Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 81 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
dan yu Offline

Abbil

29.09.2018 09:29
Baltimore Ravens Elite Jerseys Antworten

From the time James Bettcher was hired as defensive coordinator by Pat Shurmur Derick Brassard Jersey , there has been speculation whether the New York Giants were switching from a four-man front to a three-man look.

After all, it's what the 39-year-old Bettcher ran with the Arizona Cardinals last season.

Bettcher dropped a hint Wednesday in his first interview since taking the job: He is not into labeling defensive schemes.

The Giants are going to use a lot of formations, including three- and four-man fronts. Sometimes, they are going to put five up front. They are going to keep offenses guessing, and they are going to attack.

"What it is about is playing relentless," Bettcher said. "The game is about playing hard. The game is about playing physical. The game is about playing smart. Those are things that our guys are going to do whether we are bringing five or six or dropping eight, whatever we are doing, whatever the field position is. The thing our fans are going to see, they are going to see a defense that is going to run around, that plays hard, plays fast and plays smarts and plays physical. That's what playing defense is about."

Bettcher will start laying the foundation for his defense Monday when players show up for organized team activities. The OTAs are a time that most coaches and coordinators begin discovering what they have, especially with a new team.

"Right now, if you asked me who we are on defense Aleksander Barkov Jersey , I have no clue," Bettcher said, adding by the end of training camp he will know.

The Giants certainly will have a different look, at least based on personnel.

Defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul was traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last month. Cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie was released and fellow CB Ross Cockrell was signed by Carolina as a free agent. The Giants added Alec Ogletree in a trade with the Rams and signed fellow linebacker Kareem Martin as a free agent. LB Devon Kennard signed with Detroit as a free agent, while defensive captain Jonathan Casillas, also a linebacker, remains a free agent.

The mainstays up front will be tackles Damon Harrison and Dalvin Tomlinson along with end Olivier Vernon. Ogletree and Martin will be the core of the linebackers, and cornerback Janoris Jenkins and safety Landon Collins will anchor the secondary.

"This isn't going to be James Bettcher's defense," Bettcher said. "This is going to be our players' defense, this is going to be these assistant coaches' defense, this is going to be our defense."

The process of putting the defense together will be done over the next five-plus months, and a version of the final product will be rolled out in early September. Bettcher said everyone is starting with a clean slate. There are some who need that.

There was squabbling among the defensive backs last season, and 2016 first-round draft pick Eli Apple miffed some teammates with his attitude and play.

Defensive end Josh Mauro Connor Brown Jersey , who played for Bettcher in Arizona before signing with the Giants as a free agent, will sit out the first four games of the regular season for violating the league's policy on performance enhancers.

Bettcher called Apple a very talented player who can do everything expected of a cornerback.

"He's a guy that, I think it's a guy that has expectations for himself and that's the most important thing," Bettcher said.

In his three years as Cardinals defensive coordinator, Bettcher's unit was consistently among the NFL's best in yardage allowed and run defense. Arizona led the league in sacks (48) in 2016, and Chandler Jones had a league-high 17 last season.

"I just love football, I love watching football, I love talking about it, I love being around it," Bettcher said. "I probably tire my wife out very much when we watch football. We're home and it's in-season and it's a Saturday afternoon when we have some time and we have college football in the house and we're watching ball. So it's an exciting time."

And a time to build a defense.

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) — Miami Dolphins quarterback David Fales has been on the bubble for his entire five-year NFL career, so he almost sounds convincing when he says Thursday’s exhibition finale at Atlanta is just another game.

Waived four times and released from a practice squad twice, Fales will likely be awarded the No. 2 job for the first time if he plays well against the Falcons.

If he plays poorly Keith Yandle Jersey , he might be cut.

In his latest battle to stay in the league, Fales is competing with Brock Osweiler for Miami’s backup job.

“You can’t put too much weight on one game,” Fales said. “I’m going to approach it the same way I have every preseason game and every game. You can’t put too much pressure on yourself. Otherwise you’re going to be forcing stuff and trying to do crazy stuff, and it’s not going to help you.”

It’s the oddest thing about these preseason finales the week before the season — they’re poorly attended and mostly meaningless, but for players fighting to make the roster, the pressure’s perhaps greater than in a playoff game.

So Dolphins coach Adam Gase will see how Fales and Osweiler fare under pressure. Gase seeks a successor to the departed Matt Moore, Miami’s backup quarterback since 2011.

Osweiler and Fales haven’t looked like keepers much since training camp began, but Gase said he’s comfortable with his options at backup quarterback — an important role given doubts regarding the durability of starter Ryan Tannehill, who’s coming off knee surgery and missed the entire 2017 season.

Miami might decide to keep both Osweiler and Fales, but the fourth quarterback on the roster, Bryce Petty, is a long shot to make the team. There has also been speculation the unimpressive camps by Fales and Osweiler might prompt the Dolphins to go quarterback shopping before the season.

Gase said he’s certain his No. 2 QB will be either Fales or Osweiler. The reason for his comfort level?

“I’ve called games for both of them,” Gase said.

Fales won praise from Gase after his first career start in last year’s season finale. He threw for 265 yards and a touchdown in a loss to Buffalo.

Osweiler Craig Smith Jersey , a seventh-year veteran, was a backup with the Denver Broncos and played in 13 games when Gase was an assistant coach there.

The two contenders for the No. 2 job did little to help their cause in Saturday’s exhibition game against Baltimore. When Miami was outscored 24-0 in the second half, each threw an interception and finished with a passer rating under 36.0.

Gase blamed poor protection by second- and third-team linemen.

“I think Brock’s temper is better than it used to be,” Gase said with a slight smile. “He took a couple shots there. It’s not on him.”

For the entire preseason, Osweiler is 25 for 41 for 174 yards with one interception and six sacks. Fales is 14 for 27 for 184 yards with two interceptions and one sack. Neither has thrown a touchdown pass.

Like Fales, Osweiler tries to characterize the exhibition finale not as a winner-take-all battle for No. 2, but just another day in the ongoing competition to stay in the NFL.

“It doesn’t really matter what spot you’re labeled in,” Osweiler said. “You need to come to practice every single day and get better. Otherwise someone will take your job.”

Baltimore Ravens Elite Jerseys

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz