Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
panxing18 Offline

Abbil

29.01.2019 04:45
Buffalo Rumblings Podcast: Recapping inept offensive showing Antworten

in Green Bay One week after pulling off a shocking upset of the Minnesota Vikings http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jason-croom-jersey , the Buffalo Bills reverted back to their inconsistent ways on offense, being shutout for the first time in a decade when they fell to the Green Bay Packers, 22-0 Sunday. In the latest edition of the Billieve: a Buffalo Rumblings podcast, host John Boccacino is joined by co-host Anthony Marino to dissect the loss, which featured an erratic performance from rookie quarterback Josh Allen, a disappearing act from Buffalo’s mediocre corps of wide receivers, and a stunning lack of LeSean McCoy. Needless to say, there wasn’t much of a positive spin that our podcasters could put on the offense’s dismal showing at Lambeau. Check out our Buffalo Rumblings podcast for our thoughts on what went wrong in Green Bay, and what needs to happen for the Bills to get their season back on track.Our podcasting duo discusses how Allen took two steps backward following his strong Week 3 showing in Minnesota. Allen finished 16-for-33 for 151 yards and two inexcusable interceptions. At one point, Allen completed only 3 of 13 passes for 19 yards, failing to move the chains as the offense mustered only 37 total yards through its first 20 plays. Buffalo went three-and-out on four of its first five drives. Allen’s numbers improved thanks to a garbage-time drive in the fourth quarter, but he squandered Buffalo’s first (only?) scoring opportunity late in the first half. After completing a pass to Kelvin Benjamin (you read that right, Benjamin actually caught a pass) that brought Buffalo into the red zone, Allen rolled out of the pocket and tried to make a play, forcing a throw across his body that was picked off, taking three points off the board and sending the Bills into halftime trailing 16-0 instead of 13-3. While Allen regressed, it isn’t all on him. We knew all week that McCoy was battling ailing ribs, but his usage was confounding. Buffalo’s Pro Bowl running back, the bread and butter of the offense, carried the ball five times for 24 yards and caught three passes for 13 yards. Eight total touches is not enough to get Shady going and to revive this flailing Buffalo offense. Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but the Bills possess a historically bad group of wide receivers—headlined by Benjamin. Once again, how general manager Brandon Beane and head coach Sean McDermott could feel comfortable trotting out the likes of Benjamin, Zay Jones http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-zay-jones-jersey , Andre Holmes, plus undrafted rookie free agent Robert Foster is beyond me. Cutting Jeremy Kerley, himself not a terrific wide receiver, is even more confusing given how Kerley could very well be the best receiver of the bunch. There were many, many other negatives to emerge from this game (what happened to weakside linebacker Matt Milano’s playing time) as Buffalo suffered its first shutout since being blanked by the New England Patriots on Dec. 28, 2008. But lost in the defeat were some positives. The defense managed to get after Aaron Rodgers and hold him to a pedestrian (by Rodgers’s lofty standards) game: 22 of 40 passing for 298 yards with one touchdown and one interception (after rookie middle linebacker Tremaine Edmunds tipped a Rodgers pass into the arms of of Jordan Poyer, snapping Rodgers’s streak of 150 consecutive passes without an INT. Rookie Taron Johnson had himself quite a day in a losing effort, coming on a blitz for a strip sack of Rodgers and finishing with five tackles. Tre’Davious White held his own against Green Bay’s dangerous wide receiver, Davante Adams. Adams did catch eight passes for 81 yards, but White broke up three passes while keeping Adams out of the end zone. And rookie punter Corey Bojorquez continued his steady play, averaging 41.0 net yards on eight punts, with four punts downed inside the Packers’ 20-yard line. It’s rough when your punter is your offensive MVP for the day as Bojorquez did his best Brian Moorman impersonation. Hear about all of the negatives (and one or two positives) from this game in our latest episode of Billieve: a Buffalo Rumblings Podcast!SoundCloud | iTunes | Google Play | Stitcher | TuneIn | Podbay | Podfanatic |Subscribe, rate, and review our Buffalo Rumblings podcast now and leave your comments below. You can also download an MP3 version of the podcast by signing up for a free account at SoundCloud. We’re looking for feedback and want to hear from you!Buffalo Bills AJ McCarron told his teammates preseason comeback was “going to be legendary” There were two minutes left in the Buffalo Bills’ fourth preseason game and reporters had all written the majority of their game stories. AJ McCarron figured prominently in them as the starting quarterback who had played poorly for most of the game. Now, it was 4th and 20 and the Bills were backed up against their own end zone. Heck, even head coach Sean McDermott sent out the punt team before realizing a change of possession would end the game. “It’s one of those feelings you can’t explain,” McCarron told reporters after the game. “I looked at the guys, Wyatt [Teller] is the one I remember the most just because of the look on his face, it was like he’d never heard it before, but I looked at the group and told them, ‘Watch this. We’re going to go down and win. We’re going to remember this for a long time. It’s going to be legendary.’”If it was the regular season, it definitely would be the tale of legends.An incomplete pass on the ensuing play was saved by a roughing the passer call - a depth Bears defender had clubbed McCarron in the head and hit him after he threw the ball - and the Bills were still alive. The veteran QB matriculated the ball down the field, gaining chunk yards when he could http://www.billsauthorizedshops.com/authentic-jordan-mills-jersey , using his feet to gain yards and get out of bounds other times. Even after an intentional ground call, he found Kaelin Clay for a 25-yard third down conversion.The drive was capped with a Keith Towbridge touchdown reception with 13 seconds left on the clock. Buffalo had scored 25 unanswered points and McCarron had either run in or thrown all four of the fourth quarter touchdowns. Remarkable is an understatement.“I’m just super proud of the guys,” McCarron said. “It was awesome to battle with them. Really, it was the most fun I’ve ever had.”He was asked to clarify. Certainly winning back-to-back national championships at Alabama was better, at least some moment of it.McCarron disagreed.“Some of the guys that played today — it’s no secret, me or anybody else — might not be here tomorrow or whenever they make the final cuts,” McCarron said, discussing a Wednesday meeting with the players who were going to be in during the fourth game. “I just wanted them to know they were special to me.”He had led the team on Wednesday and now led them on Thursday.“We’ve been through a long process together, and I wanted to take it upon myself to show them my gratitude and what it means to me for them to be out here every day working hard to be part of it.”McCarron didn’t stop there, gushing praise on his teammates over and over from his locker.“I just love this group. It’s an awesome group to be a part of,” said McCarron. “I just kept telling everybody to trust the process. I know that we say it all the time, but trust the process during the game and don’t worry about the end result.”This time, the end result took care of itself.“The way he fought and battled, it’s the way the team fought and battled,” head coach Sean McDermott said from the postgame podium. “It was good to see, fun to watch, fun to watch the guys and you watched it in the fourth preseason game. He was out there competing at a high level. I thought he brought our football team back, and showed great leadership. Then one heck of a comeback. It was a great job.”McDermott said McCarron was “absolutely” still in the conversation to start the opening game of the team’s regular season, but that seems unlikely given that coming off a shoulder injury McCarron was asked to play the entire game while starters and most backups were on the sideline. Still, it was a great showing from McCarron and the reserves.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz