Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 40 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

19.03.2019 07:05
ST. [url=http://www.cheapnewbalanceuk.com/]New Balance Sale Outlet[/url] . LOUIS -- Adam Wainwright had a nice view from his sea Antworten

ST. New Balance Sale Outlet . LOUIS -- Adam Wainwright had a nice view from his seat in the dugout. The kids had it under control. Allen Craig and Matt Adams each had two RBIs and the St. Louis Cardinals got effective work from rookie pitchers subbing for their ace in a 6-2 victory over the New York Mets on Monday night. Nick Greenwood won his major league debut, with his fiancee, mother, agent and a close friend watching. "You couldnt ask for a better outing," Greenwood said. "Its awesome. Words cant describe." Carlos Martinez allowed an unearned run in four innings in his second career start and Greenwood (1-0) allowed a run and two hits in 3 1-3 innings for St. Louis, which has won seven of eight. "I dont know that you could ask any more," manager Mike Matheny said. "Today could have been a really tough day on our bullpen." Wainwright is skipping a turn to allow for tendinitis in the back of his elbow to subside. He is expected to return Saturday against the Phillies. Matt Holliday had two hits, including a single for his 1,000th career RBI in a four-run fifth that put the Cardinals up 6-1. He tipped his helmet to the crowd, and then scored standing up on Craigs double. "Hes pretty stoic most of the time," Matheny said. "But I mentioned something to him and he had a big smile." Mets manager Terry Collins batted the pitcher eighth for the first time in franchise history but the novel lineup with rookie Jacob deGrom in the eighth slot ahead of Eric Young Jr. mustered just five hits. New York has lost 10 of 13, scoring two or fewer runs six times. "We scored a run, it was fine, it worked out all right," Collins said. But he wouldnt say whether hed try the ploy again Tuesday, saying "I have no idea." Adams homered in his first three games coming off the 15-day disabled list from a strained left calf. One of his RBIs on Monday came on his third triple, tied for the team lead, and he stung the ball all four at-bats. "He runs well, he runs deceptively well," Matheny said. "Id much rather watch him trot." DeGrom (0-4) gave up six runs and 12 hits in 4 1-3 innings in his seventh career start, all three numbers statistical low points. "I just look at how many balls were really hit hard," he said. "Three or four were hit hard, the rest just kind of found holes and went through." The 25-year-old deGrom has allowed 13 runs and 26 hits in 15 innings over his last three starts. He handled the bat fine, with a sacrifice in the third and a broken-bat liner to second with the base loaded in the fourth after Ruben Tejada was intentionally walked. Young, activated from the 15-day disabled list before the game, had an infield hit to help manufacture a run in the third. But Martinez struck him out to end the fourth. "I havent seen one of those sliders like that in a couple weeks," Young said. "Its just a timing thing. But he made his pitch when he needed to and you tip your cap." The 22-year-old Martinez is one of the Cardinals top rotation prospects with a fastball that registered triple digits in the first inning. Hes been a setup man most of the year with a previous long outing of 2 2-3 innings and needed just 14 pitches to retire the Mets in order the first two innings. The Cardinals selected the 26-year-old Greenwoods contract from Triple-A Memphis on Sunday to provide support behind Martinez. Greenwood grew up a Yankees fan and walked the first batter he faced, former Yankee Curtis Granderson. "You cant really prepare yourself for something like that," Greenwood said. "After that the emotions, youve got to put them away and go after them." Seth Maness retired the last four hitters in order for his first save in his first chance of the season. NOTES: The Cardinals are 19-2 against the NL East at home the last two seasons. ... RHP Michael Wacha (4-5, 2.88 ERA) opposes Mets LHP Jonathon Niese (3-3, 2.54 ERA) on Tuesday. Wacha had a career-best 10 strikeouts and a career-worst five walks April 23 at Citi Field, when he lasted just four innings in a 3-2 loss. ... St. Louis Rams draft picks in the final week of OTAs attended the game. ... The attendance of 42,808 was the Cardinals 18th sellout of the season. New Balance Sale Uk . - Erick Torres scored his 10th goal of the season on a stunning volley, and Chivas USA edged 10-man Real Salt Lake 1-0 on Saturday night. New Balance Clearance Uk . American Lindsey Jacobellis was third, while Japans Yuka Fujimori finished just off the podium. Maltais, from Petite-Riviere-St-Francois, Que., earned bronze at the 2006 Olympic Games and is set to return to the Games this February in Sochi, Russia. http://www.cheapnewbalanceuk.com/ . Wayne and Cindy Tuck of Ilderton, Ont., closed out round-robin play earlier in the day with a 7-3 win over Finland but needed a win over Austria to reach the final eight.VANCOUVER -- After a frustrating season which saw his team miss the playoffs, Vancouver head coach John Tortorella was rather blunt Monday in his assessment of what the Canucks must change if they hope to return to the NHLs elite. While Tortorella took some of the blame, he also didnt pull any punches. He said the Canucks are getting old, the core group has become complacent and the team needs to get younger. "I felt from day one that its stale," said Tortorella. "Thats not their fault. This is a group that has been together for a long time. "It needs youth. It needs a change. The team needs to be retooled. Its a young mans game. Its certainly not a criticism of (the veterans). We need to surround them with some enthusiasm." After a promising start under Tortorella, the Canucks finished the year with a 36-35-11 record for 83 points. Vancouver managed just 13 wins in 41 games since Jan. 1 and settled for a 25th-place finish in the overall standings. The poor showing has already cost Mike Gillis his job as president and general manager. New president Trevor Linden -- the Canucks former captain -- still must decide Tortorellas fate. The two were scheduled to meet later Monday. Centre Ryan Kesler, who was the subject of trade rumours this year, said the players have to take responsibility for the season. "Were all flabbergasted right now," said Kesler, who led Vancouver with 25 goals. "Going into this year I would never think we would be sitting here in this situation." The Canucks ended their season with a 5-1 win over the Calgary Flames last Sunday but the victory was soured by an ugly incident late in the second period. Daniel Sedin was taken off the ice on a stretcher after being hit from behind by Calgarys Paul Byron. Sedin was taken to hospital and later released. After the hit, Sedin lay crumpled on the ice and couldnt raise his head. "I was scared," he said at Mondays season-ending news conference. "I tried to lift my head at first and couldnt get it off the ice. "The only thing I thought was lay still. I tried to move my hands and it felt good. I went to the hospital and everything looks good. I feel OK today." Tortorella said fans and management cant keep reminiscing about the Canucks loss in Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup final, but instead must concentrate on making the team better again. "Were not in 2011," said the man hired last year to replace the fired Alain Vigneault. "We have to stop talking about 2011. "The core needs to change." Canucks captain Henrik Sedin said the team was "really good" until hhalfway through the season when injuries became a problem. New Balance Outlet UK. Both Sedins, Alex Burrows and defenceman Chris Tanev all missed a significant number of games with injuries. "You never want to use injuries (as an excuse but) we had a tough year," said Henrik. "We had guys playing out of position. We had guys playing more minutes than they were used to. "We had to play a different way and we werent able to win playing that way." Tortorella said during this period he made a coaching mistake by giving the room to the players. "I didnt get back in the room and continue to teach the details," he said. "I didnt stay on top of it. "I needed to be pounding away at the details. I think that hurt us in situational play. I think that hurt us in trying to understand how you change momentum. Thats not the team, thats me. Thats my biggest regret." A lack of scoring haunted Vancouver all season. The Canucks managed just 196 goals, leaving them tied for second fewest in the league. For the first time in a non-lockout season, Vancouver had just one 20-goal scorer in Kesler. Daniel Sedin finished the year with 16 goals and went through a stretch of 23 games without scoring. Henrik Sedin had just 11 goals. Burrows, who hadnt scored less than 25 goals in the last four full seasons, had just five. "People talk about we are playing too much defence," said Daniel. "Honestly we played as aggressively as we have been. "That has nothing to do with why our production is down. Its up to us to play like we can." Defenceman Alex Edler, who begins a US$30-million, six-year contract next season, finished the season at -39, the worst plus-minus in the NHL. "There was a lot of changes this year (in how we played in own end) and a lot of new things to get used to," said Edler. "I think I didnt have the year I should have had but I know I am a good player." The Canucks have had several distractions to deal with over the last year. Tortorellas hiring was a surprise. Goaltender Cory Schneider was traded during the summer, meaning Roberto Luongo was the Vancouver starter after believing he was gone. Luongo was eventually traded to Florida. Tortorella missed six games after being suspended for trying to get into the Calgary locker-room following a line brawl to open a Jan. 18 game against the Flames. The Canucks were 2-4-0 during that period, then 2-7-1 when Tortorella returned. "When you lose a head coach its never good," said Henrik Sedin. "I dont think it was specifically that incident that made us start losing." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz