Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 52 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

13.03.2019 09:19
Drew Willy may have been named the CFL Offensive Player of the Week following his clubs 45-21 victory over the Toronto Argonauts Antworten

Drew Willy may have been named the CFL Offensive Player of the Week following his clubs 45-21 victory over the Toronto Argonauts, but the quarterback got strong support from both his offensive line and another eye-opening surprise in the Winnipeg Blue Bombers offence. Cheap Angels Jerseys China . Nic Grigsby was superb in his CFL debut in Week 1, and the 25-year-old feels hes just getting started. "As the game went on my game started to come back," said Grigsby, who ran for 122 yards on 21 carries and added a pair of catches for 17. "It got a little slower. I still got a lot of stuff to get better on — just some little things and detail that coaches got on me about to be a better player and have a better game." The Bombers O-line opened up some wide lanes in the run game against the Argos. Winnipegs young tailback has history with one lineman in particular, who pulled from the right tackle spot to be the lead blocker on a couple big Grigsby gains up the middle. "Me and (Dan) Knapp, we went a long way (back)," said the University of Arizona product of his new favourite blocker. "We played against each other in college. He went to Arizona State, my rival, so when we got here in camp we bumped heads a little bit — not bumped heads — but just, you know, the rivalry-type stuff. But now were on the same team. Were in the same boat, and hes pulling for me and everything. I love them guys up front." The head coach isnt taken aback by Grigsbys impressive debut in the slightest. "Nope, didnt surprise me. Hes been steadily getting better all the way through camp," said Mike OShea. "My concern maybe early on was, he might not have taken advantage of every hole that was there, and now hes through it. It was just a matter of him getting comfortable with his vision, with his reads, and the CFL field — the size of it, I think. But hes done well." OShea is enamoured by Grigsbys ability to adapt and pick things up quickly. That goes double when youre protecting a lead late in the game. "One of the things thats impressive is, when were running that last three minutes and we have the ball and youre asking a guy to stay in bounds and slide, you know? For years and years and years American tailbacks come up here, they get in their first game and run out of bounds when we want that clock to run. You tell them and they still do it. But right away, I tell (Grigsby) once, he was sliding in bounds all the time making sure that clock kept running. Obviously hes an intelligent football player and took that instruction, basically in a three-second conversation, and applied it." With running back Will Ford still working to get back into game shape after a hamstring pull, and Paris Cotton out for a few weeks with a knee injury (hes been wearing a heavy brace in light on-field workouts during practice), Grigsbys fight to stay healthy enough to play has also impressed the coaching staff. "Its as good as its going to get right now," scoffed Grigsby playfully. "Everybody is banged-up and bruised. Nobodys at 100 per cent, I dont care who you are, (even) if youre a quarterback. Its day-to-day of getting better. Get your body in the cold tub, getting the therapy, and come ready to play. "You know youve got to be durable in this league. Its all about growing and depending on yourself to actually do the extra little things thats going to keep you on the field." This week sees another challenge, in that the Blue Bombers will try to prepare for their Week 2 opponent — the expansion Ottawa Redblacks — having minimal game film to study. Ottawa had a bye in Week 1. "Were going out there blind to the eye other than what the base preseason games are. And a lot of teams keep preseason really base," said Grigsby of the "vanilla" offence the Redblacks have shown. "Our coaching staff did a great job putting (video) cut-ups of the (Redblacks) coaches that they have now and what they did in the past, so were going to use that to our ability. Come game time there is that adjust-on-the-fly and be ready to go." NOTES: Eleven-year CFL veteran Korey Banks asked the team for his release this week after not securing a job in the teams starting lineup. The club has placed him on the suspended list indefinitely and flown him home to Atlanta... Mike OShea says he doesnt want to tinker too much with a lineup that looked pretty solid in Week 1. National cornerback Donovan Alexander may be ready to return following a calf injury, but Matt Bucknor will continue to start at field corner... Tailback Will Ford (hamstring) may be ready to go as well after missing both preseason games, but Nic Grigsby will start with the ball... Defensive backs Alex Suber (hamstring) and Marty Markett (high-ankle sprain) both still need time to recover and are again out this week... Slotback Cory Watson suffered a hamstring injury in the first half Thursday night and didnt return to the game. The 30-year-old will miss a week, at least, and it appears fellow national receiver Julian Feoli-Gudino, who hauled in a touchdown pass in Watsons second half absence, will start in his place... Defensive tackle Zach Anderson has missed some significant practice time this week with a heel contusion. OShea says he should be ready for the game... Another defensive tackle, Bryant Turner, has been excused from practice this week for the birth of his daughter. The 2013 Eastern All-Star is expected to play against Ottawa. If either Turner or Anderson are unable to go Thursday night, Kashawn Fraser is an option to come off the practice roster and dress. Wholesale Angels Jerseys . Alen, 28, hit .315 with five home runs, 59 RBI and a career-high nine stolen bases for the Goldeyes last season. He is the longest serving catcher in Goldeyes history, having already spent five seasons with the organization. Cheap Angels Jerseys Authentic .Brazil midfielder Ricardo Goulart scored the winner in the 50th minute to give the defending champion a four-point advantage in the standings over second-place Sao Paulo, which beat rival Palmeiras 2-0. http://www.cheapangelsjerseys.com/ .Tzavelas opened the scoring in the 11th and Pereyra added another in the 51st. Emmanuel Kone pulled one back in the 80th and Levadiakos missed several chances to level in the last 10 minutes.CLEVELAND -- The New York Yankees got a major boost from their young pitchers Monday night. Shane Greene allowed two runs in six innings for his first major league win, All-Star Dellin Betances earned his first career save and the Yankees beat the Cleveland Indians 5-3. Greene (1-0) didnt allow a hit until Nick Swishers two-out homer in the fifth. The 25-year-old right-hander was called up from Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre after scheduled starter Vidal Nuno was traded to Arizona for right-hander Brandon McCarthy on Sunday. "Its a dream come true," Greene said. "Theres no question about that." Betances pitched the final two innings, giving closer David Robertson a rest day. "Its pretty cool," Betances said. "I was just trying to go out there and keep it the same and make pitches." "Some really good stuff out of some young pitchers," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said. "Weve gotten a lot of help from our guys in the minor leagues." Brett Gardner, Brian McCann and Ichiro Suzuki had three hits apiece for New York, which has won four of five on its 11-game road trip. Justin Masterson (4-6) continued to pitch poorly and was pulled without retiring a batter in the third. Clevelands opening-day starter allowed five runs and six hits in two-plus innings. He walked three, hit a batter and rarely topped 90 mph in his 54 pitches, throwing only 24 strikes. A 15th-round selection by New York in 2009, Greene allowed four hits, struck out two and didnt walk a batter. His only big league appearance prior to Monday came in relief against Boston on April 24 when he pitched one-third of an inning and allowed three unearned runs. Greene walked three of four hitters, all of whom scored, and threw eight of 23 pitches for strikes. "Weve said all along this kid has a lot of talent," Girardi said. "He did a lot of good things." Its unclear if Greene will get another start. "Thats obviously going to be a topic of discussion," Girardi said. "We havent made any decisions moving forward. Well figure it out here pretty quick." Asked if he thinks he deserves to in the rotation, Greene smiled and said, "Thats not up to me." Derek Jeter, playiing in his final regular-season series in Cleveland, was 1 for 4 and drew a bases-loaded walk in the second. Kole Calhoun Jersey. Yan Gomes hit a leadoff homer in the eighth. New York scored three times in the second when Masterson allowed four hits, walked two and hit a batter. Brian Roberts had an RBI double, Brett Gardner drove in a run with a single and Jeter was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded. Ichiro Suzukis infield hit and Francisco Cervellis fielders choice added two runs in the third. Mastersons struggles have become a growing concern for the Indians. Over his last five starts, the right-hander has allowed 19 runs, 27 hits and 17 walks in 18 innings. Masterson has pitched more than four innings once in that stretch. Masterson was given extra time off because of a sore knee after lasting four innings against Arizona on June 24, but that didnt help. He didnt retire a batter in the fourth inning against the Los Angeles Dodgers on Tuesday and a stint on the disabled list is a possibility. Asked about Mastersons knee Francona said, "Its hard to ask somebody when theyre pitching. I think we need to sit and visit with Masty. The middle of a games not the time to do that." "Well talk about it, I guess," Masterson said. "If that were brought up I guess that would be something to talk about to work through." Masterson is a free agent after the season. The two sides talked about a contract extension in spring training, but didnt reach an agreement. NOTES: Yankees OF Carlos Beltran didnt play because of swelling behind his right knee. He said following the game that he might return to the lineup Tuesday. ... Indians OF Michael Bourn will miss three to four weeks with a strained left hamstring. .... McCarthy will make his first start for the Yankees on Wednesday. ... Cleveland acquired OF Chris Dickesron from Pittsburgh for cash or a player to be named. He started in left field and had a sixth-inning single. ... The Indians honoured their former television/radio announcer Mike Hegan, who died in December, in a pregame ceremony. Hegan, a native of Cleveland, began his major league career with the Yankees in 1964. ... All-Star RHP Masahiro Tanaka (12-3) faces Indians RHP Trevor Bauer (2-4) on Tuesday. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz