Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 114 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

30.11.2018 07:30
character and to come Antworten

TORONTO -- Randy Carlyle really liked how the Toronto Maple Leafs started against the San Jose Sharks. C.J. Anderson Jersey . In a game he saw as a measuring stick, they got three shots on net in the first two minutes and looked like they could hang with one of the top teams in the NHL. Then Frazer McLaren took exception to Andrew Desjardins hit on Jerred Smithson and things fell apart. McLarens penalty was the first of many costly ones as the Leafs lost to the Sharks 4-2 Tuesday night at Air Canada Centre, their fifth straight defeat. "Disciplines a huge part," said Leafs winger Mason Raymond, who scored a goal and committed two penalties. "Youre killing penalties, youre not playing offence and youre playing in your own zone, so were kind of shooting ourselves in the foot there." Taking ill-timed penalties is often a recipe for failure, and thats especially the case against a high-powered team like the Sharks (19-3-5), who entered the game second in the league in goals per game. But more so than giving them the man advantage, the Leafs (14-11-3) stunted their own flow by going to the box. McLarens penalty came not long after the Leafs got the games first three shots in the first 1:21 and controlled much of the play. Even though the Sharks didnt score on the ensuing power play, they didnt give the puck up much for the rest of the period. Former Leafs forward Mike Brown opened the scoring for the Sharks midway through the period when he tipped a shot from defenceman Jason Demers five-hole past James Reimer. "It kind of bounced around a little bit and just squeezed through," said Reimer, who made 37 saves. "I wasnt able to close my legs quick enough. Thats just the way she goes." The lasting effect of San Joses seemingly never-ending possession was the Leafs trying desperately to catch up. When Jay McClement took a hooking penalty and then Raymond was called for tripping 33 seconds later, the Sharks wasted little time before captain Joe Thornton scored on the five-on-three power play to take the lead. "Go down five-on-three, and that took the momentum totally for the period in their favour," Carlyle said, making reference in part to a 17:17 shot drought the Leafs went through. "When you give a hockey team like that momentum, they can skate, theyre big, there was no real surprise on what they were going to do. They did it. And it took us till the second period before we got our things going." The Leafs got things going in part because of San Joses lack of discipline. Raymond scored a power-play goal off the rush 2:44 in, and Phil Kessel was the beneficiary of Logan Coutures high-sticking minor later when he scored on the power play. Centre Tyler Bozak, who fed Kessel for his 200th career goal and 15th of the season, left the game for good after with what Carlyle called an upper-body injury. The Leafs were already without centre Nazem Kadri, who missed the game with a death in his family. Carlyle didnt know the severity of Bozaks injury but acknowledged that it hurt against the Sharks. "For half the game, almost, we were short," he said. "We had three centres. Were taxing a lot of people here right now." For part of the second period, the Sharks were getting taxed thanks to the Leafs turning the tide. "I think we maybe got a bit lackadaisical at the start of the second period for about 10 minutes and they really gave it to us," Thornton said." The 10-minute mark it kind of switched. We had a timeout and we kind of flipped it back on them." Naturally it was another penalty that caused the reversal. The Sharks had started to get more attack time, and when Raymond took a high-sticking penalty, it gave San Jose the spark it needed. Again, the Sharks didnt have a power-play goal to show for their efforts, but they had enough attack time to put the Leafs on their heels. At no point was that more evident than on the shift that led to Mark Stuarts game-winner. Torontos fourth line of McLaren, Smithson and Colton Orr were caught on the ice for 1:48. The Leafs had chances to clear it, including Morgan Rielly failing to ice the puck, but when they didnt, Stuart skated in and scored his third of the season. "Theyre tired and theyre fourth line so, no disrespect, but you can maybe try things that you ordinarily wouldnt do," Stuart said. "I think we had a lot of good looks on that shift. We were able to get a good bounce and capitalize on it." Having the fourth line and a 19-year-old defenceman on the ice for almost two minutes wasnt what the Leafs wanted, but they got some chances to tie it in the third. Ultimately it wasnt enough, and Couture iced it with an empty-net goal at 18:36 of the final period. "I thought we worked hard out there, I thought the effort and the compete level was there," winger James van Riemsdyk said. "(We made) a couple mistakes. Theyre a good hockey team, theyre going to capitalize on their chances." NOTES -- The Leafs held a pre-game moment of silence for Toronto police constable John Zivcic, who died in a car accident Saturday. ... Cody Franson missed his second straight game with a lower-body injury. Carlyle had called him a game-time decision, but the defenceman did not take part in warm-ups. Ryan Kalil Jersey . He scored two highlight-reel goals in a three-minute span -- the second on a sideways bicycle kick in the 78th minute -- to give the Whitecaps a 2-2 draw with the Portland Timbers before a crowd of 20,303 at B. Bryan Cox Jr. Jersey . Warren made six birdies and a bogey for a 5-under total of 139 to sit one shot ahead of Felipe Aguilar of Chile, who carded a 69. David Horsey of England was also on 5 under through 15 holes to join Warren atop the leaderboard before play was stopped. http://www.cheappanthersjerseysonline.com/?tag=graham-gano-jersey-online . Vonn "reopened" the idea of competing in the season-opening World Cup event on Oct. 26-27 in Soelden, Austria after returning to the slopes last month in Portillo, Chile.KANSAS CITY, Kan. -- Down to 10 men and behind on the scoreboard, Toronto FC displayed its perseverance. Striker Luke Moores 67th-minute goal erased a 1-0 deficit and defender Bradley Orrs 91st-minute header provided the final equalizer as Toronto salvaged a 2-2 draw on the road against Sporting Kansas City, the reigning Major League Soccer champions. "Youve got to show character in games like this," said striker Jermain Defoe, who transferred to Toronto FC from Tottenham Hotspur during the off-season. "Away from home, its always going to be difficult. But to go down to 10 men a its a show of character to come back on the road and get a point." Already trailing by a goal, Toronto FCs comeback hopes appeared to suffer a severe blow in the 63rd minute when defender Steven Caldwell was sent off for a serious foul after cleating Sporting KC midfielder Toni Dovale in the right groin with a flying challenge. Instead, less than five minutes after the serious foul sent Caldwell to the showers early, Toronto FC (4-4-1) rallied and then did so again after falling behind on Dom Dwyers 84th-minute penalty kick. "The guys had to climb a bit of a mountain, and they did that," said Toronto FC manager Ryan Nelsen. "What I loved about this, I sat here about a year ago in this same situation when we went down to 10 men and folded like a wet paper bag, to tell you the truth. It was three (goals) going on eight, but we looked very solid today and we got -- through character and determination and battling through all the variables that were thrown against the guys -- what I think was a well-deserved draw." Sporting KC (5-4-3) controlled nearly 68 per cent of the possession and outshot TFC 17-7, but both teams settled for a single point after Orr headed home a chipped volley by fellow defender Nick Hagglund in the dying minutes. "We didnt play very well, but we were solid," Nelsen saidd. Taylor Moton Jersey. He did take exception to referee Baldomero Toledo sending off Caldwell for spiking midfielder Toni Dovale in the right groin on a flying challenge. "I didnt think I went in with any malicious attempt or excessive force," Caldwell said. "I won the ball clearly and felt he came into me. It always looks worse than what it was. I go, I see the ball and try and win it. I did win it and I felt it was very unfortunate and extremely disappointed to have let the team down and be sent off." Still, Toronto FC persevered. Defoe set the game-tying goal in motion by charging directly down the guts of the field after a midfield turnover by Sporting KC. Splitting three defenders, Defoe slipped a ball forward into the box for Moore, who wheeled around for a one-time left-footed drive that beat Sporting KC goalkeeper Eric Kronberg. Toronto FC went down a goal again in the 84th minute when Dwyer scored his MLS-leading 10th goal on a penalty kick. Toronto FC defender Doneil Henry knocked Sporting KC right back Igor Juliao to the ground in the box, conceding his fourth penalty kick of the season. Goalkeeper Joe Bendik -- who finished with three saves, including a critical pair on second-half rockets by Sporting KC midfielder Paulo Nagamura -- guessed correctly and dove right, but Dwyers drive was too strong. Toronto FC wasnt finished, however. "We never gave up, even when we got the penalty," said Defoe, who notched his first MLS assist on Moores goal. "We kept our heads. Its a difficult place to come. They are a good team. They pass the ball, they keep the ball, have good movement and are really athletic. I think tonight was all about character. "On a different day, maybe we would have gotten a little luck and won it at the end. But I think to show character and to come back was special. There are a lot of positives we can take out of the game tonight." Chiefs Jerseys China Cheap Nike Chargers Jerseys Cheap Nike Raiders Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Nike Giants Jerseys Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Redskins Jerseys China Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys China Cheap Vikings Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Panthers Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Saints Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Rams Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys China Bears Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bills Jerseys Ravens Jerseys China Wholesale Falcons Jerseys China ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz