Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 56 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
zxlbxj1 Offline

Abbil

30.06.2018 02:46
his status for this weekends game Antworten

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Phil Mickelson will be the first to admit hes a bit streaky. Sure, its been more than a year since his last victory. Then he goes and makes 10 birdies while shooting 62 on the final day at Firestone. Just like that, Lefty is being mentioned as one of the favourites at the PGA Championship. Can he keep it up? Mickelson has no idea. "If I could answer that question, it would be a lot easier," he said Tuesday after a practice round at Valhalla Golf Club. "Its been 20-plus years and things are just that way. Rather than question it or try to find an answer, I just accept it as being the way it is and look forward to it when it does happen. Its fun when it does." Mickelson hasnt had a lot of fun since winning the British Open at Muirfield nearly 13 months ago. He failed to crack the top 20 at any of the last four majors. His highest finish on the PGA Tour is 11th. His putting got so shaky that he experimented with a claw grip during the U.S. Open at Pinehurst, only to switch back to a conventional style right in the middle of the tournament. He looked downright lost. Nothing changed through the first two rounds of the Bridgestone Invitational, when Mickelsons belief that his game was rounding into form was shattered by rounds of 71 and 73. "It would be out of nowhere for me to play well," he grumbled just last Saturday. The very next day, Mickelson put up his lowest round since a 60 at the 2013 Phoenix Open. "Its just kind of the way I play golf," he said. "Im streaky. Ill get on rolls and get some good momentum, and all of a sudden the hole looks huge. Then there are days where its just the opposite. Its just the way its always been for me. I dont have a great answer." More than anyone, Mickelson realizes the way he was feeling just a few days ago may be gone by the time he tees off in the final major championship of the year. "In this game, things can turn around, really, in an instant," he said. "Im interested to see how it goes Thursday and Friday. But certainly my confidence level and my practice sessions are totally different. I dont feel like Im searching. I feel like now Im just trying to acquire that same feel from Sunday, and I feel like Ive found what Im looking for. I just have to maintain it." At 44, Mickelson can no longer keep up with big hitters like Keegan Bradley and Rickie Fowler, who joined Lefty for Tuesdays practice round. Both struck it farther off the 10th tee during the PGAs long-drive competition. Someone asked Mickelson what it felt like to go against players who grew up idolizing him. "Just makes me feel old, thats all," he said, smiling. "When someone says, Yeah, I used to watch you on TV when I was 6, how do you respond to that?" Mickelson has another goal this week besides winning. Hes played his way onto every Ryder Cup team since making his first in 1995, but hes 10th in the points heading into the final event before the top nine spots are determined. If he doesnt move up at Valhalla, hell have to rely on a fallback position: being one of three picks by captain Tom Watson. That would seem a mere formality. Mickelson would prefer to claim his place without Watsons help. "Im confident that Ill get on the team on my own and wont require that pick," Lefty said. "I want to keep that going, of making the team on my own and not needing a pick." A win would remove any doubt. It also would end Mickelsons longest drought since 2003. "Ideally, you want to have some momentum through the course of the year, through the course of the month heading into big tournaments," he said. "When youre in contention, its a lot easier to stay up there than when you havent been playing well." Of course, Mickelson is never quite sure how things will turn out. He learned long ago to expect the unexpected. "You dont want to put too much emphasis," Mickelson said, "on just one round." Deadrin Senat Jersey . - Justin Turner is at his best with runners in scoring position, and he delivered again in a big spot for the Los Angeles Dodgers. Deadrin Senat Falcons Jersey . Cornet won six straight games to rally from a 2-0 deficit and take the first set. The 25th-ranked Frenchwoman broke back twice in the second set before Bacsinszky saved a match point at 5-4. http://www.thefaclonsshoponline.com/Isai...Falcons-Jersey/. The third-ranked Buckeyes were down eight points to Notre Dame with less than 2 minutes to play and their offence was nowhere to be found. Custom Falcons Jerseys .ca! Hi Kerry, The recent issues in the Boston-Pittsburgh game have highlighted a number of officiating, game control, and player sportsmanship aspects. Falcons Jerseys . According to TSNs Farhan Lalji, Richardson is heading to Toronto for a physical and is expected to sign with the Argonauts.CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams is doubtful for this weekends game against the Chicago Bears, the latest setback for Carolinas ground game. Williams, who had just returned to the Panthers lineup after missing the last two games with a bad hamstring, suffered an ankle injury during the second quarter of Sundays game against the Baltimore Ravens. His foots sore, Panthers coach Ron Rivera said Monday. It doesnt look like its anything structural, but its sore. So hes probably going to start this week off as doubtful. Williams, who was seen in the locker room Monday wearing a walking boot on his left foot, will be reevaluated later this week, the coach said. His absence from the lineup, however long it may be, further hits a Panthers roster already thin at running back. Pro Bowl fullback Mike Tolbert was put on short-term injured reserve last week with a hairline fracture in his left leg, and will not be eligible to return to the lineup until mid-November. Jonathan Stewart (sprained right knee) and Fozzy Whittaker (quadriceps) are out indefinitely, and backup fullback Richie Brockel hurt his ankle Sunday. That leaves Charlotte with only two healthy running backs a€” undrafted rookie Darrin Reaves, who had 26 yards on 12 carries against the Ravens, and free agent Tauren Poole, who fumbled on his first career carry last week. Im sore, but Im glad to be sore, said Reaves, who Rivera has said will be the starter in this weekends game against the Bears. I hadnt played that much in a long time, but Im feeling good. I couldnt let myself feel overwhelmed by the situation. It was like, Okay, its my time, so lets go. I had to go do it, because my team needed me. It feels good. Im starting to be able to live my dreams out, and thats a good feeeling.dddddddddddd Not under the circumstances we have, with so many guys dinged up, but its still a good feeling. The effect of the injuries on the Panthers offence was evident against Baltimore. Carolina finished with 67 rushing yards, the third straight game the Panthers have failed to gain at least 100 yards on the ground. Rivera said that Panthers officials are considering bringing in a free agent to shore up Carolinas running game. Thats how both Reaves and Poole got to this position a€” first as additions to the practice squad, then called up to the 53-man roster after Stewart and Tolbert both went down. Were going to have to look at some guys from the outside right now, just to see, Rivera said. Obviously, without Jonathan available last week and potentially not available this week, weve got to have an insurance policy just in case. Theres some guys that are out there that well take a look at, try and see what their background is and see if they can handle it mentally. Thats probably the biggest thing. Rivera said that Whittaker would return to practice on Wednesday. However, his status for this weekends game, like Stewart and Williams, is still undecided. Brockel said his injury wasnt structural, and that he should be ready to play against the Bears. Well see how (Stewart) is on Wednesday, Rivera said. He did a little bit of work on Friday and Saturday, and didnt look as good as I was hoping. Well see how he is come Wednesday when he does some more work. Fozzy did some good things for us (in the preseason), but hes coming off an injury, so I dont know how available hell be. Thats why hopefully Reaves will continue to get better, and if we end up having an emergency guy come it, hopefully thats the kind of guy who can pick it up. Cheap Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Black NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Disocunt Football Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Throwback ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz