Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 65 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
dan yu Offline

Abbil

29.09.2018 09:46
4.19 ERA with 88 strikeouts. Antworten

Armed with a record extension after a blockbuster trade http://www.officialhockeyjetsshop.com/authentic-adidas-jacob-trouba-jersey , Khalil Mack is looking forward to a fresh start with the Chicago Bears.

The two-time All-Pro said he is "glad I'm here" and "blessed" after a contract holdout with the Oakland Raiders ended with the star pass rusher getting dealt in a massive move on Saturday.

"It's been a whirlwind, but it's been exciting," Mack said Sunday. "It's new and I'm looking forward to it. I really can't wait. I'm itching. It's been a long time since I played football."

He held out for the entire offseason and preseason trying to secure a long-term deal rather than play under the final year of his rookie contract that would have earned him $13.8 million.

The Bears paid a big price, giving him a six-year, $141 million extension that guarantees $90 million. That made him the highest-paid defensive player in NFL history, a day after the Rams' Aaron Donald agreed to a six-year, $135 million deal, with $87 million guaranteed.

Chicago sent Oakland first-round selections in 2019 and 2020, a sixth-rounder next year and a third-rounder in 2020. The Bears got a second-round selection in 2020 鈥?which Pace called "a critical piece for us" 鈥?and a conditional fifth-rounder that year.

Mack acknowledged there is "absolutely" pressure that comes with a huge contract.

"But just based on how hard I worked and how hard I play, I want to be able to go out and show why 鈥?and that's just me," he said. "I've always thought of myself as the best defensive player in the league and I want to play like the best defensive player in the league. I want to be the best at what I do, and that's just me. That's what comes with Mack. Good response?"

What he brings could be a game changer for a franchise with four straight last-place finishes in the NFC North. That's why general manager Ryan Pace decided to check with Oakland if Mack might be available.

"This is a premier player at a premier position Paul Stastny Jersey , and this doesn't come around that often," Pace said. "So when it does come around, I'm just proud that I work for an organization that's willing to be aggressive in these times, and that Matt and I have the support to be aggressive, and that starts with ownership."

The 2016 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, Mack has played in every game since the Raiders drafted him fifth overall in 2014. He has 231 primary tackles, 40陆 sacks and nine forced fumbles.

Coach Matt Nagy wasn't sure if Mack would play in the opener at Green Bay. But when he does suit up, a defense that ranked 10th overall last season figures to get a boost.

The Bears have speed and athleticism on the edge with Mack and Leonard Floyd. They also believe they added a potential cornerstone player when they drafted inside linebacker Roquan Smith with the No. 8 overall pick.

"Our goal from the start here has been to win the Super Bowl," coach Matt Nagy said. "Now, there's ways to get to that. ... So does this help us? You know, you would think, yeah Womens Alexander Steen Jersey , obviously it helps you, but how are we going to get to that point? There's so many variables that go into it."

He's glad he no longer has to worry about game planning to face Mack. Nagy got his fill going against him in the AFC West as a member of Andy Reid's staff in Kansas City.

Mack's arrival adds to the buzz that was already brewing around the Bears. They hired the offense-minded Nagy and brought in some playmaking targets for quarterback Mitchell Trubisky, including former Jacksonville Pro Bowl receiver Allen Robinson.

The Bears believe they have the QB and pass rusher they need to lift a franchise with one playoff appearance since the 2006 Super Bowl season.

"You could say a lot of different things, but until I go out there and play, I'm not a big talker," Mack said. "I like to go out and use my actions to speak, and when I get out there and get on the field, you can probably sense what's going to happen. But I want to win, you know what I mean? Everybody wants to win. This team wants to win, and championship's definitely the goal."

NOTES: To make room for Mack, Chicago released C Hroniss Grasu on Sunday. ... The Bears placed TE Adam Shaheen (sprained ankle, foot) on injured reserve Markus Granlund Jersey , though they expect him to return this season. Pace said Shaheen does not need surgery. ... Chicago signed DL Nick Williams.

Sandy Alcantara was one of the key prospects the Miami Marlins acquired in their offseason overhaul, and he showed plenty of promise in his first career start.

The 22-year old right-hander made his much-anticipated Marlins debut and allowed just one run over five innings as the Miami Marlins defeated the New York Mets 8-2 on Friday night.

”It feels really good,” Alcantara said. ”I’m super excited.”

Alcantara (1-0) struck out two and gave up five walks and three hits.

”A little bit wild, a little bit of trouble with the strike zone, but being able to get through five – he’s still a work in progress,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said.

The 22-year old right-hander was the top prospect acquired in the offseason trade that sent Marcell Ozuna to the St. Louis Cardinals. Alcantara made eight relief appearances for the Cardinals last season.

”(Alcantara) has a very promising future,” Mets manager Mickey Callaway said.

JT Riddle hit a three-run homer and Lewis Brinson, who had three hits, also homered in a pivotal six-run third inning.

”JT able to hit that just kind of breaks it open from there and we’re in pretty good shape,” Mattingly said

Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto returned to the lineup after missing four games with a hand injury. Realmuto went 1 of 4 with an RBI and also picked off a runner at second base.

”It’s one of the reasons why he’s the best catcher in all of baseball,” Riddle said of Realmuto’s pickoff. ”To do stuff like that, a lot of people don’t do that and for a catcher to be able to do that defensively plus the way he swings the bat Authentic Oscar Fantenberg Jersey , it’s very good.”

New York’s Corey Oswalt (0-1) started in place of Jacob deGrom, who was scratched hours before the game to deal with a family matter. The Mets expect deGrom to start Saturday afternoon.

Oswalt looked nothing like deGrom, whose 1.69 ERA is the best in the majors. Oswalt allowed six hits and six runs in just 2 2/3 innings. All six of the runs Oswalt allowed came in the third inning.

”It didn’t change anything,” Oswalt said of the late notice. ”I went out there and tried to attack the zone. I just didn’t make enough pitches today.”

Brinson led off the third with his 10th home run of the season. Realmuto and Starlin Castro followed with run-scoring singles before Riddle’s three-run blast to right field gave the Marlins a 6-0 lead.

Devin Mesoraco had an RBI double for the Mets, who have lost nine of 10.

”We weren’t really in this game tonight,” Callaway said.

Cameron Maybin knocked in Brinson in the sixth to give the Marlins a 7-1 lead.

BRINSON A TRIPLE SHY OF CYCLE

Brinson recorded a single, double, and home run for his third game this month with at least three hits. He grounded into a double play in his fourth at-bat to foil his attempt for the cycle.

BAUTISTA AND FLORES MAKE IT 14 STRAIGHT

New York’s Jose Bautista and Wilmer Flores each reached base each extending their streaks to 14 games.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Mets: LHP Jason Vargas (calf) is expected to rejoin the rotation next week. … OF Yoenis Cespedes (hip) remained in Port St. Lucie, Florida, rather than joining the team for this series. Cespedes will continue to receive treatment and physical therapy.

Marlins: LHP Caleb Smith (lat) will have season-ending surgery. Smith finishes his rookie season with a 5-6 record and 4.19 ERA with 88 strikeouts.

UP NEXT

Mets: RHP Jacob deGrom (5-3, 1.69 ERA) is expected to return to the team and start the second game of the series.

Marlins: RHP Pablo Lopez is slated to make his MLB debut.

Youth Indianapolis Colts Jerseys

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz