in France on Dec. 21. Even though it was difficult not competing in Sochi, Vonn said she caught nearly all of the races. However, her computer crashed just before the second run of the womens slalom. She missed quite a recovery from Shiffrin, who overcame a major mistake to win gold. "Mikaela is skiing incredible," Vonn said. "With her slalom, shes in a league of her own right now." Very soon, Shiffrin will be stepping into Vonns domain -- the speed events. Shiffrin recently squeezed in some super-G training at Beaver Creek on Raptor, the race hill for the world championships next February. She may just ski a few speed events next season. "Ideally, I would race my first super-G with all these girls at the world champions at Beaver Creek and win," said Shiffrin, who was thrown a welcome-home party by Vail on Friday. "Thats my mindset, where Im going to come out of the wood-work and be like, Ive never raced against you girls and Im starting bib 60 and Im going to beat you all. Thats not really possible. But well see how it goes." While Shiffrin is emerging as the next big thing, some of Vonns good friends on the circuit -- like Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany -- are calling it a career. "Its going to be weird to not have them there," Vonn said. "Im just really itching to get back to racing. I want to race. "Thats the only frustration I have in my life right now, which is not bad. It means things are pretty good." D.J. Moore Panthers Jersey . On July 27 cyclings best-known race will host "La Course by Le Tour de France" -- a one-day womens competition staged hours before Tour riders race on the same circuit to finish the three-week event on Paris Champs-Elysees. Marquis Haynes Jersey . - Mark Sanchez found out the New York Jets had acquired Tim Tebow on a conference call with team management. http://www.panthersapparelsshop.com/daes...rs-jersey-c-50/. Off-Season Game Plan looks at the Capitals possible summer plans, with the understanding that its tough to plot a direction without a general manager or head coach around which to set those expectations. Jarius Wright Panthers Jersey . The three Calgary natives will compete after the sport was skipped by the Vancouver Games in 2010 but later included on the program for Sochi, Russia. The fight to include womens ski jumping prior to Vancouver went to the courts only to have the Supreme Court of Canada rule against the athletes appeal in 2009. Donte Jackson Jersey . "Im not doing enough to help them," Durant told The Oklahoman on Monday of his 28-9 team. "Im shooting too much. Im shooting too many threes. Im not helping them out at all.PORTLAND, Ore. -- The plan was for Clint Dempsey to go 60 minutes and see how he was feeling less than 72 hours after playing 90 minutes in a U.S. national team exhibition against Mexico. When the one-hour mark arrived, Dempsey and the Seattle Sounders were trailing rival Portland by two goals. He wasnt about to check out. Dempsey scored the first hat trick in his MLS career, including goals in the 85th and 87th minutes to help the Sounders rally late for a wild 4-4 draw with the Timbers on Saturday. "You always feel good when you are contributing, scoring goals or getting assists," Dempsey said. "Im in a good rhythm at the moment and its about continuing that form." Trailing 4-2 for most of the second half after goals from Diego Chara and Maximiliano Urruti early in the half gave Portland the advantage, Dempsey led Seattles stunning late comeback to earn a point in the first Cascadia rivalry matchup of the season. Dempsey scored in the 85th minute to get Seattle within 4-3, a goal that felt was coming with the pressure the Sounders were pushing forward. Seconds later, Seattle defender DeAndre Yedlin was taken down in the penalty box by Portlands Ben Zemanski and referee Hilario Grajeda immediately pointed to the penalty spot. Yedlin said he was hoping to draw a penalty on the play and Zemanski obliged by clipping the young Seattle defender. After a brief discussion with Gonzalo Pineda, who was expecting to take the penalty kick, Dempsey stepped up. He converted the chance, beating former Seattle goalkeeper Andrew Weber to get Seattle even. "That point today felt like more than a point. It kind of felt like a win," Dempsey said. The afternoon was an advertisement for the league, even if it gave the coaches heartburn. Play was wide open and end-to-end. There were 41 shots and countless near misses. There were four goals in the first 25 minutes -- including goals from Seattles Kenny Cooper, Portland Diego Valeri and Dempsey -- along with the two late scores.dddddddddddd And the biggest star on the field burned brightest even if he was a little tired at the end. "Hes a leader. He wants to lead this team. He wants to show that last year was not the Clint Dempsey that were going to see this year," Seattle coach Sigi Schmid said. "And he wants to show people hes ready for the World Cup. I think he did that today." Seattle walked off thrilled with the final result and knowing there were other missed chances in the final minutes to get a winner. Meanwhile, the Timbers stood stunned BEAVER CREEK, Colo. -- Lindsey Vonn knows it was just some youthful exuberance when teenager Mikaela Shiffrin playfully announced she was dreaming of winning five gold medals at the next Winter Olympics. Vonn certainly appreciates such a lofty goal by Shiffrin, who captured the slalom title at the Sochi Games last month. A light-hearted warning, though. "Im going to compete in the 2018 Olympics," Vonn said with a laugh. "So shes going to have tough competition in the speed events." With four years down the road in mind, Vonn is taking it slow with her surgically repaired right knee. She said she doesnt anticipate a return to racing until early December. The four-time overall World Cup champion had her ACL fixed for a second time in January, sidelining her for Sochi. As it turned out, there was "quite a bit of meniscus damage" in the knee and thats caused her to push back her time frame. Vonn hopes to train on snow by October and be racing in Lake Louise, Alberta, two months later, on a hill where shes always done well. But thats all tentative. No sense rushing back to racing, no matter how antsy shes growing to step back into the starting gate. "If I have to push the date back when I start, so be it," Vonn told The Associated Press on Saturday. "To ensure the next four years go smoothly, I have to give this meniscus some time to heal." In between rehabilitation sessions, the 29-year-old Vonn is finding plenty of other things to occupy her time. Shes sneaking in some fly fishing with her dog, Leo, starting a new foundation and having coffee with skiing great Annemarie Moser-Proell, whose record Vonn is chasing. Vonn remains three wins from matching the World Cup record of 62 race victories by Moser-Proell. "She wants me to break her record," Vonn said. "You dont see that. I think shes a really, really nice person and I really enjoyed spending time with her." Vonn ventured around Beaver Creek on Saturday to support "Ski Girls Rock," a program that focuses on empowering girls through skiing. She met with the kids, signed autographs, posed for pictures and then called a brief timeout to sit on an outdoor couch near a fire pit to rest her knee and film a video. She put an ice bag on the knee as she settled into the couch. "The knee is coming along nicely," she said. "Its obviously a slow process, but Im making progress every day, so thats good." Vonn has already decided shes not even going to try to walk every hole as she trails boyfriend Tiger Woods around at the Masters next month -- provided, of course, Woods even plays, given his ailing back. "Well see how far I make it," Vonn said. "With my meniscus the way it is, its not great to be on my feet all the time." Vonn tore two ligaments in her right knee during a high-speed crash at the world championships in February 2013. She then re-injured her surgically repaired ACL in a crash during training last November. Vonn tried to rehab the knee in time for Sochi, but sprained her MCL racing a downhill in France on Dec. 21. Even though it was difficult not competing in Sochi, Vonn said she caught nearly all of the races. However, her computer crashed just before the second run of the womens slalom. She missed quite a recovery from Shiffrin, who overcame a major mistake to win gold. "Mikaela is skiing incredible," Vonn said. "With her slalom, shes in a league of her own right now." Very soon, Shiffrin will be stepping into Vonns domain -- the speed events. Shiffrin recently squeezed in some super-G training at Beaver Creek on Raptor, the race hill for the world championships next February. She may just ski a few speed events next season. "Ideally, I would race my first super-G with all these girls at the world champions at Beaver Creek and win," said Shiffrin, who was thrown a welcome-home party by Vail on Friday. "Thats my mindset, where Im going to come out of the wood-work and be like, Ive never raced against you girls and Im starting bib 60 and Im going to beat you all. Thats not really possible. But well see how it goes." While Shiffrin is emerging as the next big thing, some of Vonns good friends on the circuit -- like Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany -- are calling it a career. "Its going to be weird to not have them there," Vonn said. "Im just really itching to get back to racing. I want to race. "Thats the only frustration I have in my life right now, which is not bad. It means things are pretty good." D.J. Moore Panthers Jersey . On July 27 cyclings best-known race will host "La Course by Le Tour de France" -- a one-day womens competition staged hours before Tour riders race on the same circuit to finish the three-week event on Paris Champs-Elysees. Marquis Haynes Jersey . - Mark Sanchez found out the New York Jets had acquired Tim Tebow on a conference call with team management. http://www.panthersapparelsshop.com/daes...rs-jersey-c-50/. Off-Season Game Plan looks at the Capitals possible summer plans, with the understanding that its tough to plot a direction without a general manager or head coach around which to set those expectations. Jarius Wright Panthers Jersey . The three Calgary natives will compete after the sport was skipped by the Vancouver Games in 2010 but later included on the program for Sochi, Russia. The fight to include womens ski jumping prior to Vancouver went to the courts only to have the Supreme Court of Canada rule against the athletes appeal in 2009. Donte Jackson Jersey . "Im not doing enough to help them," Durant told The Oklahoman on Monday of his 28-9 team. "Im shooting too much. Im shooting too many threes. Im not helping them out at all.PORTLAND, Ore. -- The plan was for Clint Dempsey to go 60 minutes and see how he was feeling less than 72 hours after playing 90 minutes in a U.S. national team exhibition against Mexico. When the one-hour mark arrived, Dempsey and the Seattle Sounders were trailing rival Portland by two goals. He wasnt about to check out. Dempsey scored the first hat trick in his MLS career, including goals in the 85th and 87th minutes to help the Sounders rally late for a wild 4-4 draw with the Timbers on Saturday. "You always feel good when you are contributing, scoring goals or getting assists," Dempsey said. "Im in a good rhythm at the moment and its about continuing that form." Trailing 4-2 for most of the second half after goals from Diego Chara and Maximiliano Urruti early in the half gave Portland the advantage, Dempsey led Seattles stunning late comeback to earn a point in the first Cascadia rivalry matchup of the season. Dempsey scored in the 85th minute to get Seattle within 4-3, a goal that felt was coming with the pressure the Sounders were pushing forward. Seconds later, Seattle defender DeAndre Yedlin was taken down in the penalty box by Portlands Ben Zemanski and referee Hilario Grajeda immediately pointed to the penalty spot. Yedlin said he was hoping to draw a penalty on the play and Zemanski obliged by clipping the young Seattle defender. After a brief discussion with Gonzalo Pineda, who was expecting to take the penalty kick, Dempsey stepped up. He converted the chance, beating former Seattle goalkeeper Andrew Weber to get Seattle even. "That point today felt like more than a point. It kind of felt like a win," Dempsey said. The afternoon was an advertisement for the league, even if it gave the coaches heartburn. Play was wide open and end-to-end. There were 41 shots and countless near misses. There were four goals in the first 25 minutes -- including goals from Seattles Kenny Cooper, Portland Diego Valeri and Dempsey -- along with the two late scores.dddddddddddd And the biggest star on the field burned brightest even if he was a little tired at the end. "Hes a leader. He wants to lead this team. He wants to show that last year was not the Clint Dempsey that were going to see this year," Seattle coach Sigi Schmid said. "And he wants to show people hes ready for the World Cup. I think he did that today." Seattle walked off thrilled with the final result and knowing there were other missed chances in the final minutes to get a winner. Meanwhile, the Timbers stood stunned as the worst start in their brief history continued. The Timbers have generally been slow starters since joining the league in 2011, but now have just three points after five games, not the opening anyone in Portland expected after reaching the Western Conference finals last season. "You should never give up 4 goals, and you should never tie a game if you score 4 goals," Portland coach Caleb Porter said. Chara was the star until Dempsey took over. On his 28th birthday, Chara scored in MLS play for the first time since September 2011. Seattle defence was willing to give him space and he took advantage with two perfectly placed shots from outside the penalty box. His first goal in the ninth minute deflected off goalkeeper Stephen Freis hand but had enough force to get into the net. His second goal, and what appeared to be the winner, came from about 25 yards and Frei had no chance at the save. Both times, Seattles defenders failed to step up and defend Charas shot. "I feel good, but obviously completely not happy with the game," Chara said. "We should have won that game, so to score 2 goals, for me, is good, but Id rather see a W than me score 2 goals." Urrutis goal in the 57th minute appeared to give Portland plenty of cushion. But Dempsey said otherwise and both sides had to settle for the draw in one of the wilder matchups of a rivalry dating to the mid-1970s. Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' 'history continued. The Timbers have generally been slow starters since joining the league in 2011, but now have just three points after five games, not the opening anyone in Portland expected after reaching the Western Conference finals last season. "You should never give up 4 goals, and you should never tie a game if you score 4 goals," Portland coach Caleb Porter said. Chara was the star until Dempsey took over. On his 28th birthday, Chara scored in MLS play for the first time since September 2011. Seattle defence was willing to give him space and he took advantage with two perfectly placed shots from outside the penalty box. His first goal in the ninth minute deflected off goalkeeper Stephen Freis hand but had enough force to get into the net. His second goal, and what appeared to be the winner, came from about 25 yards and Frei had no chance at the save. Both times, Seattles defenders failed to step up and defend Charas shot. "I feel good, but obviously completely not happy with the game," Chara said. "We should have won that game, so to score 2 goals, for me, is good, but Id rather see a W than me score 2 goals." Urrutis goal in the 57th minute appeared to give Portland plenty of cushion. But Dempsey said otherwise and both sides had to settle for the draw in one of the wilder matchups of a rivalry dating to the mid-1970s. Jerseys NFL Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Camo Cheap NFL T-shirts Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2020 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz