Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 72 mal aufgerufen
 Anmeldung
elaine95 Offline

Abban

22.02.2019 08:07
would have a bad game a Antworten

PHILADELPHIA (AP) Flyers fans spent the final minutes of another empty season doing what boorish fans do with elimination on deck. They chucked beer cans and threw trash and hats and whatever objects were within reach onto the ice. Flyers public address announcer Lou Nolan admonished fans – just as he had two years earlier when giveaway bracelets were hurled on the ice – but there was little anyone could do to stop them.This is how the season ends in Philly Matt Murray Jersey , not with a Stanley Cup hoisted in a championship celebration, but with a call for the cleaning crew to pick up the mess.The Eagles, Phillies and 76ers have all won championships – along with Villanova, the Arena Football League’s Soul, and Philly horse Smarty Jones – since the Flyers last won back-to-back Cups in 1974 and 1975.The only banners raised to the rafters are for retired numbers or a Hall of Fame entry.So it goes for the orange-and-black, trudging along without a Process or parade.The Flyers’ season ended with an 8-5 loss in Game 6 to the Pittsburgh Penguins on Sunday in the opening round of the Eastern Conference playoffs. The Flyers haven’t reached the second round since 2012 and haven’t played in the Cup finals since 2010. Under third-year coach Dave Hakstol, this season’s berth was considered a mild surprise, especially when the team lost 10 straight games in November/December and all seemed lost.”We came into this playoff series and into (Game 6) very confident that we could not only take this series to a seven-game series http://www.officialpenguinsproshop.com/authentic-adidas-olli-maatta-jersey , but also win the series,” Hakstol said. ”We didn’t do that so we came up short. There’s one season that ultimately is successful, and obviously we didn’t accomplish that this year. There are a lot of real positives that we’re going to be able to go back and evaluate.”The Flyers clearly aren’t in the class of the two-time defending Stanley Cup champion Penguins. The Flyers and Penguins are often touted as one of the NHL’s fiercest rivalries. The truth is, the Flyers are nothing to the Penguins but a pesky gnat easily swatted away and quickly forgotten.There’s talent in Philly. But enough to win a championship? That’s for general manager Ron Hextall to assemble in the offseason and the years ahead.Here are more things to know as the Flyers head into a long offseason:HAKSTOL’S FUTUREHakstol, a shocking pick to coach the Flyers out of the college ranks, has led the Flyers to two playoff berths in three seasons but not much else. Angry Flyers fans chanted ”Fire Hakstol! Fire Hakstol!” in the playoffs and he’s aware the fans at least want him on the hot seat. But Hakstol and Hextall are tight – Hextall’s son, Brett, played for Hakstol at North Dakota. And there’s little reason to think the GM is going to acknowledge his biggest gamble was also his biggest bust of a move. Hakstol had a reputation from developing young players and there are enough on the roster to merit at least one more season.”It took a lot of young guys growing throughout the year to be able to put together the stretch run that we did have Womens Patric Hornqvist Jersey ,” he said. ”At the end of the day, we didn’t come into this playoff series to make steps though. We came in to win the series.”SUMMER SHAKEUPThe Flyers may have gone as far as they can with the core of Claude Giroux, who was a Hart Trophy candidate, Wayne Simmonds and Jake Voracek. Simmonds, a former All-Star, could be on the market if the Flyers are committed to a true youth movement.Giroux is the last player left from the `10 finals team and had just one goal and two assists in the playoffs.”We’re gonna keep building here and we’re going to come off strong next year,” Giroux said.The Flyers could look to Nolan Patrick, the No. 2 overall pick of the 2017 draft Phil Kessel Jersey , to play a more pivotal role next season.WHO’S NO. 1Look no further than Philadelphia’s usual unsettled goaltending to understand why the franchise has gone 42 years without a championship. The Flyers signed former Calgary goalie Brian Elliott to a $5.5 million, two-year deal and he was a bust in the playoffs. Michal Neuvirth and mid-season pickup Petr Mrazek weren’t true No. 1s, either.The 28 goals scored by the Penguins set a new Flyers franchise record for goals against in a six-game series. It tied the franchise record for goals against in any length of series, joining the 1979 New York Rangers team that scored 28 in a five-game series win.Who’s next in net?—– Western Canadian teams are getting their lone chance to see how they stack up on their home ice against the NHL’s top team this weekend.On Thursday, it’s the Calgary Flames‘ turn to test the Tampa Bay Lightning. For the Lightning, it’s a chance to face one of the Western Conference’s top squads.The Lightning had an eight-point advantage over four teams including the Flames entering play Wednesday night. Tampa Bay is coming off a 5-2 win over the Vancouver Canucks in a testy affair on Tuesday while the Flames were blanked 2-0 by the Stars in Dallas the same night.Article continues below ...The Lightning dropped the opener of their Western road trip 6-5 in overtime Winnipeg on X and wrap it up Saturday night in Edmonton against the Oilers in a game that will be shown nationally in Canada. They are 9-0-1 in their past 10 games.The player to watch for Tampa Bay in Calgary surprisingly is fourth-line winger Danick Martel, who replaced Ryan Callahan in the lineup in Vancouver after Callahan was scratched following warmups. Martel picked up an assist for his first point in six NHL games, but his second period hit that injured Canucks defenseman Troy Stecher made him a target for the remainder of the night.I think pretty much everyone thought I would have a bad game and just play two Sidney Crosby Jersey , three minutes, maybe one, two shifts and just feel it around and cover some shifts,” Martel told reports.“But I wanted to make a difference. I don’t have a lot of opportunities at the start of the year, so when I have some, I have to get ready. I said the same thing the first game. I’m playing my role. I played a decent game again today for the warmup I had, so I’m proud of it.”The Lightning were tight-lipped on Callahan’s injury other than to say it was in the upper body area and that he wasn’t sure when exactly it occurred.“We hope (it’s minor),” Lightning coach Jon Cooper said.Calgary’s vaunted offence will give the Lightning a test as well. Tampa gave up 40 shots in Winnipeg and 38 in Vancouver. Tampa goalie Andrei Vasilevskiy will be trying to stop a Flames offence that has four players with 17-plus goals each – Sean Monahan (20) Dougie Hamilton Jersey Womens , Elias Lindholm (17) and Johnny Gaudreau and Matthew Tkachuk 15 each after 35 games of the regular season.The Flames went 2-1 on their road trip but were left to bemoan an off night in Dallas that they know they can’t repeat on Thursday.“It’s a good test,” Flames captain Mark Giordano said.“We haven’t seen them yet but we know what they’ve been doing – pretty much winning every game. They are up top by five or six points. They’re a team that is one of the best if not the best in the league right now so it’s a real test. We’ve got to clean some stuff up.”David Rittich is expected to get the start in goal for Calgary. He drew praise for his efforts in Dallas.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz