Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 99 mal aufgerufen
 Anmeldung
elaine95 Offline

Abban

20.03.2019 02:24
He left Tuesday’s game early Antworten

BUFFALO Nashville Predators T-Shirts Authentic , N.Y. (AP) See ya, Sid. Hello, Jack Eichel.Once the shock of being traded wore off, Conor Sheary put aside his past of playing alongside Pittsburgh Penguins captain Sidney Crosby, and began eagerly looking ahead to what might be in store with the Buffalo Sabres.”I wasn’t expecting it, but at the same time you have to look at the positives,” Sheary said Thursday, a day after the Buffalo gave up a conditional fourth-round draft pick to acquire him and defenseman Matt Hunwick.”I have to put my Pittsburgh years behind me now,” the third-year NHL forward said. ”I’m super excited with the new chapter in my life.”In Buffalo, Sheary gets the opportunity to recreate his role as a play-making, two-way forward on a line centered by Eichel.”When you’re playing with a guy like that Nashville Predators Hoodies Authentic , you kind of try to get him the puck as much as you can,” Sheary said.”I think a big part of my game is creating turnovers and getting chances for my linemates,” he added. ”Hopefully, we can create some chemistry there. It’ll be awesome and maybe we’ll grow something with that.”With two years left on his contract, Sheary was the odd-man out in Pittsburgh, which freed up $5.25 million in salary cap space in trading both players. The Penguins quickly used some of the savings to re-sign forward Riley Sheahan to a $2.1 million, one-year contract.The Sabres, by comparison, lack play-making depth at their top-line wing positions, especially after trading Evander Kane to San Jose in February. Buffalo’s top three centers and Kane accounted for scoring 94 of the team’s league-worst 199 goals last season.Five-on-five production was also an issue cited by general manager Jason Botterill as the reason he acquired Sheary. All but eight of Sheary’s 95 points in 184 career games have come in even-strength situations.Another benefit for the rebuilding Sabres was adding a two-time Stanley Cup winner to a team that has finished last in three of the past five seasons.”I think if I can just bring a little of that playoff experience to the locker room and try to change the culture, that’ll be a good thing Nashville Predators Hats Authentic ,” said Sheary, who credited Crosby for being a mentor. ”He definitely taught me a lot. And I’ll definitely take that and use that to my advantage moving forward.”Botterill previously served as the Penguins assistant GM and had a hand in signing Sheary, who was a late bloomer in part because scouts considered him too small at 5-foot-8 and 175 pounds. Undrafted after completing his college career at UMass, he signed an amateur tryout contract with the Penguins’ AHL affiliate in March 2014.Two year later, Sheary made his NHL debut and eventually scored six goals, including a winner, and 10 points during Pittsburgh’s first of two championship runs.After scoring 23 goals and 53 points in 61 games in 2016-17, Sheary’s production dropped last year, when he finished with 18 goals and 30 points in 79 games.Sheary blamed the drop-off on a lapse in confidence that lead to a midseason slump in which he had three goals and six assists in 35 games. He closed the year with six goals and two assists in his final 15 games.”I think toward the end of the year I finally found myself again,” he said. ”Although I didn’t score in the playoffs, I felt as though I was contributing. Hopefully Custom Nashville Predators Jerseys , I can build on that going forward.”— WINNIPEG, Manitoba (AP) Kyle Connor simply wanted to get off a shot. He ended up with much more.The Jets rookie scored 3:16 into overtime and Winnipeg edged the Anaheim Ducks 3-2 on Friday night to set a single-season franchise record for points.”I put a lot of pucks on net and shoot it, just try to get it off quick,” Connor said. ”That was pretty much going through my mind on that rush.”Mark Scheifele and Nikolaj Ehlers also scored for the Jets (45-19-10), who won their fourth straight to reach the 100-point plateau for the first time. Winnipeg had 99 points in the 2014-15 season before being swept in the first round of the playoffs by the Ducks.The game was the second straight in which Connor scored the overtime winner. The rookie had both goals in Winnipeg’s 2-1 win over Los Angeles on Tuesday night.”He’s gotten better and better as the season’s gone on,” Scheifele said of Connor. ”He goes to the right spots. He battles hard in the corner, he goes to the right areas, he goes to the dirty areas. He does everything so well and, obviously, his knack for scoring is top notch.”He’s been really fun to play with this season. It’s exciting to see him grow like that.”Scheifele had the second of his two assists in the game on Connor’s shot that beat John Gibson to win it. Blake Wheeler also finished with two assists as the Jets remained unbeaten on their six-game homestand (4-0-0).”We put a lot at (Gibson) and it seemed like he was making one save after another,” Connor said. ”I thought we played a really good game.”Nick Ritchie tied it at 2 for Anaheim at 10:17 of the third period. He went in alone on Connor Hellebuyck www.officialdevils.com , who squeezed his pads on the shot, but the puck dropped under him and went over the goal line. Derek Grant also scored for Anaheim, which had its four-game win streak end. The Ducks were playing without captain Ryan Getzlaf after he was scratched with the flu.”We were very, very fortunate to get out of this game with one point. Simple as that,” Anaheim coach Randy Carlyle said. ”Our goaltender stole us a point here tonight.”Winnipeg had outshot the visitors 41-16 heading into overtime.Hellebuyck made 16 saves for Winnipeg to pick up his 38th win of the season. Gibson kept his team in the game with some big saves, stopping 39 shots for Anaheim.”It was a pretty one-sided game,” Ritchie said. ”When we look back at how we played, we’ll definitely take that point and move forward and know that we were pretty bad tonight. We pretty much hung (Gibson) out. He – I don’t know how, but somehow – got us that point.”Winnipeg had second-year star Patrik Laine back in its lineup. He left Tuesday’s game early in the second period after blocking a shot with his left foot. The initial prognosis for the soft-tissue bruise was he’d miss Friday’s game and likely Sunday’s, but Laine participated in the morning skate and was deemed good to go.”I think he did really, really good New Jersey Devils T-Shirts Authentic ,” Jets coach Paul Maurice said. ”I’m going to fire a couple shots off his ankle tomorrow in practice. It will be my shot, so it won’t really hurt him.”Anaheim used its first power play of the game to go up 1-0 as Grant deflected in a shot by Hampus Lindholm with 14 seconds left in a high-sticking penalty to Joel Armia. Winnipeg responded just 55 seconds later when Ehlers scored his 28th goal of the season with a toe drag and high wrister that beat Gibson at 6:46.Scheifele picked up the primary assist, extending his points streak to three games since returning from an injury that kept him out for five. Wheeler notched his 63rd assist on the play, stretching his point streak to five games.The Jets swarmed Gibson for most of the period, outshooting the Ducks 17-4.Winnipeg went ahead 45 seconds into the second after Wheeler did some nifty stick-handling around Ducks defenseman Cam Fowler, then passed it back for Scheifele, who fired a shot in over Gibson’s blocker.NOTES: Veteran Winnipeg defenseman Toby Enstrom left the game with a lower-body injury, but Maurice didn’t think it was a significant injury.UP NEXTDucks: at Edmonton on Sunday.Jets: hosts Central Division-leading Nashville on Sunday.

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz