Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 51 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

26.01.2019 07:30
20 years earlier, sever Antworten

LOS ANGELES, Calif. Harrison Smith Jersey . - Jordan Hill did it at both ends of the court Sunday night against the Orlando Magic, putting together his own personal highlight reel in a season during which there havent been many of those for himself or the Los Angeles Lakers. Hill had a career-high 28 points along with 13 rebounds in his first start in over nine weeks and the Lakers beat Orlando 103-94, sending the Magic to their ninth straight loss. "Youve got to be ready because you never know when your number will be called to step in there in the starting lineup," said Hill, who got the news that he would start from coach Mike DAntoni at the morning shootaround. "Just went out there and played hard, playing aggressively and played my game. I felt like nobody could stop me. "My mindset out there was that nobody could keep me off the offensive boards and nobody could keep me from the rim." Nick Young scored 26 points off the bench, helping the Lakers end a four-game skid. Pau Gasol had six points in 18 minutes, and sat out the second half after feeling nauseous and dizzy. A Lakers spokesperson said after the game that Gasol would spend the night in a hospital for observation. Steve Nash, who had 11 assists in 19 minutes off the bench Friday night against Washington after missing the previous 15 games because of chronic nerve damage in his back, did not play. The 40-year-old two-time MVP has been limited to just 11 games all season because of his condition. Xavier Henry, who was back in the lineup for just nine games after missing 28 because of a bone bruise on his right knee, was sidelined again after tearing a ligament in his left wrist in the loss to the Wizards. He will be re-examined Monday. The Lakers (23-46) have to go no worse than 8-5 the rest of the way to avoid tying the 1974-75 squad for the worst record since the franchise relocated from Minneapolis to Los Angeles in 1960-61. But eight games on their remaining schedule are against teams that currently are over .500. "Were playing for pride," Hill said. "I mean, were still the Lakers. Were definitely one of the top organizations in the league, if not the best. So we have to take a stand for ourselves. We cant quit and weve got to keep fighting." Orlando point guard Victor Oladipo, the second overall pick in the draft, had 21 points and 10 assists in his eighth career start while Jameer Nelson missed his third straight game with a sore left knee. Aaron Afflalo scored 18 points for the Magic, one night after they lost 89-88 at Utah on a 3-pointer by Trey Burke with 1.6 seconds remaining. "They had some bigs that were playing extremely aggressive at the rim," Orlando coach Jacque Vaughn said. "I think Hill had an impact on the game with his energy and effort. It was through dunks, offensive rebounds, rolling to the rim and putting the ball back in. He gave his team some edge tonight." The Magic have lost 23 of their last 24 road games — the only exception a 101-90 win against Philadelphia on Feb. 26. "Were not building for next year yet," Vaughn said. "Weve still got some games to go, but what I do see is our guys getting better." The Lakers led throughout the second half, but never led by double digits. Orlando got as close as 83-80 on a 15-footer by Afflalo, but the Lakers converted 13 of 14 free throws over the final 5:18 to put it away. Youngs 3-pointer was their only field goal during the final 8 minutes. Hill, making his first start since Jan. 17, paced Los Angeles to a 55-48 halftime lead with 14 points and six rebounds. The Lakers converted seven Orlando turnovers into nine points during the first 5:03 and took a 25-17 lead on a four-point play by Young, his franchise-record fifth of the season and eighth by the team — also a franchise best. "Rest definitely helped a lot," said Hill, who missed six games earlier this month because of a sore right knee. "I felt like I could jump over the gym, jump over anything. I just felt more mobile and was able to move quicker. I was definitely able to get up and get rebounds and move my feet on defence." NOTES: Orlando faced Los Angeles in the NBA finals just five years ago, losing in five games. But the Magic are 39-113 since the start of last season after firing Stan Van Gundy and trading three-time Defensive Player of the Year Dwight Howard to the Lakers — and are one of only four teams that have a worse record than the Lakers this season. ... A loss Tuesday night at home against Portland would give Orlando two double-digit losing streaks in the same season for the third time in the franchises 25-year history. It also happened last season and in 2003-04. The Magic have seven of those streaks altogether. ... The Lakers failed to sell out for the sixth time. ... The Magic fell to 0-30 on the road when trailing after three quarters. ... This was the Magics final road game against Western Conference opponents. They were 0-15. ... The Magic, who came in 0-33 when they get outrebounded, won the battle of the boards 46-34. Trevor Siemian Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value. Mike Remmers Jersey .Y. -- Sore nose and all, Sidney Crosby had a goal and three assists to help Pittsburgh beat Buffalo 5-3 on Friday night, snapping the Penguins mini-slump and slowing the Sabres late-season surge. http://www.vikingsauthenticshop.com/Vikings-Cris-Carter-Draft-Jersey/ . -- A deflected pass that landed in DeSean Jacksons hands.Part of receiver Austin Collie’s value to the B.C. Lions is that he’s Canadian. The irony is that, last year at this time, he wasn’t Canadian...at least not in the eyes of the CFL. His citizenship hasn’t changed. In fact, the five-year NFL veteran has been a Canadian citizen since November 11, 1985 – the day he was born in Hamilton, where his father Scott was an import receiver for the Tiger-Cats. What changed was the CFL’s - or, more accurately, the CFL Players Association’s - view of what qualifies a professional football player as a Canadian or national (formerly non-import.) Until the ratification of a new collective bargaining agreement last June, getting the approval of the CFLPA had always represented the biggest obstacle preventing the CFL from making the terms “Canadian” and “Non-import” synonymous. Here’s a brief history lesson to explain. Many of those who followed the intricacies of last spring’s intense CBA negotiations noted the fact that all of the members of the CFLPA executive had two things in common. First of all, Scott Flory, Jeff Keeping, Brian Ramsay, Marwan Hage and Jay McNeil were all offensive linemen. Second, and most relevant, they were all Canadian. The strongest voices in the PA have always been Canadian and, as such, protecting the jobs of Canadian players has always been a very high priority. Don’t get me wrong. I’m a strong believer that maintaining a high level of Canadian content is critical to the survival of Our League. The issue was that, for many years, the PA chose to protect those non-import jobs by militantly limiting the pool of players who were eligible to compete for them...and the CFL effectively granted them the power to do so. To be fair, the league was by no means innocent in all of this, as the hardline stance of the PA was a direct response to a trend towards member clubs exploiting loopholes in both the standards and the process for qualifying a player as a non-import. In any case, the new rules, under which a player’s classification is based primarily on his citizenship at the time he enters the CFL (rather than time of residency or first exposure to organized football), represent, by far, the most logical and most easily regulated system the league has ever employed. As for Austin Collie, he is one of a number of Canadian football players who saw his CFL status change from import (now international) to national under the new CBA and he becomes the first of those players to enter the CFL. Other imports-turned-nationals whose names you may recognize include recently retired NFL receiver Nate Burleson, veteran NFL linebacker Jamaal Westerman, Detroit Lions rookie receiver T.J. Jones, and San Francisco 49ers long snapper Kyle Nelson. Burleson, Jones and Nelson are all sons of former CFL players, while Westerman’s younger brother, Jabar, is a defensive tackle for the Lions. Other players, like current NFLers Colin Cole (DT, Carolina Panthers), Orlando Franklin (OL, Denver Broncos) and John Urschel (OG, Baltimore Ravens) have always met the non-import qualifying standards, but didn’t have that status simply because they neever submitted an application. Jaleel Johnson Jersey. Now, because their Canadian citizenship is common knowledge, they are considered nationals without being required to endure that process. All of these players are eligible to enter the Canadian Football League as free agents. They can neither be placed on negotiation lists, nor drafted. Any new qualifiers who have not yet completed their college eligibility will be entered in their regularly scheduled draft class. In 2015, the most notable, among no fewer than four such players, should be highly regarded Idaho defensive lineman Maxx Forde, who is the son of former NFL and CFL linebacker Brian Forde (no relation to me.) As one who has studied the topic extensively and lobbied the CFL and CFLPA for nearly a decade to adjust the standards to make the terms Non-Import and Canadian more synonymous, Im ecstatic about the rule change. This league requires a strong pool of Canadian talent, particularly with the recent expansion to nine teams and the hope of soon reaching 10. Yes, Canada is producing more and better football players than it ever has, but that’s being neutralized by the NFL’s ever-increasing awareness of the Great White North as a talent source. Frankly, the Canadian talent pool also takes a hit because some top prospects forgo CFL careers to pursue more lucrative job options. That’s just a reality of the CFL. In any case, based on evidence gathered over the last decade, the tangible impact of this rule change is that it will add an average of about three NCAA Division I players to every CFL draft class. Having played American college football by no means guarantees that a Canadian will succeed in Our League, but when I look at the list of players who would have qualified as nationals had these regulations been in place in past years, I can confidently state that the rule change will at least offset part of the loss of prospects to the NFL. An interesting footnote to this story is that, had the Canadian Football League and its Players Association implemented the current criteria for a player to qualify as a national 20 years earlier, several Hollywood movies might have looked very different. Most CFL fans know that pro wrestler turned actor Dwayne The Rock Johnson was a member of the Calgary Stampeders in 1995. However, what you may not have realized is that Johnson, who played in the CFL as an import, would today qualify as a national because he is a Canadian citizen by birth. As an Import, Johnson struggled to crack the lineup of the CFLs most dominant team of the era and, thus, rather quickly gave up football in favour of other pursuits. However, as a non-import, he wouldve been a coveted talent and likely first-overall pick in the 95 draft, and thus wouldve been granted ample opportunity to develop as a CFL player. Despite his newfound national status, The Rock is never (...and when I say never, I mean never, EVER!) coming back to play in the Canadian Football League...but the hope is that Austin Collie is just the first of many previously excluded Canadians who will take advantage of this opportunity. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz