Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 70 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

16.04.2018 10:47
NEW YORK -- Milwaukees Carlos Gomez admitted he went too far with a hyped-up home run trot that ended in a benches-clearing scuf Antworten

NEW YORK -- Milwaukees Carlos Gomez admitted he went too far with a hyped-up home run trot that ended in a benches-clearing scuffle against the Atlanta Braves. Dave Robinson Jersey . Gomez was suspended Thursday along with Atlantas Reed Johnson for one game by Major League Baseball for their actions during the Brewers-Braves game a day earlier. Both players were fined an undisclosed amount. Atlanta first baseman Freddie Freeman and catcher Brian McCann also were fined for their involvement. Gomez accepted the penalty and sat out the series opener against the New York Mets on Thursday. Johnson was contemplating an appeal, according Braves general manager Frank Wren. "I was expecting it after what happened last night," Gomez said. "Its not good for baseball. Just take it like a man and be responsible for the stuff I did." Batting second for the Brewers on Wednesday night in Atlanta, Gomez connected on Paul Maholms 0-1 pitch in the first inning for a long homer to left-centre field. Gomez, slammed his bat down and admired the drive in the batters box before starting a slow trot while shouting at Maholm. Braves first baseman Freddie Freeman had words for Gomez as he rounded the bag. Gomez continued shouting toward Maholm, and he pointed at his leg just before he rounded third base -- Maholm hit Gomez in his leg with an 88 mph fastball on June 23. An irate McCann, catchers mask resting atop his head, greeted Gomez about 20 feet in front of home plate. Benches and bullpens then emptied, and Johnson, a reserve outfielder, raced out of the dugout and shoved Gomez. Gomez, Johnson, Freeman and reserve catcher Gerald Laird were ejected. "It was such an unusual situation. Every time you get in a situation like this, in hindsight, theres probably things you wish you would have done differently, and I would say our players probably feel that way as well," Wren said before the Braves hosted the Phillies. "But I think the reaction was probably appropriate for the situation. It was one of the most unique things Ive ever seen." Gomez never finished his trot but was awarded his 23rd homer because of obstruction by McCann. McCann was furious at Gomez for yelling on his way around the bases, and the catcher stood by his actions on Thursday. "I thought he showed up our whole team," McCann said. "I did what any catcher would do in that situation -- sticking up for his team." After the game, Gomez was contrite and he apologized again Thursday. "I apologize to people from MLB, to my teammates, my team, the organization and the Braves," he said. "Its not really fun when everything happened like that." Brewers manager Ron Roenicke was satisfied with Gomezs apology and was hopeful that the incident wouldnt hinder the NL East champion Braves final push for best record in the league. "I dont want our actions to hurt what the Braves are doing." Roenicke said. Milwaukee third baseman Aramis Ramirez aggravated a left knee injury during the scrum and was not in the lineup Thursday. Jamaal Williams Jersey . Each day, TSN.ca provides the latest rumours, reports and speculation from around the NHL beat. Duck Calling With several marquee centres available via trade and expected to be available via free agency, the Anaheim Ducks could be primed to be big players in the coming days. Jahri Evans Jersey . -- Washingtons Bradley Beal seemed to make every shot he took in setting a career high with 37 points. http://www.officialpackersteamgears.com/aaron-ripkowski-jersey/ . Fifth-seeded Cilic gained his fourth title in Zagreb and became the third Croat overall to win at least 10 career titles. Cilic also lifted his career record in Zagreb to 22-4, winning 20 of his last 21 matches at the event.WASHINGTON -- U.S. President Barack Obama is supporting the NBAs lifetime ban against Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling. Thats according to White House press secretary Jay Carney. Carney said Wednesday that Obama believes the league did the right thing in response to Sterlings racist comments. Obama had weighed into the controversy over the weekend during a trip to Asia. The president called Sterlings seecretly recorded comments "incredibly offensive racist statements. Morgan Burnett Jersey. ." Obama also cast Sterlings remarks as part of a continuing legacy of slavery and discrimination that Americans have to constantly be on guard against. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver announced the punishment Tuesday. Silver also said he will try to force a sale of the Clippers and fined Sterling US$2.5 million. Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Discount NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz