Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 94 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

05.03.2019 06:58
one of those things where Antworten

CLEVELAND - Following Friday nights rout over the Bucks, one that featured the debut of rookie Bruno Caboclo, DeMar DeRozan was asked if he can recall his first NBA game. Cheap Nike React China . Yeah, I remember [it], said the Raptors sixth-year guard. It was actually against the Cavaliers. It definitely was a memory Ill never forget, how nervous I was. It was October 28, 2009, Torontos home opener. DeRozan started that night, scoring eight points in 23 minutes. The Raptors won the game by 10, overcoming a triple-double from LeBron James. They had not defeated the King since... until Saturday. Its definitely surprising, DeRozan said, informed of James 16 straight wins over the Raptors, moments after that streak came to an end in Torontos 110-93 comeback victory over Cleveland. We aint gotta worry about that now. Despite another rough outing offensively - he shot 1-for-8 in the first half before getting hot in the second - DeRozan was instrumental in his team finally getting over the hump against a James-led team. Without the injured James Johnson, acquired to defend players like James, Terrence Ross started the game on the four-time MVP before picking up two quick fouls. DeRozan, the teams leading scorer, asked to take over the assignment. I wanted to guard him, said DeRozan, who scored 17 of his 20 points in the second half. Im going to have games where Im not making shots but I think my maturity of just being in the league long enough and being in a lot of different situations keeps me calm in a situation like that. Its bigger than me scoring. Theres so many other things I can do. James had a quiet double-double of 15 points and 10 assists, taking just 12 shots. Whenever the NBAs best player is doing anything quietly, youve done the best you can do. We had no choice, who else do you recommend?, said Dwane Casey, pressed about the decision to put DeRozan, a player not known for his defence, on James. He has the size to do it. We dont have [Johnson], our next option was going to be Amir [Johnson] or [Patrick Patterson], but DeMar did such a solid job that we didnt have to do that. But the night belonged to Lou Williams, the Raptors super-sub who had a career game while giving his team the spark they needed towards the end of a lethargic first quarter. The Raptors were down by 15 points when Williams checked in midway through the first frame. Im concerned theyre going to come out like wet hens, Casey said of the wounded Cavaliers before the game. You know what a wet hen is? You know what a wet hen does when he gets wet? He gets mad. Cleveland had come out flat in a disappointing loss to Washington the night before and for at least eight minutes they looked like a team playing with a purpose. They were wet hens. Williams came in and dried them off. Responsible for 12 of the teams 21 first-quarter points, playing less than half the period, Williams couldnt be stopped. From the moment he entered, Toronto finished the first half on a 51-34 run. They outscored Cleveland 105-73 the rest of the night. I just wanted to come in and play my style of basketball, said Williams after scoring a career-best 36 points in just 29 minutes of action. Play with a lot of energy and create a spark. I think Cleveland did a great job of getting off to that nice start and we just needed a little spark and I was there to create that. What did he see that got him going? Will Cherry, yelled an anonymous Raptor from across the locker room. Cherry spent training camp with the Raptors before being cut and finding his way to Cleveland. One of the reasons a third point guard was deemed unnecessary was Williams strong camp. Casey and the teams front office were more than confident with his ability to handle the ball and play the point in a pinch. They knew he could score. They knew he had a flare for the dramatic. With the clock winding down in the opening half, Williams hit a step-back three-ball to beat the buzzer and give Toronto its first lead of the night. It was his third buzzer beater over the last two nights. Amazingly, hes taken the Raptors final shot in seven of the last eight quarters. Lost in his offensive brilliance, the Raptors have been pleasantly surprised with his commitment on defence. Im surprised that 36 is his career-high, Casey said. Because hes a long-time scorer, thats what hes done his whole career, he understands how to attack peoples feet and get into their body and initiate contact. He does a great job of that. Most of all, Im impressed with Lous defence, too. He had a reputation of being a scorer but now hes doing a much better job defensively for us which allows him to stay in and guard guys like [Dion] Waiters and [Kyrie] Irving and people like that. Williams was acquired from Atlanta over the summer. He came to the Raptors with Lucas Nogueira for the right to waive John Salmons. Hes said he never felt like himself with the Hawks, recovering from serious knee surgery. He also played in front of one of the worst home crowds in the NBA with Atlanta, so seeing an impressively large contingent of Raptors fans make their way to Cleveland left him near speechless. Showing up early, 10 rows of Raptors fans, sitting behind one of the baskets, dominated an entire section at Quicken Loans Arena. Wearing purple and red, they sang the Canadian anthem, waved flags and banners while drowning out the Cavs faithful with chants throughout the night. Its dope man, Williams said. This is been an incredible experience as far as the fans go. Ive been on some teams that have been on the wrong end of that, so Ive seen it but never for my benefit. It felt like a playoff game, honestly, with our fans being in there, cheering and singing the national anthem, DeRozan added. It was just an amazing thing, especially for me. Its really something for me because Ive been here through the tough times and to see everything now, going on the road, seeing fans, seeing Raptor jerseys in the crowd, it definitely means something. Nike React Discount Cheap . They were expecting him there all along. The Pacers announced Friday night that George has been cleared "to return to normal basketball activity," a decision made three days after he was concussed in Game 2 of the Indiana-Miami series. Clearance Nike React Running Shoes . The Vancouver coach and an announced sellout crowd of 18,910 watched in dismay as the Canucks lost 7-4 to the New York Islanders on Monday night by squandering a 3-0 lead in the third period. http://www.cheapnikereact.us/ . And while taking highly-touted Simon Fraser offensive lineman Matthias Goossen second overall on Tuesday night will definitely help in an area of need for the club, it was a swap of draft picks that may prove to be his most shrewd move. "When Jesse Briggs started to fall a little bit, you could just see Kyle perk up in his chair.LOS ANGELES -- A.J. Burnett made a couple of mistakes with his pitches and gave up the lead in the seventh inning. That was nothing compared to the huge error Carl Crawford committed for the Dodgers in the 10th. Domonic Brown doubled home the go-ahead run after Crawfords miscue in left field, and the Philadelphia Phillies beat Los Angeles 3-2 Tuesday night. One night after Philadelphias Cliff Lee held the defending NL West champions to four hits through eight scoreless innings, Burnett took a four-hitter and a 2-1 lead into the seventh. But birthday boy Dee Gordon legged out a double to short right-centre with one out, stole third and scored when pinch-hitter Justin Turner singled to left on Burnetts 105th and final pitch. "I gave Gordon a little bit too much of the plate on that pitch and he put a good swing on it and hit it up the middle," Burnett said. "When he gets on base, he makes things happen. Hes an exciting player to watch, and I think him getting to third right there helped them was a big for them to tie it up." The right-hander allowed six hits, struck out four of his first eight batters and finished with five Ks in 6 2-3 innings. He also had a career-high three hits in three at-bats -- all singles against lefty Hyun-Jin Ryu, who allowed two runs and nine hits in six innings. "Im not here for my individual numbers. Im here to keep my team in it until skip takes me out," Burnett said. "If I win, thats fine. If I dont, thats fine. I just go about my job." Carlos Ruiz reached second base when his flyball to short left field glanced off Crawfords glove as shortstop Hanley Ramirez nearly collided with him. Brown followed with a drive to the fence in left-centre on a 1-1 pitch from J.P. Howell (1-2). "We both were coming hard and came up short," Crawford said. "Neither of us called for it. I didnt think it was clearly my ball. I was in no-doubles (mode), so thats a long run for me. But I still got to it. I just didnt catch it. It was one of those things where it didnt do our way that time." The error was the Dodgers 22nd in their first 21 games. &qquot;Its tough because were not hitting the way we want to right now, so defence is one of the things you have to do every day to help the pitchers out," said Crawford, who drove in the Dodgers first run with a sacrifice fly in the fifth. Wholesale Nike React Authentic. "Things like that definitely make the errors more obvious, and you could see that it looks worse when it happens -- like tonight. Were not doing it right now in defence, so its something we definitely need to address." Antonio Bastardo (3-1) pitched a scoreless inning for the victory and Jonathan Papelbon got three outs for his sixth save, putting him within eight of 300. Burnett lined a single to right field leading off the third, and Yasiel Puig tried to throw the pitcher out without success. After Adrian Gonzalez took the throw, the 37-year-old pitcher stood on the bag and looked out at Puig with the palms of both hands facing downward as if to say: "Whoa, take it easy." "I knew he was going to do it," Burnett said. "I know how he plays the game. He plays the game hard and he looks for outs in the outfield when he can get them." Burnett didnt take it easy on Ryu, hitting another leadoff single in the fifth. He scored the games first run on a double by Marlon Byrd, and Ryan Howard followed with a sacrifice fly that drove in Ben Revere. Burnett got his third single of the game with two out in the sixth. Ramirez got some good news Tuesday, when Major League Baseball rescinded an error he was charged with April 13 on a grounder to shortstop by Arizonas Chris Owings and credited Owings with a hit. But Ramirez gave it right back in the Phillies second inning when he misplayed Browns grounder after a single by Howard. NOTES: Burnetts multihit game was his fifth in the majors -- all on the road. The other four came with the Marlins, most recently on Sept. 25, 2005, against Atlantas Jorge Sosa. ... Revere tied a career high with four hits, three of them against Ryu. ... Gonzalez was 0 for 3 with a walk, ending his 16-game hitting streak. ... Burnett was 0-4 with a 4.87 ERA in his previous four starts at Dodger Stadium. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz