Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 62 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
zxlbxj1 Offline

Abbil

30.06.2018 02:45
maybe not in the world rankings Antworten

CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Josh Beckett has pitched his home games in Los Angeles for almost two years now, and hed almost forgotten what it was like to sit through a rain delay. He handled this one with no problem The right-hander waited more than 2 hours to make his start Tuesday night, but once he got on the mound, he was on top of his game. Beckett allowed two hits in six shutout innings, Hanley Ramirez hit a two-run single and the Dodgers defeated the Cincinnati Reds 6-1. "Sitting around today was tough," the 34-year-old Beckett said. "Im not 23 anymore. I was ready to go at 7:10. I spent a lot of time in the weight room trying to stay loose. I felt fine." Beckett (4-3), who had endured two consecutive 2-1 losses since his no-hitter May 25 in Philadelphia, finished with seven strikeouts and one walk. He also hit a batter with a pitch. "Actually, I felt like it was his cleanest game since the no-hitter," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "The ball was coming out better. He had a better changeup, and he kept the ball down." Beckett echoed Mattinglys assessment. "I felt like it was a clean outing," he said. He also enjoyed better support from his offence, which scored more runs in one inning than it had in his previous two starts combined. Yasiel Puig, Adrian Gonzalez, Andre Ethier and Justin Turner led the Los Angeles lineup with two hits apiece. Beckett got into the act with a single of his own for the Dodgers, who have won three straight and four of five. "Joshs performance today is what hes been giving us all year," Ethier said. "We havent been producing many runs for him." Mike Leake, reached for a season-high five runs in his previous start Thursday against San Francisco, allowed five more and a season-high nine hits in 5 1-3 innings. Leake (3-6), who lost seven games last season, had seven strikeouts and one walk. "It was a weird night," said Leake, bothered by a stiff neck in his previous three starts. "I missed some spots. I got some groundballs, but they found holes. I didnt do my job today." Reds first baseman Joey Votto, activated from the 15-day disabled list before the game after missing 23 games with a strained quadriceps in his left knee, went 1 for 3 with a single, two strikeouts and a walk. After the start was delayed by rain for 2 hours, 5 minutes, the Dodgers took a 1-0 lead in the second on Gonzalezs leadoff double and Ethiers one-out double. Beckett helped himself in a three-run fifth after Turner led off with a single. With one out, the pitcher faked a bunt and hit a chopper over charging third baseman Todd Frazier for his third hit in 23 at-bats this season. "I saw him charging," Beckett said. "He was playing so shallow already. I took a shot." Turner scored on Dee Gordons double, and Ramirez drove in both runners with a single to right field. That pretty much gave Los Angeles control. The largest deficit overcome by the Reds to win this season is two runs. Cincinnati manager Bryan Price was impressed with the Dodgers approach. "They did a nice job of putting the ball in play," Price said. "They ran some balls through the infield. They had enough team speed to get some good reads off the bat and score off that line drive to right." Los Angeles added a run in the sixth on Matt Kemps one-out walk and back-to-back singles by Ethier and Turner, who has four consecutive multihit games. Puig singled, stole second and scored on Gonzalezs second double in the seventh. Ethier is hitting .467 (7 for 15) with six RBIs against Leake. The Reds avoided being shut out on Jay Bruces leadoff double, Devin Mesoracos infield single and Zack Cozarts one-out RBI single in the seventh. Mesoraco snapped a career-worst, 0-for-19 slump. NOTES: Cozart stayed in the game after being hit in the batting helmet by Becketts pitch in the fifth. ... Ethiers sixth-inning infield single originally was ruled an out, but Mattinglys challenge led to the call being overturned after a replay review. ... LHP Hyun-Jin Ryu is the Dodgers scheduled starter Wednesday. The last time he faced the Reds, he carried a perfect game through seven innings before settling for a 4-3 win on May 26 in Los Angeles. Will Hernandez Giants Jersey . Philbin said Thursday he wants players to treat one another with civility and he wont tolerate anything less. In taking questions for the first time since Ted Wells released his report into the bullying scandal that rocked the league, Philbin made it clear things would be cleaned up. Kyle Lauletta Jersey . The No. 5 Aztecs held Burton, the Mountain Wests leading scorer, to 11 points, 10 below his average, in beating the Wolf Pack 73-58 on Saturday night. http://www.nygiantsfanaticshop.com/Black...ey.html?cat=948. -- David Price didnt think he would be in Port Charlotte this spring. Will Hernandez Jersey . Toronto ended an 0-4-0 skid with Sundays shootout win over visiting New Jersey, but the club could have a difficult time making it two victories in a row tonight. The Maple Leafs have dropped three straight and 11 of the last 12 regular- season meetings against Boston overall and the Bruins have claimed six straight in Beantown. Saquon Barkley Giants Jersey . Damyean Dotson, 19, Dominic Artis, 19 and Brandon Austin, 18, were suspended after the school received a police report concerning allegations made by a student who said she was assaulted by the players in early March.KAPALUA, Hawaii - The opening tee shot for the first PGA Tour event of the year provides a splendid reminder of the perks for winning.Few players can appreciate it like Geoff Ogilvy.He was the two-time defending champion at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions in 2011 and quickly was becoming a regular as he piled up seven wins over a six-year period, including a U.S. Open and a pair of World Golf Championships. But coming out of the water on a quiet beach below Kapalua, Ogilvy sliced open the side of his right index finger on a sharp piece of coral and had to withdraw.Four years later, he finally made it back.It didnt cause the stress, but it was the beginning of it, Ogilvy said of a drought that dramatically changed his status.He had spent nearly five years in the top 50 in the world, reaching a career-best No. 3, and plunged to as low as No. 216 last year until his fortunes changed.I was still playing well, but it was the start of a downward spiral a little bit, he said.All it took was one week in August and 27 holes in September for him to realize what he had been missing.Ogilvy won the Reno-Tahoe Open. Then, his run in the FedEx Cup playoffs appeared to be over until he started making every putt he looked at over the final 27 holes at the TPC Boston. A 65-65 finish put him in a tie for second, and it was barely enough for the 34-year-old Australian to get to the Tour Championship.He figured he would start 2015 with a normal card that would keep him out of the big events. Just like that, he was back in Hawaii to start his season with the other PGA Tour winners, and he could count on playing the four majors for the first time since 2012.Atlanta is the best reward for a good year — Augusta and the majors, he said. But this is a very close second. This is a better tournament to play in than Atlanta from an enjoyment factor of the tournament. It doesnt come with all the sidekicks that top 30 (in the FedEx Cup) does. But its more enjoyable to play in because of where you are.Included in this years lineup is Nick Taylor of Abbotsford, B.C., who won the Sanderson Farms Championship in November and became the first Canadian-born winner on the PGA Tour since Mike Weir in 2007.The 34-man field doesnt include all the winners, and while the absence of four players is glaring, it is a sign of the global times in golf.Rory McIlroy and Martin Kaymer, who combined to win three majors last year, are nott playing.dddddddddddd Both played deep into last season on the European Tour and start up their 2015 campaign halfway around the world in Abu Dhabi. Adam Scott isnt playing anywhere for a few months as his wife is expecting their first child. Justin Rose also is taking the week off. Thats only four absentees, though they happen to occupy the top 12 in the world ranking.That leaves the Tournament of Champions with only two players from the top 10 — Masters champion Bubba Watson and Jason Day.Missing marquee players is nothing new. Tiger Woods and Phil Mickelson stopped coming to Hawaii years ago, and this time they didnt have that option because neither of golfs two biggest names won a tournament.That leads to the annual question of what the PGA Tour can do to boost its season opener of the toughest qualifying event on the PGA Tour. There has been rumbling of giving a two-year exemption to Kapalua or inviting all past champions.Ogilvy, thrilled to be back, sees nothing worth fixing.There is nothing broken about this tournament, he said. If youre going to play in January, youre not going to get Kaymer, youre not getting McIlroy because theyre going to Abu Dhabi and the Middle East. You could put it at Shinnecock Hills and theyre not going to go.I think its a great tournament. Youd have to ask Hyundai whether they think theyre getting their moneys worth, but anyone here loves it, dont they?And this year was another example of why it remains elite — maybe not in the world rankings, but in what it takes to get here.Among those who didnt qualify were Rickie Fowler, who had top-five finishes in all the majors; Jordan Spieth, who overwhelmed fields in the Australian Open and the Hero World Challenge, neither of which were part of the PGA Tour; and Jim Furyk, the first player to accumulate $6 million in worldwide earnings without winning.Golf has never been stronger or deeper, and Ogilvy contends the best measure is at the bottom.Ben Hogan would have been pretty hard to beat. Hed have been just as hard to beat as Rory, Ogilvy said. But the 125th guy in Hogans era probably wasnt breaking 80. The 125th guy now is ... harder to beat. The top comes and goes — the legends — but bottom is getting closer to the top, and the gap gets narrower from best to worst. So that must make it harder to win, I guess.Ogilvy did his part. Hes back in Kapalua. Now if he can just stay out of the water. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz