While you can build your leg muscles to the point of bulge research has shown that improving your core strength could be just as important in improving your cycling stamina. To prevent those lower back aches and slowing corners it is essential to strengthen your core muscles to get the best out of your legs. By gaining stability in your abs and lower back you will help to eliminate unnecessary upper-body movement so that all your energy can be delivered in smooth pedal strokes Wholesale Ohio State Buckeyes Jerseys , which are essential when tackling the tough terrain of somewhere like <"http:www.1sw.orgexperiencecardinham-woods-cyc...t;>Cardinham Woods.
Cycling’s tripod position, which requires the saddle, pedals and handlebar to support your weight, relies on core strength Wholesale Oklahoma Sooners Jerseys , but unfortunately doesn’t help to build it. So if you’re ready to take your cycling to the next level why not try the following core-building routine as recommended by <"http:www.1sw.org">1 South West. It takes just 10 minutes and if performed three-to-four times a week could see you achieving your cycling goals. Love cycling and <"http:www.1sw.orgexperiencemountain-biking-sou...ot;>mountain biking in the UK and looking to improve your every pedal? Let’s get to work!
1. Plank a. What it works and why: Transverse abdominals, upper and lower back. This will help to build strength and muscular endurance in your torso which will prevent reliance on the bike’s handlebars. b. Lying on your stomach place your elbows at shoulder level with hands and forearms in front. Keeping feet together lift your hips off the floor, creating a straight line from shoulders to heels. c. Hold for 30 seconds and rest for 15. Repeat 3 times.
2. Power Bridge a. What it works and why: Hip flexors, glutes and lower back. This movement will stretch hip flexors and strengthen the link between your lower back and glutes. b. Lie on back and place heels near glutes with arms at side. Squeezing your glutes raise your hips towards the ceiling to form a straight line from shoulders to knees and hold for 2 seconds before lowering your hips a couple of inches from floor before raising again. c. Repeat movement continuously for 20 seconds before resting for 10 and repeat 3 times.
3. V-Sit a. What it works and why: Transverse Wholesale Oklahoma State Cowboys Jerseys , abdominals and lower back. As with the plank this move will improve the core strength needed for when bent over the handlebars for hours. b. Sitting on the floor lift your legs straight to form a 90 degree angle with your upper-body by extending your arms forward at shoulder height. Hold your abs tight. If you feel your hamstrings tightening bend your knees a little. c. Hold the following move for 30 seconds, followed by 15 seconds rest. Repeat 3 times.
4. Scissor Kick a. What it works and why: Transverse abdominals, hip flexors, inner and outer thighs. Improving these muscles which help you achieve hip Wholesale Oregon Ducks Jerseys , knee and forefoot alignment, which will deliver an efficient pedal stoke. b. Lie on your back with your legs straight and arms by your sides. Raise your shoulders off the floor as your raise your legs around 3-4 inches off floor and cross them over one another repeatedly, ‘scissor’ them. c. Do exercise continuously for 20 seconds before resting for 10. Repeat 3 times
5. Transverse Plank a. What it works and why: Transverse abdominals and obliques. By improving these muscles you will improve your saddle stability. b. Lie on your side with your elbow under your shoulder placing your one leg on top of other and raise your free arm overhead. Lift your hips to create a straight line down your body then lower hips a few inches off floor before lifting again. c. Repeat exercise for 20 seconds before switching sides. Repeat 3 times each side. " NANJING, Dec. 13 (Xinhua) -- Chinese and Japanese people should more cherish the hard-won peace Wholesale Penn State Nittany Lions Jerseys , and the international community need to honestly face up to history, top political advisor Yu Zhengsheng said here Wednesday.
Yu, chairman of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, made the remarks while addressing the state memorial ceremony to mark the 80th anniversary of Nanjing Massacre.