Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 60 mal aufgerufen
 Diskussionen
jokergreen0220 Offline

Ultrine

13.01.2019 09:08
Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban apologized Thursday to Trayvon Martins family over his choice of words in a videotaped intervi Antworten

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban apologized Thursday to Trayvon Martins family over his choice of words in a videotaped interview in which he addressed bigotry and prejudice. Cheap Air Jordan 12 . Cuban even revealed some of his own prejudices in the interview with Inc. magazine, and said he believes everyone has "prejudices and bigotries" on some level. But after his words — which came with the NBA still dealing with the fallout over racist remarks made by now-banned Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling — created a stir in social media and other circles, Cuban took to Twitter to offer his apology. "In hindsight I should have used different examples," Cuban wrote. "I didnt consider the Trayvon Martin family, and I apologize to them for that." Cuban also said he stands by the substance of the interview. Martin was the black Florida teen who was shot and killed by neighbourhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman in February 2012. Martin was wearing a hooded sweatshirt — commonly called a "hoodie" — that night, and that particular piece of clothing became a rallying cry for those who demanded justice. Zimmerman was eventually acquitted. "Were all prejudiced in one way or the other," Cuban said in the Inc. interview. "If I see a black kid in a hoodie and its late at night, Im walking to the other side of the street. And if on that side of the street, theres a guy that has tattoos all over his face — white guy, bald head, tattoos everywhere — Im walking back to the other side of the street. And the list goes on of stereotypes that we all live up to and are fearful of." When shown that excerpt of the interview Thursday, Chris Bosh of the Miami Heat cringed. "Its just a sensitive time," Bosh said. Cuban has not revealed how he will vote on June 3, when NBA owners are scheduled to cast ballots on a motion to oust Sterling and force him to sell the Clippers. Cuban has called the comments made by Sterling "abhorrent," adding that there is "no place for racism in the NBA, any business Im associated with." Cuban has, however, cautioned that the Sterling matter is a "very slippery slope." "While we all have our prejudices and bigotries, we have to learn that its an issue that we have to control," Cuban told Inc. "Its part of my responsibility as an entrepreneur to try to solve it, not just to kick the problem down the road because it does my company no good, does my customers no good, does society no good if my response to somebody and their racism or bigotry is to say Its not right for you to be here, go take your attitude somewhere else." Cuban also told Inc. that he knows he is not perfect, and that "its not appropriate for me to throw stones." The magazine has a 2 1/2-minute clip of Cuban speaking about the topics on its website, along with about an hourlong appearance — with the Mavs owner discussing many matters — at its Growco Conference in Nashville on Wednesday. "Were a lot less tolerant of different views and its not necessarily easy for everybody to adopt or adapt or evolve," Cuban said. Cheap Jordan 12 Ireland . JOHNS, N. Jordan 12 For Sale Cheap . -- Mixed martial arts fighter Cristiane Justino Santos has been suspended and fined for testing positive for steroids. http://www.airjordan12ireland.com/ . A day after FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke said three stadiums would not be ready in time for the Dec. 31 deadline, Brazilian officials said they actually plan to deliver all six remaining venues after that date. They claim only three are delayed, with the other three being handed over after the expected date only because of problems accommodating the schedule of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, who wants to be present for the ceremonies.PHILADELPHIA - Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin sees picking 26th in the NHL draft as a sign of success. For Bergevin, the best pick is the 30th — which traditionally goes to the Stanley Cup winner. "Thats our goal. Every team wants to win," he said Thursday on the eve of the draft. "Picking 26th, yeah its far back but again you want to make the playoffs and you want to have success. And thats what happened. Thats the price you pay." After falling short in the Eastern Conference final, the Habs find themselves with a first- and third-round pick and then five selections well down the draft ladder (117th, 125th, 147th, 177th and 207th overall). Their second-rounder went to the Islanders in the Thomas Vanek deal. Bergevin says he is open to moving higher or lower with his first pick, depending on the offers or scenarios. "We could use help everywhere," he said candidly. "Were a good team but we need to get better. Im always open to make our team better." The Canadiens have already made some decisions. Bergevin says free agents Vanek, defenceman Douglas Murray and tough guy George Parros wont be back. Defenceman Andrei Maarkov and coach Michel Therrien have signed new deals. Jordan 12 Cheapest. Talks continue with three other free agents: captain Brian Gionta, and defencemen Mike Weaver and Francis Bouillon The Montreal GM also says there has been a meeting with star defenceman P.K. Subbans agent about a new contract. While much has been made of the Habs lack of size, Bergevin says its only one variable. "Size is something every team looks at," he said. "But character for me and compete (level) always comes into play. You can have a big guy who doesnt compete or you have (five-foot-nine) Brendan Gallagher — Ill take Brendan Gallagher all day long." Trevor Timmins, the Habs director of amateur scouting, said his staff will be keeping its fingers crossed as the first round unfolds. "We think positive about the player we want to get," he said. The good news is he believes there is a lot of parity in players available between the 15th and 40th picks. However he said it is a down year for francophone talent compared to 2013. The Habs scouts have done their homework, with Timmins and his staff having met with some 100 prospects. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Erstelle ein eigenes Forum mit Xobor
Datenschutz