Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 95 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
douhua2233 Offline

Wanre

28.02.2019 04:20
WASHINGTON (AP) — Boston Bruins players could feel themselves Antworten

WASHINGTON (AP) — Boston Bruins players could feel themselves making progress in recent games against the Washington Capitals even as the losses piled up.All it took was finishing one play Tage Thompson Jersey Womens , a commitment to team defense and a handful of timely saves by Tuukka Rask for the Bruins to end their 14-game skid against the defending Stanley Cup champions with a 1-0 victory Sunday. Boston beat Washington for the first time since March 29, 2014, and its 14 consecutive victories against Arizona are now the longest active winning streak against one opponent in the NHL.“We’ve had some tight games,” said Rask, who made 24 saves for just his second career victory in 19 appearances against Washington. “It’s one of those things that just happens in sports where you get into these streaks of either winning or losing and at some point they’re going to snap.”Thanks to David Krejci’s goal, the Bruins snapped their three-game skid and handed the Capitals their eighth loss in nine games.Outscored 45-21 during their 14-game run of futility, the Bruins dominated the Capitals in almost all facets of the game and would have blown them out if not for the play of goaltender Braden Holtby, who made 37 saves. Holtby was helpless to stop Krejci’s shot on a one-timer after a tic-tac-toe puck movement and a cross-ice pass from Torey Krug midway through the second.Rask earned “TUUK!” chants rom Bruins fans in attendance, no louder than when he flashed the glove to snare a shot from Travis Boyd in the slot in the third period. The Finnish goalie picked up his 253rd career victory to take over first place on the Bruins’ all-time list.“He was in control all night Dalton Prout Jersey Womens ,” coach Bruce Cassidy said. “We were pretty clean in front of him there till the end, and when we weren’t, he was there for us. Happy for him, I think the guys in the room are as well and hopefully he keeps building on it.”Boston defenseman Brandon Carlo didn’t believe there was necessarily a theme or specific problem that led to such a lopsided stretch against Washington and thought his team was getting closer to breaking through. Afterward, captain Zdeno Chara said the Bruins “finally” got the win against Washington.In many ways, the Capitals had themselves to blame.Fed up by mental mistakes, Capitals coach Todd Reirden used ice time as a weapon to punish players. He benched Evgeny Kuznetsov and Dmitrij Jaskin for much of the first period after each took a penalty and Andre Burakovsky for the first few minutes of the second for a defensive-zone turnover that almost led to a goal.Washington leads the league with 191 minor penalties.“I think as you get past the All-Star break and you start making a push toward the playoffs, that’s an area we have to get better in, as we’ve taken far too many minor penalties with our sticks Elias Lindholm Jersey Womens ,” Reirden said. “We have to be more disciplined if we’re going to have success moving forward from here, and I thought the last 30 games is a good time to implement that.”Alex Ovechkin returned to the lineup after being forced to sit out Friday against Calgary for skipping All-Star Weekend. Ovechkin powered around Chara for a scoring chance in the first period but couldn’t crack Rask. He will need to wait at least one more game to pass Sergei Fedorov for the most points by a Russian player.“I’m so happy he didn’t get it on me,” Rask said. “I didn’t know that. That would’ve been in my head if I knew that. That’s good. I’m not facing them again, so that’s good.”NOTES: Capitals C Lars Eller was out with a lower-body injury that caused him to leave Friday’s game against Calgary. … D Christian Djoos began a two-game conditioning assignment with Hershey of the American Hockey League. … Boston improved to 14-4-2 on Super Bowl Sunday, third in the NHL in such victories behind Montreal and Washington. … Bruins center Patrice Bergeron played his 999th regular-season game.UP NEXTBruins: Host former Capitals coach Barry Trotz and the Metropolitan Division-leading New York Islanders on Tuesday.Capitals: Host Calder Trophy front-runner Elias Pettersson and the Vancouver Canucks on Tuesday. The Vegas Golden Knights were not only the top story in the NHL last season. They were a top story across the entire sports landscape, and arguably the history of all sports.Now, the expansion team from a year ago has the main objective of avoiding a hangover from their magical season, which extended all the way to the Stanley Cup Finals against the Washington Capitals.Article continues below ...Their second season starts Thursday night against the Philadelphia Flyers at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. The Golden Knights go into the season full of expectations, and they must do so after settling on new talent because of free agency and trades.“It’s not like the situation we had last year Alan Quine Jersey Womens ,” Vegas coach Gerard Gallant said. “It’s a whole different scenario.”Veteran goaltender Marc Andre-Fleury, whose efficiency sparked the Golden Knights last season, added, “I think there’s more expectations from the players, the staff and the fans.“I think everybody expects us to do as well. At the same time, though, if you want to have success, we can’t be thinking about all that stuff (from last season). You’ve just got to be worrying about playing your game the way you can and success will come.”Can Vegas continue its production from last season? Twelve returning players set NHL highs for points in 2017-18, including the top line of William Karlsson (78) Petr Mrazek Jersey Womens , Jonathan Marchessault (75) and Reilly Smith (60). Second-line forward Erik Haula (55) and defensemen Colin Miller (41), Nate Schmidt (36), Shea Theodore (29) and Deryk Engelland (23) are also included on that list.Fleury’s 2.24 goals-against average and .927 save percentage were the best of his 14 NHL seasons.The second line has new faces with the Golden Knights signing center Paul Stastny and acquiring right wing Max Pacioretty in a trade with the Montreal Canadiens during the offseason. They replace forwards David Perron and James Neal, who left in free agency.Perron led Vegas in assists last season with 50 and Neal scored 25 goals.The Flyers, who lost in the opening round of the Stanley Cup playoffs to Pittsburgh, were one of the youngest teams in the league last season, but that youthful talent was significant to their success.Travis Konecny, 21, is one of the team’s top players and will join captain Claude Giroux and Selke finalist Sean Couturier on the first line. Nolan Patrick is part of a formidable line that includes Wayne Simmonds and Jacob Voracek.One of the main objectives for Flyers coach Dave Hakstol is deciding on the vacant third-line center role that was occupied last season by Valtteri Filppula Jordan Schroeder Jersey Womens , who signed with the New York Islanders.Jordan Weal and Scott Laughton are top candidates. Weal is playing at his original position after skating on a wing in recent years. Laughton may open against the Golden Knights on left wing if he does not play in the middle.“I think playing in the league a couple years now, I kind of have more confidence with the puck,” Laughton said. “I work with an elite skills coach back home and try to work on the little things that I wouldn’t work on — a lot of stuff with your head up. “Goaltending remains a major concern for the Flyers. The tandem of oft-injured Michal Neuvirth and Brian Elliott was ranked in the bottom 10 of the NHL last year in save percentage. Elliott posted a .909 save percentage in the last two seasons, and Neuvirth has been at .912 when healthy.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz