Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 54 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

24.01.2019 07:27
When I look at the Hall of Fame ballot and wonder how baseball will ultimately deal with the likes of Barry Bonds and Roger Clem Antworten

When I look at the Hall of Fame ballot and wonder how baseball will ultimately deal with the likes of Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens, I try to think back to when the game and its ethics really changed. Jared Veldheer Jersey . I cant pinpoint a date, but I do remember a player from my youth. Brian Downing was with the Chicago White Sox at a time when I listened to every game I possibly could on the radio. That particular season the late great Harry Caray was calling the White Sox games. What struck me as unusual was Caray almost seemed to have a vendetta against Downing. He was always finding fault with him and ultimately the pressure of playing in Chicago wore Downing down. On December 5, 1977, Downing was part of a huge six-player trade with the Angels that sent him back home to California. Downing had always been a player who battled adversity and beat the odds. He made his Magnolia High School team, but hardly played and was cut. Same story pretty much at Cypress College. It looked as though his baseball dream was over. But then he went to a White Sox open tryout camp and was signed. When Downing played his first game with the White Sox he was a third baseman and believe it or not on the very first pitch he severely damaged his knee when he tried to make a diving catch near the dugout and tumbled down the steps. When he returned, he was converted to catcher and became a back-up to veteran Ed Herrman. But he never was much of a hitter and could never please Harry Caray. Downing didnt fare much better in his first year with the Angels and realizing his career could be slipping away, he committed to a "serious weight training" program in the off-season of 1978, changed his batting stance dramatically and even had a batting cage installed in his home. From there his career began to take off, though not particularly fast. Downing was so good at getting on base he often batted lead-off and he once led the American League in walks. He ran into more adversity in 1980, when he suffered a broken ankle and was ultimately forced to move to left field. Though not a great fielder, through hard work, he become more than adequate and actually didnt make a single error in the 1982 season. Downing played with the Angels right through the 1990 season before the Angels effectively forced him out in a bit of contract dispute. He played his final two years in Texas as a designated hitter. By the time he left the Angels though Downing had built up franchise record numbers in games played, at-bats, runs, hits, total bases, doubles, home runs, RBIs and walks. He retired on the final day of the 1992 season at age 41. His final game and last at-bat came at the Angels ballpark, and he ended his career with a pinch-hit single off his former teammate and future Hall of Famer Bert Blyleven. Downing received a prolonged standing ovation. Ten years later Brian Downing was honoured as a member of the Angels All-time team and still later on August 27, 2009 he was named to the Angels Hall of Fame along with his former teammate Chuck Finley. The point of this is, Brian Downing was one of the very first to get involved in weight training. By all accounts, he transformed his long lanky body into a muscular physique with nothing more than dedication and extremely hard work. Others perhaps inspired by Downings success followed his path. Others learned of the shortcuts to building a new body with PEDs and created the era that still clouds baseball to this day. Downing carved out a career that is to be admired, but his nickname then - "The Incredible Hulk" - is strangely ironic now considering the brand of baseball it may have helped span over the last 35 years. Changes in Philly It was sad for me this week to see that Chris Wheeler and Gary Matthews were let go by the Phillies as broadcasters. "Sarge", as Matthews is affectionately known, had a great career as a player and worked with the Blue Jays as a batting coach, and even spent two years in the Toronto radio booth with Tom Cheek and Jerry Howarth. I only had the pleasure of working with "Sarge" for one year, in 2001 and enjoyed every minute of it. He was insightful and funny and a good friend. He is apparently staying with the Phillies in another capacity but he will be missed on the air. A couple of interesting notes on Gary Matthews playing career. He slugged seven homers in 19 career post-season games. If thats not impressive enough, in his final Major League at-bat "Sarge" singled off Texas lefty Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams, only to be immediately picked off first base to end the game. What a way to end your career. All the best "Sarge"! DaeSean Hamilton Jersey . The teams were scoreless for most of the first two periods before Canada scored three times in a span of less than four minutes. Sarah Potomak opened the scoring on the power play. Custom Denver Broncos Jerseys . Pistorius mindset when he stood on his stumps in a bathroom and pulled the trigger on his 9 mm pistol in the early hours of Feb. 14, 2013 remains the crux of the South African trial that has captured worldwide attention and is about to start its seventh week of globally televised proceedings. It was initially scheduled to run for three weeks. http://www.broncosrookiestore.com/Broncos-Case-Keenum-Jersey/ .com) - Former New York Mets general manager Omar Minaya is joining the Major League Baseball Players Association staff as a senior advisor to executive director Tony Clark.Valencia have climbed up the La Liga table in recent weeks following three straight wins, including a 2-1 victory over Barcelona the Nou Camp. The change in form comes soon after the departure of Gary Neville, who was sacked as head coach after just three wins in 16 league games.His former assistant, Pako Ayestaran, has replaced him, and he told Sky Sports Guillem Balague what he thinks went wrong for Neville and how he has helped turn things around... Communication the keyOne of the main problems to get through to the players is communication. A few weeks ago, I was with a Spanish football head coach who has been really successful. He told me that he wouldnt go to a foreign country again without mastering the language. To get to the players you need the language and thats crucial. That could be one of the changes that has improved the level of the players Pako Ayestaran Its important and I am sure the problem with Gary was not a lack of knowledge, he has knowledge about the game.He has to put that into practice but to get to the players you need the language and thats crucial. That could be one of the changes that has improved the level of the players.All about self-beliefEverything changes with the way you are working and the belief that the people in charge show to the players. I think when you are in a bad run of results, your self-confidence and belief affects the way you train, your determination and performances.As soon as we changed the belief and self-confidence, the way the players approach the training sessions and daily basic challenges, then everything has been changing little by little. Guillem Balague chats with Graham Hunter about the futures of Ronaldo and Neymar as well as Barcelona’s financial struggles Change of mentalityWhen people arrive at clubs in bad runs normally the first thing they look at is the conditioning of the players, but most of the time that is not the main problem. Josey Jewell Jersey. . Normally it is a lack of belief, lack of togetherness, lack of professionalism, lack of respect, or lack of ambition.As soon as you address all these main problems that affect the way players come to training, then everything starts changing. I say to players they have a daily challenge: to do the best work you can in every session, on every task, do it with enthusiasm and for the benefit of the team, because everything you give to the team you will get back. Also, you must overcome difficulties.Watch Valencias La Liga match at Getafe, live on Sky Sports 2 HD from 5.10pm on Sunday. Also See: Ronaldo: To sell or not to sell? Torres resurgence great to see Fixtures Table Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz